Flickering white wall when using the virtual Cockpit

Hewi

Dear Aerosoft-Team,

i bought the DC-8 this morning but i'm not able to fly it as there is a flickering white "wall" when using the VC.
I've tried to solve the issue by reinstalling the Addon on different hard drives, updating my GPU driver, updating DirectX, installing it with and without trueglass, trying different weather settings, different graphics settings and using differrent airports but nothing seems to help...

Heres a video of it:

My PC:

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero

Intel Core i7 6700K
Asus GeForce GTX 1070 Strix OC 8GB
16GB RAM
500GB SSD
1TB Hard drive
Windows 10

What else can i do to finally fly this beauty

Kind Regards
Henrik

• Developer

I've seen this problem during development, and one beta tester had it briefly during the beta test.  Essentially the VC model is too complex for your system -- too many click spots, .  I have done some further optimization for the 32 bit version.  I will carry over this to the 64 bit and compile a new model that you can try. 

• Aerosoft
5 minutes ago, Hewi said:

I'm using P3D Version 4.0.28.21686 and true glass is disabled

Ahhhh, that version had MANY problems. We did not anticipate that somebody would have been stuck on that one.

Update your sim and I am 99% sure the issues are solved. The later versions can handle far more clickspots. 
I will have the product page updated so it shows that 4.2 is needed.

• Developer

Also, I don't think the save panel state module will work with 4.0.  You need at least 4.1, but 4.2 is better.  Let us know if this solves the problem.  If not, I have a slightly more optimised model compiling now. 

I kept that version because everyhing worked just fine and i really didn't wanted to risk anything (addon-wise) by updating it! :D
Now that i updated my client to the newest version the flickering is gone!
Thank you very much for your help!

• Developer

Excellent. Now please read the sticky post at the top of the forum as there are going to be other issues without installing the utility linked there.

Archived