Flies like a puppet

ddeuce

Hello my friends here at Aerosoft, it has been awhile, I had a stroke a few years ago, and I am now back to flight as a result of some excellent physicians,my wife bought me a new simulator called P3d by Lockheed Martin, and I have spent some time using it, and getting used to flight again, it will take me a while to get back in the saddle, tonight I downloaded your newest BroncoX and loaded her onto the P3D 4+ all went well, I took my initial Bronco Flight from Redding (KRDD) to North Island via Travis, San Francisco and Edwards, a nice long flight, I only ask why after a nominal takeoff, and slow ascent 750fpm to 140k feet does the aircraft swing like she is on a pendulum, rocking back and forth as though she had no substance ? In flight in a real Bronco her commands answered sharp and crisp, the closer you got to 200 mph the sharper you could do minor corrections, when I reached 11,000 feet, and did a couse change from 113 to 175 she dipped left and right for what seemed an eternity, I am sorry I know with FSX I created a handling fix, but darned if I can remember it, I also remembered I added a headwind sound to the sound cfg file, did anyone here keep that info ?   

Yes, all settings are set for reality, and no options for weather in P3DV4, and I have no explanation either, that was why I ask ?

• Aerosoft

What weather options would a airplane add-on have sir?

And on the flight model, I have no idea how much experience you have but the flight model was made with the help of some extremely experienced Bronco rider, why all agreed it is pretty much as it should be. 

Hi ddeuce, Good to have you back at the forum.  Continued good wishes for your recovery. 

I have noticed a big difference in the way the Bronco handles at the speeds between 150 kias and say, 100 kias.  When I'm on short final if I don't keep the speed up, it gets "mushy" and "yaw-y" sort of like the puppet on a string behavior you describe.  At what speed does this behavior occur in your scenario?  Are your feet fixed on the rudder pedals?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Obie great to hear from you, yep it is as you say low speed at take-off, it is difficult to maneuver or turn without the swinging man routine, I still recall my last flight aboard 4577, she answered her helm crisply and precisely without swinging to and fro, I am trying to get back into FSX and P3dV4 (a Christmas gift from my daughters) and I have a computer that has 4.77 CPU speeds and a 10GB GPU, I now have everything in graphics pegged, and get some great detail, and it is wonderful.

Mathijs, I was a fan of your BroncoX Project, the art you use for the pipper is mine, I sent you my aerial photography of the pipper, and still cannot believe you made it red, because the real pipper was white when you turned on the red filter......... green to white, one for day, one for night, night was luminescent green, even brighter when red filter was turned on...........  and the old Bronco did not have a backup ADI, it had an AOA adviser gauge

Archived