Mk F.53 : how to get for those who bought on other sites?

Fulvio_61

Perhaps providing an email address to send proof of purchase, and when verified receive the link where to download the new model.

Anyone ... maybe Dave?

18 minutes ago, Fulvio_61 said:

Perhaps providing an email address to send proof of purchase, and when verified receive the link where to download the new model.

Anyone ... maybe Dave?

Sorry Fulvio  , I have nothing to do with promotion or sales  so I can't give any help with this , I believe Aerosoft are discussing today a better way to market it , but it will inevitably take time to filter down to other outlets.

Dave R

• Deputy Sheriffs

The usual process is that after Aerosoft completes the installer for the new version, they send it to the shops they contract with. It's up to that shop to then post it on their system to be available for you. The shop you bought it from (and that has your money) is the party responsible for getting the update to you. That said, you can register Aerosoft products purchased elsewhere in the update site and get a copy that way.

[Edit: link to https://support.aerosoft.com/pages/login added.]

Hello Herman, thanks for the reply.
I followed your advice, trying to register the product on the update site but unfortunately the Lightning is not on the list.
I agree that the shop I bought it from has my money, but a part of it has had them also Aerosoft, as owner of the product.

I believe that the process of transferring the file and making it available could last for days ... maybe the solution that I proposed is much quicker and safer for those like me who made the purchase elsewhere.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Fulvio_61, you could try that at support@aerosoft.com. Please be aware that the formal support site at that address is Monday-Friday during business hours in Germany, so I wouldn't anticipate a response before Monday. Please do reply when you get access just so we know what works.

I received the answer from the Aerosoft support:

Hello Sir,
you have to contact the seller (Pc Aviator).
We are unable to send you the download.

I will therefore have to trust in the seriousness of the retailer. However, I do not agree with this method. I believe the PC Aviator reseller paid a fee to Aerosoft to resell this product.
So, considering that Aerosoft has also received part of my money, why not make the update available to those who can show proof of purchase?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Not quite. The contract of sale is between you and PC Aviator. Aerosoft is out of the picture since PC Aviator bought the licenses for the individual re-sales, along with the obligation to service those they sold. Aerosoft doesn't have any of your money, only PC Aviator's. Take a look at this post for further insight into what should be their responsibility along with Aerosoft's.

I wish I had better news for you. I do hope PC Aviator will do right by you.

I have many products from PC Aviator and Aerosoft.  I've learned over the years that it's better to purchase a product directly from the "developer" as compared to a "distributor" for the issues being discussed in this thread.

Saying that, I would recommend contacting PC Aviator directly.  They seem to update their download products on weekends or when they get around to it, implying they have limited time to stay on top of product changes or updates like the F.53.  They are pretty good at e-mailing notices when products are updated, its just that they seem to lag behind other "distributors" in their update process.

--WH

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived