its possible for aerosoft to release a video flight tutorial

Eduard Gasull

Hi, guys, I'm very very excited about the new aircraft, is wonderful. However, it's too much complicated for me as there are many systems that aren´t familiar for me. Its possible to you guys make a tutorial video flying the tutorial flight from the manuals?  I beg for it.

sorry for being dummy =)

Best Regards, and congratulations on this release!

I agree, especially with the fuel management component. There's already one aircraft in the Pacific due to my misreading of the fuel processes :(

Oh and you're not a dummy Eduard, remember that this aircraft requires 3 people to fly it properly.

Just now, balus said:

I agree, especially with the fuel management component. There's already one aircraft in the Pacific due to my misreading of the fuel processes :(

Oh and you're not a dummy Eduard, remember that this aircraft requires 3 people to fly it properly.

I'm progressing little by little with the tutorial in writing, but at a snail's pace. My main fault is that I delay finding and knowing how it is and where each button and system is.Although on the other hand I must admit that I love that feeling reminds me of when I was a small kid flying the FS2004 and the same thing happened to me with an Airbus HAHAHA

Just now, balus said:

There's already one aircraft in the Pacific due to my misreading of the fuel processes :(

I´m flying the tutorial flight but a different route, from Madrid to Bilbao. Hope not to reproduce again the horrible accident on Bilbao with the Iberia DC-8 in the seventies 

Still not sure if I am managing the fuel correctly but I'm still in the air! 

Would be nice to have a 2D fuel panel to keep active on a second monitor

Just now, balus said:

Still not sure if I am managing the fuel correctly but I'm still in the air! 

Would be nice to have a 2D fuel panel to keep active on a second monitor

what will be very usefull here ( and i know im going to bore aerosoft staff) its a FS2CREW addon for this plane or a engineer function simulation (as the copilot airbus function). Mathijs needed 30 minutes to go up in the air. I have been here for 1 hour and still in the prestart checklist :banghead1_s::clapping_s::D

If you want a 2D panel just go to the P3D menu, choose "Views/New View/Cockpit" and pick the view that you want...the click spots all work from those once they are open...and you can "undock" them to move to another monitor if you want.  Or hit the "[" key to open a new view window and the "A" key to cycle through the views to get to what you want.

Yes...it takes me about 30-40 minutes to get in the air...and I've had several flights.  I know my dad (retired United Captain with many hours in the 8) said they had to be in the cockpit 45 min before flight time...how it was before computers and FMS's.

Well, I finish more or less successfully my first flight with a DC-8, after 2 hours to get to the runway with all systems ready, i take off and do a manually SID from Bilbao. Wonderful, very nice. But when i was intercepting the AMTOS waypoint, the last waypoint of the SID I tried to engaged INS track and the plane went crazy. I was unable to capture the INS route (and it was in auto mode) So i need to practice and to learn more about these systems. So, i decided to follow the route with a conventional IFR (thanks god two of my main waypoints routes where VORS) then i proceed with Orbis 1C arrival manually (AMAZING, I LOVE TO FLY STARS AND SIDS MANUALLY) and successfully capture the ils loc and glideslope. I´m very happy with this purchase, the performance is spectacular and a lot of new things to learn about old fashion navigation and systems management.

Let's see if we have the video tutorial because i went crazy with INS mode route.

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

If you are starting from cold and dark you need to enter the ramp position into each INS and then align it before switching to NAV on the overhead. Look at figures 3 & 4 in the INS manual. 

Archived