Crackle sound when outside fsx

I am getting a cracking sound when I am outside of fsx when using the crj's, I was wondering if anyone else is getting this. I hear it in the speakers almost like a pop or a scratch. I can only hear it when working in another window and the engine sounds are not heard, I still believe it is going on but I just don't hear it.

Thank You for the help,

Anthony Marquis

i2600k fsx, 16gb ram

Also wanted to add that my performance with these aircraft is terrible compared to all others 7fps compared to 30 with airbus. Not sure if that is because of the sound issue or something else?

Anthony Marquis

• 1 month later...

FYI -- this does not appear to be limited to FSX + CRJ.  I hear this with P3D v4.2 and Win10 and the CRJ as well.

If I have the CRJ loaded, and I minimize P3D, every once in a while I'll be working in something else (like browsing the Aerosoft forum) and I'll hear this strange sound pop /click coming out of my speakers.  It only happens with the CRJ loaded into P3D.  Not a big deal, but strange.

• Developer

I don't get any crackling here. I tried GPU on/off, APU on/off and also engines on/off, but all sounds fine. Can you try the same please to find out which sound it is that you're hearing?

I am getting this whenever the plane is loaded, no gpu, apu, or engines, Not sure what is the cause?

Thank you

Anthony Marquis

• Developer

If APU, GPU and engines are off, you shouldn't hear anything on the outside. Does the sound persist if you go to the cockpit and back to the outside?

Yes I hear the sound whenever I am outside the sim, for example when I am typing on this forum and have fsx running the crj It will send crack to the speakers, airbus also does it from aerosoft but only when the engines are running and not as often as crj. I really appreciate you thinking about this problem and helping, I am lost on what it might be because I don't see too many others with the problem?

Thank you

Anthony

No I don't have it checked, but I was looking up some sound problems and am wondering if it is because of the setup I have in my sound config, ie realtek digital sound activated and hdmi also as an option, I am going to try to change some of these setting and see if that helps. I would appreciate a pic of what your sound setup looks like.

Thank You

Anthony

• Developer

I use Realtek onboard sound as standard sound device. I also have a USB audio adapter, but I only use that for things like Skype or Teamspeak. Settings in P3D and FSX are all standard.

yes that is what I have, I also had hdmi showing up in the sound section of control panel, I am going to remover everything but the standard sound device and usb for my microphone, and see if that stops the cracking. I'll let you know

ok did some testing, as soon as I start apu the cracking starts, even with engines it still does it, I have all default settings in my sound setup so I don't think it is that since the crj and airbur are the only ones to do it.

• Developer

It's interesting that you get this with the Airbus and CRJ. Both have two sound systems. The first is the default FS system. External engine and APU sounds are played by that. The second is used for custom sounds. In case of the CRJ that's XAudio 2 and in case of the Airbus for FSX, it's DirectSound 8. This difference makes it very unlikely that both planes would show the same issues.

Do you still get the crackling when the engines are running but not APU, GPU or similar?

yes I did a flight yesterday and shut off apu and still had the cracking with only engines, I don't get the cracking as much with the airbus, but I definitely get them.

• Developer

OK, so it's definitely the FS system. To be honest, I don't know an answer for this myself. I'm going to ask somebody who's more of a sound expert than I am.

Archived