Hotfix 1.0.6

Just installed hotfix 1.0.6 and now I am getting errors trying to load plane-cannot find these files in "sounds" folder:

hydrpumpsint_start.wav

hydrpumpsint.wav

hydrpumpsint_stop.wav

hydrpumpsext_start.wav

hydrpumpsext.wav

hydrpumpsext_stop.wav

Having the same problem after installing HF 1.0.6; several other files are "missing" also. After the error messages, FSX-SE crashes.

Eric Dziura

Thanks Hans for the prompt response. And quite understood, loud and clear.

The issue however is that we - FSX users - can't run this 1.0.6.0 fix as we get a FATAL "Sound system error" (as MS Windows says) when it comes to loading the CRJ with the v1.0.6.0 fix. It appenrently calls for some sound files presumably located in the aerosoft\Digital Aviation CRJ\Sounds folder that just don't exist (e.g. TSS-Bumpx.wav (x=1 to 10), or AvioFan....wav, or...).

Are we missing something? Are we doing anything wrong?... we just can't use this v1.0.6.0 fix.

By the way, I'm still in my (long) testing process for this (brave and awaited) 1.0."whatever" update that should fix this damned LNAV issue. I still have a series of test flights to perform but so far, Hans, it looks pretty good. Thanks for your efforts under such a pressure.

Should you give a look at this sound error issue with the 1.0.6.0 hot fix (for FSX user, at leat  presumably)... much appreciated.

Tshüss,

Frank

I've not had this problem with the 1.0.6.0 hotfix installed over the last full version in FSX:SE.  Those sound files are all present in the ....FSX\aerosoft\Digital Aviation CRJ\Sounds folder.

Andy L

56 minutes ago, fmop17 said:

The issue however is that we - FSX users - can't run this 1.0.6.0 fix as we get a FATAL "Sound system error" (as MS Windows says) when it comes to loading the CRJ with the v1.0.6.0 fix.

Well, I am an FSX-SP2 user, and the CRJ 1.0.5.0 + 1.0.6.0 (FIX) works perfectly on my system (Win 7 x64) without the issue you mention.

I am not sure why people post saying "works fine for me"-it does not for me so I am looking for a solution and if you do not have one, I am not sure why you are replying.

Andy, ckovoor,

Confirmed. Works fine with my FSX+Acc platform, too (please, don't ask me why I got this issue before I posted this...post).

chasndav (and possibly others), would I recommend you to check whether you actually have 1) the latest v1.0.5.0 installed 2) after a clean and complete uninstall of any previous version?

Cheers,

Frank

3 hours ago, chasndav said:

I am not sure why people post saying "works fine for me"-it does not for me so I am looking for a solution and if you do not have one, I am not sure why you are replying.

The sounds that are missing should have been part of the 1.0.5 full installer, and having 1.0.5 installed first is a pre-requisite for the 1.0.6 patch.

It might be best to fully uninstall the CRJ from your system, then re-run the 1.0.5 installer (as administrator). That should add the new sounds. Then you can install the 1.0.6 patch.  

So I guess that when I bought and installed this aircraft the developer was not up to 1.0.5 on the download site so thus the problem (I was going from something older than 1.0.5. to 1.0.6).  Deleted from computer and re-downloaded (ver 1.0.5) and re-installed then applied 1.0.6 and all working fine.

I guess it pays to stay up to date on the hot fixes!!

• Aerosoft
17 hours ago, fmop17 said:

The issue however is that we - FSX users - can't run this 1.0.6.0 fix as we get a FATAL "Sound system error" (as MS Windows says) when it comes to loading the CRJ with the v1.0.6.0 fix.

That is simply not true, fmop17, and  a rather damaging comments to our sales.  We have thousands of customers on that OS who use the product.
And we guarantee you that when you would wipe your disk, install the OS and sim from scratch it will work. There is an issue on your system, almost certainly with the software driving your sound. Could be drivers, could be DirectSound, could even be other things. 

What it is not is a problem with the product. Please do not make these sweeping statements again.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

That is simply not true, fmop17, and  a rather damaging comments to our sales.  We have thousands of customers on that OS who use the product.
And we guarantee you that when you would wipe your disk, install the OS and sim from scratch it will work. There is an issue on your system, almost certainly with the software driving your sound. Could be drivers, could be DirectSound, could even be other things. 

What it is not is a problem with the product. Please do not make these sweeping statements again.

Dear Mathijs,

I totally agree with you, that is simply not true. And this basically is what I tried to clarify in the second post I've issued right after I went aware of it (see 5 posts behind).

When I look at your reaction and at the hell of downvotes that I got for this post, there obviously is a misunderstanding. I did'nt want to offend anyone, nor to criticized anything. Should I looked so, though, please accept my apology.

I'm very careful in maintaining my system and my sim in good condition. And they do work really stable and fine. What happened is, I stupidly installed the 1.0.6.0 fix on top of a version which I mistakenly thought was the 1.0.5.0. But it appeared this was not the right version. My mistake. I carefully uninstalled this "faulty" version, carefully installed the "true" 1.0.5.0, then the 1.0.6.0 fix on top of it and everything went back OK. This basically is what I recommended to chasndav to do in my second - supposedly corrective - post; he apparently did so and fixed that "non issue", too. As simple as this.

Now for the words to Hans in the same post, this was supposed to be a straight, plain compliment. I am one of those guys who have had terrible LNAV issues with previous versions. Until that one, v1.0.5.0, which so far has been and is working fine on my system. Would I congratulate and thank again Hans for the determination in his work and the resistance to the strong pressure we have been quite a number to put on him?

Yes Mathijs, I'll be much more careful next time and think twice before posting what happened to be a wrong and sweeping statement. My mistake.

With best regards,

Frank

Archived