LOWI RTT WP not followed by AP in NAV

Here's one for you to test guys.

Following FPLN: LOWI/08 OBED3J OBEDI DCT DIMLO DCT BABIT Y574 ROMUX ROMU1A LRTR/29.

In NAV mode my the CRJ never turns towards RTT Waypoint at the end of the SID...it just flies straight to OBEDI.

22 hours ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

Here's one for you to test guys.

Following FPLN: LOWI/08 OBED3J OBEDI DCT DIMLO DCT BABIT Y574 ROMUX ROMU1A LRTR/29.

In NAV mode my the CRJ never turns towards RTT Waypoint at the end of the SID...it just flies straight to OBEDI.

I don't doubt it. God would have a tuff time making those turns. From D136A, 110 degree turn to the left for 1 NM to RTT, 140 degree turn to the right for 57 NM to OBEDI.

I'm not even going to try that. Instead, after I pass D064G I'll fly direct to RTT.

vor 2 Stunden , JerryJet sagte:

I don't doubt it. God would have a tuff time making those turns. From D136A, 110 degree turn to the left for 1 NM to RTT, 140 degree turn to the right for 57 NM to OBEDI.

I'm not even going to try that. Instead, after I pass D064G I'll fly direct to RTT.

I think you got it wrong Jerry,

we are talking about RW08 Takeoff following OBED3J (or OBED2J) SID. There are no such turns in between ;).

Please login to display this image.

The CRJ will not fly towards RTT but straight foreward towards OBEDI.

49 minutes ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

I think you got it wrong Jerry,

we are talking about RW08 Takeoff following OBED3J (or OBED2J) SID. There are no such turns in between ;).

The CRJ will not fly towards RTT but straight foreward towards OBEDI.

Could be. I used FSCommander to make the route, SID and STAR. Thought something wasn't quite right because of those severe turns. FWIW, CRJ700 followed the route correctly until it passed the last waypoint and should have turned toward the beginning of the STAR. Like in your case, it didn't. Kept going straight.

• Developer

I fixed the overfly pointer and holding drawing.

However, there's a huge issue here: an overfly waypoint followed by a 108° left turn within a distance of just 1.1NM. It only makes sense if you're going to fly the holding (and with that stick to the 210 knots speed limit - or even less). In most cases, ATC will probably clear you direct OBEDI before the turn to RTT.

EDIT: The holding is a "hold to altitude" (9500ft) so it will enter the holding but exit it right away. The way it exits may look weird, but is caused again by the extreme angle between 226° course and 93° to OBEDI. After all, I'm sure now that you will always be cleared direct OBEDI unless you're in an aircraft that can't climb past 9500ft before reaching D136A.

Archived