EDDF Setup with Orbx Germany

macwino

I've just installed Frankfurt v2 Professional v1.10 in P3D v4.2. In the setup screen there are 3 checkbox entries under "Orbx FTX Settings." These were unchecked by default. I have Orbx Global, Orbx lcEurope and Orbx North and South Germany. The EDDF manual gives no guidance on what these checkboxes do and when one or more should be checked. Given my setup as described above, should I check any of these boxes? Also, is there anything else I need to do for Orbx compatibility?

Thanks, Robert

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Robert, I guess you are referring to the EDDF Configtool

The first checkbox (as the title says) matches the seasons for EDDF with the season switching dates used by GES (Orbx Germany South) which are different to the standard dates in P3D

The 2nd checkbox disables the landclass customization, which improves the look and feel around the airport when you have no other landclass addon installed. But as Orbx does also a good job here, tick that checkbox

The 3rd checkbox would disable the photoreal area outside the aiport. Whether you use it or not depends on your personal preferences. So simply try what looks better to you.

Thanks so much for explaining these options. I greatly appreciate it.

Since my original post, I found a September 2017 post on the Orbx forums indicating that the following changes are needed for compatibility:

"In order to achieve compatibility with GES, some GES files need to be deactivated:

DEACTIVATE: (by renaming from .bgl to .off)

>>> in \ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_GES_05_SCENERY\scenery

ADE_FTX_GES_EDDF.OFF

ADE_FTX_GES_EDDF_CVX.OFF

FTX_GES_EDDF_objects.OFF"

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/142035-ges-compatibility-with-mega-airport-frankfurt-v20-professional/

Does anyone know if any of these changes are still needed with EDDF v1.10?

Thanks, Robert

• Deputy Sheriffs

They should not be needed for the newer versions of Aerosoft Pro airports that contain settings for GES or GEN compatibility in the airport's control panel. If the control panel looks like the present one for EDDF, you're good to go without changing Orbx files.

Edit: I forgot those three files were deactivated in my P3Dv4.2 for the earlier version of EDDF Pro. To verify whether they needed to be, I reactivated them and learned with the files active, there is indeed a plateau north of the airport around the approach end of runway 07L. Deactivating them corrected the plateau effect. So it seems the purpose of the three checkboxes under "Orbx FTX Settings is all about season and color matching to Orbx Germany South and not elevation correction.

Archived