Honeycomb Products.

Daveebee

The release of the Alpha and Bravo controllers are due for release fairly soon now.I was wondering if Aerosoft,as the distributor for Europe will be opening a pre-order page ,as I live in Europe would like to order as soon as possible

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Still on their web site:

"We expect both products to launch in Q1 2018 but will provide more accurate information as we get closer to a release date."

@Mathijs,

I guess you have have the same information as we have, or can you disclose some more?

• 4 weeks later...

I think we'll have to wait until June 9, to have more news about these products at FlightSimExpo 2018 .

So.. what were they telling you? ^_^

16 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

First of all, it WILL come and it is badass, very very nicely 

Secondly, it will come 4th quarter.

Roger that Sir!

Helaas pindakaas, nog even wachten dus...

On 5/21/2018 at 6:11 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

I was hoping nobody would ask, lol.

First of all, it WILL come and it is badass, very very nicely 

Secondly, it will come 4th quarter.

Thanks for that info Mathijs. I'm surprised the release date has been put back from Q1 2018 to Q4 2018 without any real explanation as to why. I have read there was a certain amount of redesign and a change of some components to keep the price at $199. A lot of people wrote on Fly Honeycomb Facebook page imploring them not to compromise quality to keep to that price. I hope Nicki Repenning (CEO) has taken that on board.

I'm pretty sure people would not complain paying an extra $20-40 to keep the quality. The whole point of these units is to fill the gap between Saitek (cheap) and PFC (expensive) so it's important the quality is there.

• 5 months later...
9 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Not because we would not like to sell them, they are just not available yet.

We were both at the Lelystad show a couple of weeks ago and I visited the Aerosoft stand. It was very disappointing not to see the yoke connected to a sim or even have a desktop mounting. I had to ask someone to hold it down whilst I moved the elevator axis which was very stiff. And no indication of how it will be fixed to the desktop.

I was at Lelystad 12 months ago when Niki Repenning showed the 3D printed version. The progress in over a year is disappointing.

• Aerosoft

And I think I explained to you that we did not have the stick working just because of fact it was not working as it should and that it was a pre-production version exactly made to figure out these things. We now have better models that work more or less as expected.

I agree that the company probably underestimated the time it takes to go from a 3d printed version to full-scale production. But having seen all steps been taken I know they have always been working hard. We have been involved with hardware for a long time and we know all the many pitfalls there are. This is by no means something we would call especially late.

I understand it can be difficult making new hardware. It is the lack of any news from Honeycomb that is disappointing. Their Facebook page has not been updated for quite a while. And no representation by Honeycomb at either Cosford, England or Lelystad was also disappointing.

40 minutes ago, Fabian Boulegue said:

If i remember right we had some Honeycomb Hardware with us at these shows 😉 but as i wasnt there i m not 100% sure.

One yoke at Cosford and Lelystad. No sign of the throttle quadrant.

5 hours ago, Fabian Boulegue said:

No :-( we wont be able to ship them before Q1/Q2 2019 sorry

Roger that, pity.
Apparently Honeycomb has huge issues getting it right. It seems to be more then a year over due.
But it's out of Aerosoft's control/reach.

Archived