Impressions

Debowing

Very Impressive overall. Lots to do and lots to learn. This is an aircraft with a lot of character and unique piloting.

I want to thank Aerosoft for publishing this and I want to say that it is great value for money

at a time when for the similar money one can alternatively buy just a set of liveries.

• Aerosoft

Thanks for the kind words.

And indeed, we are not fans of very high priced add-ons. Not only because they create expectations we believe are very hard to fulfill, but also we rather sell more and get less per sale. Works great for us so far. Our turn-over with FS add-ons has grown consistently since 20001.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Thanks for the kind words.

And indeed, we are not fans of very high priced add-ons. Not only because they create expectations we believe are very hard to fulfill, but also we rather sell more and get less per sale. Works great for us so far. Our turn-over with FS add-ons has grown consistently since 20001.

It's added at least an extra 18000 years! ?:)

Thank you Michael, and Aerosoft, really enjoying this aircraft. Huge fan of the DC-8 and this aircraft fills the need. Well Done Bob!

Please login to display this image.

Overall I am very impressed with this aircraft. Mastering the INS was a little like pulling my own teeth, but once I got it I found the best INS simulation that I have ever seen. The aircraft handles well, both in the air and on the ground and is stable enough for a jump from captain's seat to the engineer's position without plummeting to my death. You will never please everyone, but this is the best reality to cost and reality to playability compromise I have come across. Well done!

I still haven't found the Generator Overload Light.

I was quite certain that the DC-8 will be a nice addition to the sim and I was right. I'm surprised of how good the jet feels overall, cockpit looks and sounds good as well. It looks like a very passionate / ambitious project. 

What I'd like to see though would be an external load manager which allows for precise loading instead of fixed pax / cargo values. Especially since the aircraft's performance should be more or less spot on compared with it's realworld counterpart. If possible actual modelling of the fuel crossfeed (system / levers) and the "lever quadrant" left of the FE's panel would be a very nice addition to complete the professional ambitions of the DC-8. 

Freeeeeeedoooooom.......Thank you, guys...This Douglas puts a lot of glass to shame all right... may you sell more and prosper as long as you deliver class and fidelity, for the half, it's worth, for us modest simmers, Olympus approves.

I can only smell the A319 coming...but flying this baby... I am resting assured, I made the right choice waiting for the right bus.

While we are offering our praises of this lovely aircraft, I really like the inclusion of the standby compass -via mirrors. 

I like the way you modeled it, in that it looks like an actual reflection that moves about as you move in the cockpit, as opposed to just a 2D gauge. :clapping_s:

Really shows when you fly this with head tracking software. 

Its the little things that go a long way. ;)

2 minutes ago, richboy2307 said:

While we are offering our praises of this lovely aircraft, I really like the inclusion of the standby compass -via mirrors. 

I like the way you modeled it, in that it looks like an actual reflection that moves about as you move in the cockpit, as opposed to just a 2D gauge. :clapping_s:

Really shows when you fly this with head tracking software. 

Its the little things that go a long way. ;)

I am waiting for your next stream with this baby, and i will have by then a ton of questions afterwards...as usual

• Developer
1 hour ago, richboy2307 said:

I like the way you modeled it, in that it looks like an actual reflection that moves about as you move in the cockpit

Thanks, I spent a lot of time to model it like that. In reality the image would be smaller, but I wanted it to be legible. The magnetic compass was mounted in the big bin-like thing hanging off the ceiling behind the pilots.and reflected via two mirrors so it didn't look reversed.  Also in reality, you would use it to set the electronic compass on the HSI as part of your pre-flight.  But I knew it would cause chaos if I had the aircraft load with some random offset in the HSI compass. 

11 hours ago, Michael2 said:

But I knew it would cause chaos if I had the aircraft load with some random offset in the HSI compass. 

You're damn right it would haha. It's modelled in the A2A Connie and PMDG DC6 and I won't lie, I have gotten myself into trouble coz I forgot to run that check on the ground before takeoff (verify runway heading).

But yeah the gauge is very legible and usable.

12 hours ago, Ted Zeus said:

am waiting for your next stream with this baby, and i will have by then a ton of questions afterwards...as usual

@Ted Zeus Haha. Will be streaming it more this weekend. All questions welcome, I just hope I can answer em. If not we'll bother Michael with those questions. :P

The compass mirrors are amazing.  So is the whole aircraft.  Thank you for designing a classic jet for P3Dv4!

I got a little nostalgic.  I used to fly these (HJG DC-8's) what seems like a long time ago.  First time that VC loaded up, I saw those yokes, and it was like ah, welcome home.  Your DC-8 evoked that feeling -- well done.

On 14/04/2018 at 8:18 AM, balus said:

It's added at least an extra 18000 years! ?:)

Lol.... I knew Mr KoK was a time traveller. He knows things, that we don't !

Archived