Airport Buochs X for P3DV4

toucanair

Hi All,

I have been recently searching the internet for scenery's that had been updated to P3DV4 and had noted that Flylogic Software had updated their Airport Buochs X to version 1.15

and that it is now compatible with P3DV4. 

so I decided to check Aerosoft's master P3DV4 compatibility list and noted it was not listed. 

I then checked my instant downloads as I purchased this product through the Aerosoft store and note that it is still only Version 1.00,

Could someone please advise the latest status on this product and whether it will be updated to Version 1.15 in the Aerosoft Downloads section

Kind Regards,

T

Thank you for looking into it Mathijs, it was great when Buochs came out the first time as I feel it was a long time coming, always fun to fly out of the Pilatus Factory with the various  

Pilatus Aircraft, especially after installing a new repaint from different developers available for P3D now.

It would be great to see this one updated to the latest version, 

cheers

Hi Again, thank you for the speedy reply and the updated files, 

Just an update, 

Even though Mailsoft/flylogic website says it its is compatible with P3Dv4, The installer works only after manually pointing the installer to P3DV4 as there is only options for FSX and P3Dv3,

However on loading although most of the scenery is ok, the runway,taxiway and grass does not load at all. 

On further research, It seems to be a known issue as well,

Please refer to this Post on another forum: http://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=126003.

After having a look at file folders, there doesn't seem to be any non compatible files that would preclude the scenery from loading properly. i.e no 32bit .XML files that I Could find, the models all seem to be FSX and above compliant and all the textures, particularly the runway and taxiway textures are in .DDS format. 

My only thought could be a .bgl file that loads the ground textures or some other coding that could be in an FS9 format or perhaps even, the "Aerosoft style" installer could interfere with the scenery loading correctly.

Having said that, the underlying Ortho-image does  load correctly, as do all the buildings etc.

I'm just wondering if any one else has had this problem, or, if anyone has found a solution to this issue, as it is quite a good payware scenery addition. 

Failing that, if anyone has been in touch with the original scenery developer to have the scenery adapted to a proper P3Dv4 installer perhaps.

Regards,

T

At the moment Buochs ist not compatible with P3Dv4. Although Flylogic says on their website that it works in P3DV3 apron and runway isn't visible. The developer used some old FS9 code to show apron and runway which doesn't work anymore. I think it's the same code, Aerosoft used in their older German Airports. Please write to Flylogic about that, so they are urged to re-work the scenery.

Bernhard

• Deputy Sheriffs

TBH, but Flylogic sucks:

- they call it P3Dv4 compatible

- they do not respond on emails

- the price is too high for the poor scenery quality they are delivering

This is a suisse product and so is the price :D

But relating to Buochs I can say that this scenery is really good and worth the price. But Flylogic cannot write on their website that this is a P3DV4 version. That is absoluty not correct and misleading.

I fear that their original developer have no more interest in converting their sceneries to P3DV4 and also have no interest in develop the remaining suisse sceneries  :(

Bernhard

Archived