Always problem with approach runway 20 LFKJ (Ajaccio- corsica)

Hello,

i installed V1.06 CRJ 700 for P3DV4.2, and i have the same problem for landing runway 20 in LFKJ: when i passed the point IS , as is the normal way before the circling approach :P3D crash and i am returning on the desktop.

Is the problem exist in NAVDATAPRO or in CRJ700 ?

Thanks for a reply.

I specify i have no problem with other RNAV like LFRB (BREST) or LFRS (NANTES).

Michel

Hello,

i have to specify also than i used last year FSX and the Airbus 319-320-321 aerosoft with free navadata cycles. In the data we had runway 20 proposed for landing on the FMS  at LFKJ (ajaccio), and i had no problem to land with the circling approach..

Is NAVDATAPRO the problem ?

Michel.

@mtlt give me your exact flight route, acft with livery, loads,...and I'll try to fly your route this weekend and report back.

Since you always try to land on RWY20 I assume you don't fly with real weather so I will shut down ASPv4 for the flight. If this is not the case then give me date, time (GMT) so I can reproduce the conditions.

BR,

Gerald

Hello,

thank for your reply. Effectively, i dont'use real weather...I use the CRJ700 (V1.06) aerosoft with Airfrance (hop) livery and i save payload with CRJ manager exe: Pax 61,cargo 200, fuel about 3274 kg and so on...Wind from 200 at 3nds

I start from LFLL( lyon ) at FL200. Distance nearly 300NM..etc. starting runway 17R and SID Roman8S, UT43 to TUPOX, UY30 to UGLET,and direct to STP, UM128 VAREK, STAR by VAREK3P (STAR STARS runway20 PARATA) : FMS show VAREK to IS. Runway 20 is not in the data for navdatapro..P3D v4.2 crash after the point IS, and i return on desktop... I try now with an other airplane (carenado).

Michel

Hello,

with airplane carenado bonanza 36, all work fine to land runway 20 in LFKJ (Ajaccio- France). It seems that the problem is probably in the database of navdatapro, or the FMS of the CRJ700.

I use the last update of nadatapro. 1804 R1.

Michel.

Hi mtlt,

I don't wanna be prying, but,

There is no data for the VPTA RWY20 approach to LFKJ, as this is a VISUAL approach.

Passed the IS NDB at 4,000 ft - which actually is the MDA for that approach - you have to switch off the AP and handfly the whole thing down to heading 203 at 870ft at 2 nm to THR 20, with NAV1 mode set to AC LOC (110.30) for distance reference and CRS set to 203 for the (very ) final alignment ref on RWY 20 (see VPTA plates for RWY 20).

This should dramatically reduces chances for FMS, AP or whatsoever fatal error.

My 2 cents, guys,

Cheers,

I think he's aware of that since in he's first post he talks about "circling to land" on RWY20 (also in another thread he specifies that there is no FMS data for RWY20 because its a non precision app).

I'm configuring the flight and give it a try.

@mtlt I setup your flight and my sim crashed short after passing VAREK!

I have the standard Navdata that came with the CRJ and this is the first time that my P3Dv4.2 makes a CTD. I have no entry in the Event Viewer :o 

Hello GEK,

i'am satisfied for your reply. Effectively i switched off the AP, and i tried a manually approach as said fmop17 above. P3D V4.2 crash after point IS (twice). I think that is a problem with navdatapro . With fsx and the airbus serie aerosoft (the bundle) i had no problem. .The data cycle was 1600 if i have a good memory. That navdata was included with the airbus.. It is specified runway 20 in the data, as a manually approach.  Actually runway 20 is not notfied in the data !.I think the problem is here. I try another approach from HORRO to see what happens.

What the aerosoft members think about that problem?

Michel

hello GEK,

i try another approach for the runway 20 LFKJ: I choice STAR HORRO, and i use circling B20 (from the south) and i had no problem for a visual landing on the runway 20.

I think the problem for the approach VAREK and IS is a navdatapro error. But i am not sure.

Michel.

Hello Michel,

as I said I have not the latest NavData but the one that was delivered with the CRJ (I think it is 1708).

I also can't select RW20 in the CRJ but have no problem with the 737NGX (I had no problems circling and landing on RW20). Therefore I suspect an error in the CRJ MCDU......

Still hoping someone from AS to jump in...

So VAREK does work with the CRJ!

I just did another flight. This time I configured the FMC for RW05 using VAREK STAR. Just after pasing VAREK I went from FMS to HDG mode and flew towards IS ADF then followed the entire circle to land procedure in the chart (from IS HDG 099 till D 5.0 from AC, then 053° D3.0 AC, 023° till the 4 DME ARC AC, turned and landed on RW20).

To conclude: I think the CRJ FMC has a bug within. It does not know RW20 in the first place and, if you don't plan any ARR RW, it will crash somewhere during approach.

Can't help you more than this @mtlt Michel.

Regards,

Gerald

Hello GERALD,

I agree to yours replies. But when you say RW 05, probably you think 02, because there is no RW05 in LFKJ ? That is what i do the last try: i program STAR TINOT, with approach ILS Y02, i switched off the AP 2 miles before RW02, and flew with circling B20 to RW20. I'ts the same thing you do. I believe there is something wrong in navdatapro or effectively in the FMS.

Thanks.

Archived