Please login to display this image.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a little playing around.  Not sure if I'll get to the point of releasing it.  But who knows if there is enough interest maybe.

• Upvote 3

On 4/10/2019 at 1:03 PM, Satch93 said:

Dear Repainters,

I would like to request the beautiful Rich Air International livery. Flying as Rich air in Air Hauler 2...  I would love to add a DC-8 to my fleet!!!

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8690026

Thanks in advance!

For you if you want.

Hello Everyone,

I know we already have an excellent JAL repaint but I have a request for a JAL Cargo repaint if any of you have the time! 

Douglas DC-8-62AF (Japan Air Lines Cargo) AN1108405.jpg

Atlas is pretty much done, just cosmetic stuff.  So I decided to play with another livery.  Anyone take a gander at what this is shaping to be?

Both will be available when I'm happy with all the fuse changes I have to make to make this all work.  Just tedious stuff left over, but I think I'm happy in the direction these took.

11 hours ago, thibodb said:

Both will be available when I'm happy with all the fuse changes I have to make to make this all work.  Just tedious stuff left over, but I think I'm happy in the direction these took.

Nice job, but what do you mean by "when I'm happy with all the fuse changes" ??

1 hour ago, domm said:

Nice job, but what do you mean by "when I'm happy with all the fuse changes" ??

Missing door lines, had to remove weather effects as some weren't lining up.  Had to move some of my layers because some textures were reversed when transitioning a door.  The R1 door distorts lines need to look into that.  Some off colors on the tail need to track parts down etc

38 minutes ago, thibodb said:

Missing door lines, had to remove weather effects as some weren't lining up.  Had to move some of my layers because some textures were reversed when transitioning a door.  The R1 door distorts lines need to look into that.  Some off colors on the tail need to track parts down etc

Ok, I know the paint kit is very bad, and you have to do some tests to get something good.
Good luck

1 hour ago, domm said:

Ok, I know the paint kit is very bad, and you have to do some tests to get something good.
Good luck

I won't go as far as using the word bad.  But it could have used some beta testing before release.  No matter, I'll go thru it over the next couple weeks, renaming and organizing layers, maybe provide a download for a merged paintkit.  I hope Michael keeps developing this aircraft though.  A lot of promise and hes done overall a good job so far.

Hi everyone. Just have flown this bird and I loved it. I know you´ve already donde several repaints, beautiful ones. Just want to mention that Aeromexico was too a costumer of DC-8. Hope you have time one day and do this repaint. Thanks and have a great day. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Is anyone working on liveries for the DC-8 anymore?  I’m trying to find a Flying Tigers Cargo paint.   I can’t find a livery section for the DC-8 on the download section here. Also, can someone tell me how to submit a paint I did.  Thank you. 

bd smith=sad to say seems no! i checked just now download liveries section= nothing new there for almost  1 yr or close to it-sad ,great plane and no liveries much
and the 3 cargo UPS etc from more then 6 months ago still not ready/ what is he sleeping?

• Upvote 1

On 9/10/2019 at 8:52 AM, barbarotto1 said:

bd smith=sad to say seems no! i checked just now download liveries section= nothing new there for almost  1 yr or close to it-sad ,great plane and no liveries much
and the 3 cargo UPS etc from more then 6 months ago still not ready/ what is he sleeping?

Insulting much for someone who is willing to provide you a free livery?  No one replied to them so didn't' exactly see much of a rush.  And its summer here in Alaska so flightsim takes a back burner.  If you demand new liveries take up a brush and enjoy the work yourself as well.  Its not like you need a license to do it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...