Using airline liveries in games question

JayRichards

Hello all, I live in the USA. I am developing an app simulating airport operations.  I am deciding if to use real world airline liveries and names or not.  Do you know if I can use airlines names and liveries freely? Or are there some additional steps?

• Deputy Sheriffs

I'd caution you to obtain an answer from a knowledgeable professional source rather than looking for opinions on the net. The risk for your app by spending a lot of time and money in development, only to not be able to sell it because of copyright issues, isn't worth it by seeking free advice. A simple case of you get what you pay for

Best is to contact each airline that you want to include by default and ask for their permission. Don't include anything without permission. Most airlines will probably be glad to give you permission if you ask for it, but can be really upset if you include it without asking.

Archived