BergenX - Massive stuttering!

Arny Litheman

Hello,

it´s been already reported here and I have exactly the same problem:

In any aircraft and only on this airport without an obvious reason or relation to anything there...massive stutterings, also the sound interrupts. But no breakdown of the fps, I still have over 30 fps in the stuttering. Deactivating the SODE jetways didn´t help, the stuttering is definitly related to anything belonging to the scenery and reaches for at least about 20 nm...any idea what happens and how to solve it?

Just bought all the Norway airports already adapted for 4.2 from Jo Erlend Sund and already solved some other problems with it by looking around here, but for that I have no idea anymore?

It seemly happens (with any plane) preferable on the way to Runway 17, once short before of the area with the Norsk hangar and once again when turning from the taxiway to the takeoff position. There really seems to be too much data loaded at once and once overloaded this way it takes a long distance to normalize again? I keep watching this and let the system monitor run with it (CPU / GPU load) next time I repeat it.

I have an SSD and ORBX Norway, openLC Europe, Global Base, Vector and also their threes installed. Does anyone here have this combination and similar problems on and around BergenX?

• Aerosoft

I do have that combination and though it does create one hell of a load on my system it does not bring it to its knees. It does push it though. Looking at CPU and GPU memory it is clear that a LOT of stuff is loaded and using some debug tools show that the graphics engine of is stressed. The problem is that if it runs behind in calculations framerate do not not decline but drop. On my system I have seen up to 5 Gb of graphical memory being used. So if you have less then that it could explain it. 

Stacking add-on on top of add-on does come with a price.

Here is an overview (wideview spanned over two screens, click the picture if you only see the half of it) at the parking 48 in the Carenado C208 Cargo without further movements around, my config-settings and the monitored measurements CPU / GPU. My GTX1080 always has a load of almost 100%, but that should be better with this setting and surely causes the stutters. FPS is unlimited and >30.

Please login to display this image.

• Aerosoft

Well that illustrates pretty clearly what I said, you are running some components to max and when the sim gets behind on tasks you get stutters. No magical fixes, the only way out is to lower the things you ask the sim today. Now we could remove objects but it seems a lot more clever to let the user lower the settings. The effect wil be roughly the same

O.k., so I will try around with a little lower settings in p3d and also in ENVDIR, hopefully without much loss of the visible entertainment quality. So this thread can be read from others with the same problem and closed, thanks for your reply, Mathijs!

Archived