FMS Challenges?

If I input a route from Simbrief I do so without SID or STAR

However when I do input one or the other of these, and then decide on a different departure or approach, the FMS does not clean out the previous version but leaves waypoints of the old proc behind.  To avoid spending time following a crazy route I have to patiently clean out the unneeded waypoints.  Then on the pilot's side ND I seem to get lots of breaks in the flightplan course line and I end up doing many DIR to make sure I don't have the plane heading off in a turn.

And just to add a little more of a test, every now and then when properly set at FMS1 on the nav source selector, the aircraft will randomly depart from the course, requiring HDG mode or DIR to get straightened out.

I have read the manual almost religiously, and I have found out the solution to many other problems of mine.  But these still seem like bugs, and I wonder whether Hans might continue to test these,

or someone give me guidance if it is just plain error on my part.

The second line is a little ambiguous....I input the route into the FMS without SID or STAR, execute it then go to DEP/ARR.... 'and then decide on etc......(as in my first post).

Archived