Support overload. We are currently seeing 65% more demand for support then we normally see. We can only assume this is because more people are at home due to the corona crises. Our complete support staff is online and they are working flat out, but it will take some days before we can scale up resources. Please be patient.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chuck Adams

CAT II Approach?

Does the CRJ have a configuration for CAT II approaches?  Such is, tune NAV1 and NAV2 to the appropriate frequency.  

I couldn't find any mention of it in the manuals or the forums, but thought I'd ask.  

Chuck Adams

Same as standard coupled ILS approach but with DH based on radio altimeter instead or barometric pressure and basically any failure requires a go around except for a single stab trim channel failing. So, nothing really special needs to be done.

Roger, thanks very much.  So in my reading of all this, the CRJ is really NOT a CAT II-capable aircraft.  Which is fine, just wanted to know.  

4 hours ago, Chuck Adams said:

Roger, thanks very much.  So in my reading of all this, the CRJ is really NOT a CAT II-capable aircraft.  Which is fine, just wanted to know.  

The company I work for our CRJ fleet and crews are CAT II certified.

You should be able to shoot a CAT II with this addon.

8 hours ago, Chuck Adams said:

the CRJ is really NOT a CAT II-capable aircraft.

How did you come to this conclusion?

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.