HUD/HGS Manual?

Hi there,

could someone point me towards a manual or a tutorial where the HUD/HGS of the CRJ is covered? Can't seem to find it in the docs, and a forum search just came up with bug reports.

A "how to use the HUD" would be very helpful :)

Thanks! 

It's the same as in the 737NGX, but since you asked, i assume you don't own it either ;).

It's quite easy:

On CP side (middle console) there is a small display (don't know how it's called). There you have to enter 3 things: RW Length, Elevation and GS approach angle (mostly -3 deg). You enter those values by clicking on RWY button to the left of the screen.

The first active input is called "LN" - this would be the RWY Length (delete the numbers with the CLR button below the display and enter the new Length with the num keys to the right).

After entering the correct length, press again RWY and the display should switch to (If i'm correct) "ALT" or "EL" (for elevation) mode. Same procedure...delete the numbers and enter the RWY Elev.

Pres RWY again and you should see the 3 Deg already there so no need to do anything.

Well you are set to use the HGS.

Forgot to say but suppose you know it... you have to set up all that other stuff requiered for landing (NAV, CRS, and so on) and of course enable the AP modes (NAV and APP) accordingly.

On the HGS the FD will be represented by the bigger circle with the lines (or wings) and you will have to hold the smaller circle inside the bigger circle :).

I personaly find the CRJ FD acting bit strange and thus hard to follow. You will have a hard time to keep those circles concentric. The nice thing while flying with the HGS is that if you keep the small circle exactly on the spot where you would want to touch down, you will land spot on ;).

Archived