Repaints, livery requests, repaint support

Aerosoft Team

• Deputy Sheriffs
30 minutes ago, Flugkapitan said:

Lufthansa.

Greetings all,

I was wondering if the Lufthansa livery that is included with the DC8 package is ever going to be fixed? Even with v1.03, it still has the US flag on it along with an US "N" number registration.

Cheers,

Scott

Scott, there is nothing to fix. This DC8 was leased by Lufthansa and therefore had an US registration:

Please login to display this image.

3 hours ago, lh777 said:

That is a bold and neat livery.  I wonder what font that is?  A person would maybe have to find that logo or patch it on there if doing a livery for that.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dear Talented Painters,

Yes, the Seaboard DC-8 would be fantastic! Especially in the full paintsceheme.:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Seaboard-World-Airlines/Douglas-DC-8-54CF-Jet-Trader/1745598/L 

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/5978794

I met them (dash 62's) regularly at LHBP in the early seventies.   They airlifted hundreds of "holstein friesian" cattle from the US.

The black and gold paintjob was beautiful in the early morning light.

Cheers,

Tamas

10 hours ago, balaton said:

Hi Dear Talented Painters,

Yes, the Seaboard DC-8 would be fantastic! Especially in the full paintsceheme.:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Seaboard-World-Airlines/Douglas-DC-8-54CF-Jet-Trader/1745598/L 

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/5978794

I met them (dash 62's) regularly at LHBP in the early seventies.   They airlifted hundreds of "holstein friesian" cattle from the US.

The black and gold paintjob was beautiful in the early morning light.

Cheers,

Tamas

Budapest?  Cargo ops?  That's interesting -- did you ever see any Arrow Air Cargo DC-10's (or even DC-8's before that) flying into LHBP?  I've heard they flew in there but wasn't sure...

No, I can not remember Arrow Air, but Flying Tigers -63's were also involved in this cattle business. Overseas National (another beautiful candidate dear painters!) had a couple of flights also with the 63's, but I think they carried Hungarians from the US to visit families. Also, World Airways, Trans International, Air Canada and even Saturn Airways carried passengers from Chicago and Toronto on charter schedule. All of this in the early seventies! These planes were a real treat for us/me  (an enthusiastic youngster with the exeptional luck to have the opportunity to work at the airport), amongst the Tupolevs, Antonovs and Ilyushins of that era.

The first wide body, I can remember was an LTU (German carrier) Tristar in its beautiful red-white livery.Around 1973-74. I believe it carried the whole Opera of Cologne for a Budapest tour.

Sorry guys for deviating from the original topic: still a Seaboard repaint wold be great.:-)

Cheers

Tamas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, I see that repaint for this aircraft are become quite sparse but I would like to post a humble request, as I think it would be great to see this classic bird in an Alitalia livery. 

Classic would be amazing

but Landor would be good too

PS I  think Alitalia operated only DC8-40s and DC8-62s, but the appearance is rather similar 

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/18/2018 at 11:46 PM, Gerbilsk said:

I quote Gerbilsk for the Classic Alitalia Livery also, and yes, Alitalia had also the 50 version of the DC-8; it would be great, thanks! :D

On 8/31/2018 at 6:14 PM, ArturV said:

I flew this classic in my good old days.

Much appreciated, best regards.

Arturo Villalpando.

Muy buenos dias, capitán !!!! 

I understood that you were a crew member and flew DC8-51s for Aeronaves Del Mexico, right ? Could you please tells us more about it? How does the Aerosoft's DC8 compare to the real one? Systems and flight model wise. We would be glad to hear from you! 

Thanks in advance ! 

Muchas gracias ! 

Paulo M. Soares 

Hi Paulo,

Indeed I was flight crew of this beauty from 1984 to 1987, in the rolling position between First Officer and the back systems position; never were in the "sacred left seat" LOL. I certainly did some tries in the DC-8, affectionately called "the eight" in P3D v4 but due to some personal problems I do not have enough time to try it in depth. My first impresions are that it taxies out with the corresponding weight, ie not equal to the 737 ng; another one is the takeoff roll distance seems to be correct according to the variables involved in the TO, like ac weight, airport elevation, outside temperature, altimetric density, engines thrust, etc. Once in the air, the trimming seems to be rather fast as far as I remember!! I was removed from this aircraft to fly the DC-10 in 1987!!! many years ago!! The handling in clean configuration is awesome!! It turns in the right way since the wing creates a lot of inertia during turns due to the weight of the engines and the wing itself, fuel included. In landing configuration, I recall that this aircraft generated a lot of lift so we considered it to have a good glide characteristics, tough to get in the rubber on the ground, lol, especially when landing light weight!!

Well Paulo, I hope to have my time already done to dedicate much more time to fly'er, and if I'm elegibe to get "Aeronaves De Mexico" repaint, well a lot more happy the man!!

Please do not hesitate to ask about'er, one problem is that unfortunately I do not keep any manual anymore, in fact I donated them to a younger pilot doing his firsts in the eight many years ago.

A sus ordenes Sr. Soares, su amigo

Arturo.

• Upvote 2

• 5 weeks later...

Hellon

Can we hope for a paint kit without misalignment and without paint; Whoever is available, has lots of misalignments

I used to make textures, which are downloadable on AVSIM or FlightSim.com, and i have never seen a paint kit as bad.

The same, default, and at the same place on all DC-8.
Impossible to make a master fuselage , as for example this one of PMDG
... See the pictures  available for this DC-8

• Developer

The paint is all in layers that can be made invisible or deleted in photoshop.  There is a single layer with only shading, if that's what you want.  The paint kit is complicated because the fuselage is typically divided between paint and bare metal and the dividing line is different for each aircraft. Some layers are only intended to show on bare metal, so many adjustments must be made for each livery. 

The misalignments where the fuselage textures join were created when the model was texture mapped -- it's too late to correct now and to my mind not a significant issue.  We are talking about 1/2 a pixel. Here is a high resolution screenshot of a new texture I'm working on that shows the seams -- you have to make a real effort to see the issue:

17 hours ago, Michael2 said:

The misalignments where the fuselage textures join were created when the model was texture mapped -- it's too late to correct now and to my mind not a significant issue.  We are talking about 1/2 a pixel. Here is a  you have to make a real effort to see the issue:

If you think this is not a significant issue, then there is nothing more to say.

I made a lot of textures that are available on AVSIM and/or FlightSim, and you do not teach me anything about painting  (texture creation), but I never dared to give texture with such flaws.
And it's up to you, and not me to make a real effort to see the problem:

Go see on PMDG an example of a paint kit, and how it looks, it's free.

For information. Here is a DC-8 UTA colors made by me in 3:30 without misalignments
Starting from the DELTA texture.

• Thanks 1