Livery/Texture Bug

Jab

In the sun facing side it is fine where the tail meets the fuselage and where the nose meets the fuselage, but on the shade side it has a lighter texture for the tail and nose and the fuselage is alot darker.

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

Is the screenshot from the tutorial flight?  I have seen this in the tutorial when the sun is almost directly behind the airplane.  I really don't know what causes it -- I assume it's something to do with the sim's graphics engine.  The line you see around the fuselage doesn't match where the texture maps meet, so it's not related to the textures nor is there any shading break in the fuselage model there.  It will look normal again as soon as the light is coming from a slight different angle. 

The next time I see it I'll load some other aircraft to see if is aircraft specific.

• Developer

It turns out this is specific to the DC8.  But I found the cause (an error in the material settings of the model) and corrected it.  I'll make the new model available shortly and maybe we can get it set up as a hotfix as well. 

Archived