Repaints, livery requests, repaint support

• Developer
17 hours ago, domm said:

you do not teach me anything about painting  (texture creation), but I never dared to give texture with such flaws.
And it's up to you, and not me to make a real effort to see the problem:

So the worst paint kit you have ever seen was not entirely useless for your purposes after all.  But I can't judge the alignment of your stripes from the screenshot. 

I have no problem with legitimate criticism of the product, but to be honest, I don't much care for the tone of some of your posts.  It is possible to offer criticism in a more civil manner.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Michael2 said:

I don't much care for the tone of some of your posts.  It is possible to offer criticism in a more civil manner.

now me too

I agree, on the other hand when it is a payware that wants to compare to others, we do not give a quality inferior to a freeware.
now me too   I don't much care for the tone of some of your posts.

among other things English is not my language, even if I speak it, better than I write it

now if you only have to say that everything is good and for that, do not count on me.
If it's good I say, if there are defects, I say it too, even if it does not please. sorry. ^_^

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

I'll try again.  I don't object to your pointing out defects.  Criticism will in most cases help to improve the product. But I don't appreciate the way you do it. What purpose does it serve to antagonize me on a personal level?

And for the record, I have never stated that this product is better or worse than any others. As the developer, I don't regard it as my role to make such comparisons. 

I can see the same alignment issue on your livery as my own. Because of the way the way the textures were mapped, there will always be a 1/2 pixel misalignment.  You can't paint around it because a hard line cannot be shifted half a pixel in photoshop, at least to my knowledge. The texture mapping was done along time ago, before any liveries were painted and it is not practical to change it now. 

"I can see the same alignment issue on your livery as my own. Because"  ???

Yes because  I kept the blue texture around windows, from DELTA textures, and I just lined up the green tape with a little cheating.

The longest for me was to make the UTA inclined to Left for the  tail

• 1 month later...
  • Developer

Hi Donald,

In the screenshots you sent me the problem with the L seems to have gone away. And when I load your texture, I don't see it either. 

I do see the issues created by the texture mapping of the one door.  Most liveries don't have text or other complex graphics over the door, so this wasn't spotted before. 

Here is a new model that should solve the problem:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sriojpM1IqWOKcYwZBXLalNLDKzMdTGd

It goes in the model.cargo folder.  Unless some problem arises with the new model, it will be added to the next update.  Anyone can try it, but it's best to back up the old file first.

On 1/4/2019 at 2:42 PM, DonaldX said:

I try it and it works perfect, solved the problem.

Thank you!

Thank YOU for the LACSA carga livery -- it is looking great.  I can see KMIA to MROC with this one soon.

• 1 month later...

Douglas DC-8-50 Cargo DHL (fictional)

DHL used the 73F version but I always liked this livery :)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JCBArY6UFhyXVvLheS7Y89TRTL7I4mKh

• Upvote 1

On 9/18/2018 at 11:46 PM, Gerbilsk said:

Hello, I see that repaint for this aircraft are become quite sparse but I would like to post a humble request, as I think it would be great to see this classic bird in an Alitalia livery. 

Classic would be amazing

but Landor would be good too

PS I  think Alitalia operated only DC8-40s and DC8-62s, but the appearance is rather similar 

I'm working (almost finished) on the last one :) (mine is the -43 version)..the older 60's liveries are very tricky to do properly

DC-8 Alitalia (circa 1972)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=17qXSZ8EPWrEdml-nl6si-RlEV4GhdsZS