Slow Download Experience for Aspen Update

Arni Arnason

I´ve just dl Aspen. The dl MUST be improved otherwhise at purchase comes inintersing. People give up waiting. I´ve been hours dl. the Aspen and that is not service in our speede interent connection. Do something aboot - NOW

• Deputy Sheriffs

The servers are provided by Amazon Web Services (AWS) and are totally outside the control of Aerosoft. Despite your experience, AWS is considered pretty much the gold standard for server hosting, and as such, Aerosoft isn't going to be able to improve the download experience by going with another vendor. Also, as you might know, download speeds are subject to many factors between the server and the customer's end.

Earlier this evening, I downloaded both 3 GB files needed for Mega Airport Brandenburg with the Orbx patch. On a lowly DSL connection, I had 1.7 MBS from the same server farm and each took something less than 30 minutes to download.

Finally, I changed the title of your post to more accurately portray your concern. It's servers, not this forum.

• Herman changed the title to Slow Download Experience for Aspen Update
  • Aerosoft

I checked the server logs, nothing special there (of course that would not be expected).

Arni, I suggest you aim your anger at your ISP because the issue is not the server but something between your computer and the server. Fully out of our control.

Archived