Preview: Seahawk / Jayhawk for FSX (now called Navy Hawks X)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft
Mathijs

Any update on when this will be available? The Aerosoft newsletter I received a few weeks ago indicated 'last week'!

Thanks

Brent

Yes, and right after that was taken to hospital to get my gall bladder removed (gall stones bad, morphine good!). So we lost a solid week there. At this moment the choppers are done, manual is done, we are just trying to complete the ships and the ship placement module (it uses Google Earth, real cool). The problem is that one of the main people will be on holiday next Monday so we are scrambling to get files to him in time.

Yes, and right after that was taken to hospital to get my gall bladder removed (gall stones bad, morphine good!). So we lost a solid week there. At this moment the choppers are done, manual is done, we are just trying to complete the ships and the ship placement module (it uses Google Earth, real cool). The problem is that one of the main people will be on holiday next Monday so we are scrambling to get files to him in time.

Sorry to hear of your illness and I'm amazed that you have recovered so quickly. I'm anxious to get this and the screenshots you've been posting have only stoked that interest! :lol:

Cheers,

B

When Shaun talked about you taking a short but necessary break I was thinking about a nice short holiday. Didn't know it was that serious :| . Hope all goes well now :D

:o I ..WE All Hope everything has gone well with your adventure , Lars ,Chris and Vinflyer are right Health first .. all the best Randy,, ps I think most of us would be lost without your assistance and guidance

Mathjis,

A family member just had that same surgery so I understand how it would mess you up for a while. Good to see you are back on your feet.

• Aerosoft
Mathjis,

A family member just had that same surgery so I understand how it would mess you up for a while. Good to see you are back on your feet.

Guys, I am up and about, working 12 hour days on the Seahawk, stop wishing me well.

Spend the day completing the manual and testing the hover mode. For the first time ever I managed to hover fully manual (!) without ANY (!) external view. So just on instruments, for 30 seconds and when I landed I was at most 20 feet from my starting location. Proud as a dog with two willies.

Guys, I am up and about, working 12 hour days on the Seahawk, stop wishing me well.

Spend the day completing the manual and testing the hover mode. For the first time ever I managed to hover fully manual (!) without ANY (!) external view. So just on instruments, for 30 seconds and when I landed I was at most 20 feet from my starting location. Proud as a dog with two willies.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:lol:

So how is this on frame rates. See alot of indication this may take big hit on FPS. Good indication would be to compare to the FPS for default plane. Example: if you get XX fps with default plan, what is the FPS with this product. Thanks. Only reason Iam asking, is that I have an older CPU, but new 8800gts card. Thanks!

BTW: this looks amazing, hope I can run it okay, would love to add this to my addon colection. Even with the new helicopter that is coming with Acceleration. Downloaded the manual, and this does look amazing, great job!

• Aerosoft
So how is this on frame rates. See alot of indication this may take big hit on FPS. Good indication would be to compare to the FPS for default plane. Example: if you get XX fps with default plan, what is the FPS with this product. Thanks. Only reason Iam asking, is that I have an older CPU, but new 8800gts card. Thanks!

BTW: this looks amazing, hope I can run it okay, would love to add this to my addon colection. Even with the new helicopter that is coming with Acceleration. Downloaded the manual, and this does look amazing, great job!

The chopper itself is heavy on frames, no doubt about that. It is very well optimized, but you are just paying for the amount of polygons that are drawn. In the same location I get around 35 fps in the SH and 55 to 60 in the default Bell 206. About what I would expect. Keep in mind that in there are about double the objects to draw and a lot more code for the gauges.

A nice figure, to get this chopper back into FS9 (no plans for that of course) would mean dropping 50% of the textures and almost 35% of the modeling. In FS2004 we simply maxed out the options, the compiler would not allow any more complexity so we did not have a crew member behind the sonar console, we could not even add a co pilot. For the FSX version we could all add that (and the DX10 version will be even faster and better looking).

But to answer you... yes, it's heavy on frames, but as you fly it probably a lot over water and some of the ships are really light on frames, you'll be fine.

Thanks for the quick reply, thats not to bad of a drop off in FPS, nice job. I have a DX10 card (Nvidia 8800GTS) and with SP2, should see a nice improvement in FPS, so this should be very usable for my system. Think I might have to get this now! :)

• Aerosoft
Thanks for the quick reply, thats not to bad of a drop off in FPS, nice job. I have a DX10 card (Nvidia 8800GTS) and with SP2, should see a nice improvement in FPS, so this should be very usable for my system. Think I might have to get this now! :)

Got the same card... you will love it in a few months when FSX fully starts to use DX10.

Yea, I have been looking at alot of the post with pics of Acceleration(SP2) and it look amazing. And the over 20% improvement with DX10 and the shadows look great, cant wait.

Just downloaded this last nighy, WOW great job. This thing is amazing. Your info about the FPS was very accurate. I went to normal airport I goto, and default Bell was about 25fps, and Seahawk was about 19fps, this is better than I was thinking it would be. Great job. I have flow over large airports and landing on boats with all scenery turned on, and still get about 17 fps.

This is with haveing almost all of the other settings at High Medium settings. Love this bird, cant wait to figure it out, but giving it time, only have about 2 hours sofar, but I know what I will be doing all weekend now though!