Loading Utillity

Flugkapitan

Hi,

Just installed the DC8 - like the other person posted in a different topic, the installer did not point it to my P3Dv4 installation.

After loading the DC8 (default settings, engines running), when using the fuel/pax/cargo installer, changing the fuel level and number of passengers does not change the gross weight of the aircraft at all. It stays at 294,000lbs plus. Also clicking on the forward and aft cargo loading arrows do not accomplish anything. The amount in both holds stays at "0".

Regards,

Scott

• Aerosoft

We use the new installer method where the add-on is not linked to the simulator. That's how Lockheed prefers it. We just tell P3D where to find it. The big advantage is that if you re-install your sim all add-ons will be fine. Even better if you have multiple systems you can install it in a shared drive. I run all my aircraft and scenery from my NAS.

We're checking the loading utility issue you report. Could be we missed it when we changed the path at the last moment.

• Developer

Sorry for not responding sooner - a result of my time zone. 

It could be an install path issue or an XMLTools issue.  Can you see if you have a file called XMLTools64.dll in your P3D v4 folder (the root sim folder)?  

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the reply - no worries about not replying sooner.

I can check when I get home from work - won't be for another 6 hours or so.

If that dll is not there, should I attempt to find it and move it to the P3Dv4 root folder?

Regards,

Scott

• Developer

See the sticky at the top of the forum.  It looks like the installer didn't include it.  In the meantime you can download and run the XMLTools installer on its own.

Archived