INS not following waypoints? Read this post.

Michael2

• Developer

It looks like a number of people are having trouble with the INS not following the flight plan when the autopilot is put into AUX mode. In most cases I think is happening after going to cold and dark and then starting up the aircraft.  When you do this, you must enter the ramp position into each INS and align them. If you don't enter the ramp position, even though it already shows that position, alignment will not work and the INS won't function properly. 

Tomorrow or Monday I'll try to post a quick start INS guide. 

• mopperle pinned and unpinned this topic

Michael, first of all congratulations on a superb product - the DC8 really is very, very good.

I have read everything I can about the INS but it has got me beat.

Any update on when your quick start guide will be available? 

Thanks.

• Developer

Ah yes, I said I would do that, didn't I.  I'll try to do it this weekend or early next week. 

If you start with the engines running,it's very easy -- all you have to do is load an FSX flight plan using the P3D menus.  If you go to cold and dark, then there is a process to go through.  

Is there some particular point at which you feel you're lost or it's gone wrong? 

I found how to operate correctly the INS because what Michael2 publish around here, it was hard but Michael2 gave us some clues that maybe we are missing in the manuals, meanwhile you can follow my video tutorial for INS 

The link will land you directly to the part of the video where begins the startup of the INS, afther that you are free to just jump to minute 50:00 for jumping to the end of the INS setup when you turn the overhead knobs to NAV and load your flightplan. I had to introduce the position getting the coordinates from RXP because sometimes loading the aircraft I get INS shutdown before turning on COLD & Dark. I must insist that I learned to do it thanks to this forums and the constant attention of Michael and the questions you post around here. So I hope to be help. 

Cheers, Richard

If you start with the engines running, does one have to go through the alignment process....or is there a way to do a "quick" alignment?

Regards,

Scott

P.S., Richard, thank you for the video!

• Developer
1 hour ago, Flugkapitan said:

If you start with the engines running, does one have to go through the alignment process....or is there a way to do a "quick" alignment?

No, the aircraft loads with engines running and the INS aligned.  All you have to do is load a flight plan with the P3D menu. 

There is a way to do a quick alignment (when alignment is needed) but I need to recall how it works and check to make sure it's still in the release version before I post how.  It may be a while, as I will be offline much of today.

Archived