Error using Szenerie Configurator BER

guenseli

Hello,

thanks for the new BER Version!

However I get an error when using the Scenery Configurator.

Please login to display this image.

After pressing "ok" i get the other ones with

EDDB_ASL-Vor-BER

EDDB_OBJ-3DGrass

EDDB_OBJ-Bridges

(I missed one as I pressed accidently Enter)

EDDB_OBJ-Ground-BER

EDDB_OBJ-Ground-SXF

... and some more. Give up now to write them all down

Here are my Configurations:

When I re-open the Configurator and make my settings I do not get any error reportings.

When I then re-open the Configurator again, there are different settings:

I have installed first the normal P3Dv4 BER package and the FTX GEN North Patch I downloaded together with the normal BER.

Here is a list of the files inside F:\Prepar3D v4\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\Mega Airport Berlin Brandenburg Professional\scenery

many thanks

Günter

Oh Aerosoft ....

The configurator is actually DELETING files.

This is how it looks after a fresh installation, NOT using the configurator:

So, tame your configurator and invest a little bit in quality control and beta testing ;)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well at least for us beta tester I can say, that everything works perfect, so I guess for whatever reason the wrong installer might have been uploaded :rolleyes:

I already downloaded the 2 x 3 GB, but obviously I'd better wait with installation-...?

Kind regards, Michael

I've just reinstalled it, it works fine if you don't touch anything in the configurator, as seen above, it appears to delete files rather than turn them off. 

2 minutes ago, pmb said:

I already downloaded the 2 x 3 GB, but obviously I'd better wait with installation-...?

Kind regards, Michael

You can install it, however better don't use the configurator at this time Michael.

We're investigating this, and I'm doing my best to get a fix quickly, however since office hours are just about over here in Germany I'm afraid it might take a bit until we can provide a fix.
I'm doing my best to reach somebody to get you the correct configurator.

If you know, what you're doing you can also change the *.off and *.bgl-files manually. I can't wait to see my hometown airport in P3D, so I'm ignoring the configurator.

You can install it and - as others said - don't touch the configurator. Just close it with the "X" on upper right.

Then go to Prepar3D v4\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\Mega Airport Berlin Brandenburg Professional\scenery and rename the files which are XY.bgl and have the same name below like XY.off as you like.

In this way, you will not have it 100% correct maybe, but a first test on my side shows no drastic errors. maybe just a wrong apron traffic. But you can use the scenery and enjoy the good performance in P3D v4.

Then, sleep and wait till tomorrow and hope that we get a less agressive configurator :lol:

vor 1 minute, Kostis Pap sagte:

yes but we cannot fly to Schoenefeld.What a pity

You can... just wait a day ;)

If you live in Berlin, you learn to wait ... :lol:

• Developer

Sorry for that stupid issue, but it was a small "exit" instead of "END" what result in the PopUp "All changes will be ignored! Save changes before Exit?" asking, which should only come when the X and not the save button ist pressed.

When then YES was pressed, the Save runs again, but with the wrong result.

Here the corrected Config Tool. When you have the situation with the missing Files

1.) Install the Addon again, but press "X" direct when the Tool opens when the install is done.

2.) Then replace the EDDBConfig.EXE with that one in the ZIP below.

If the files are ok, just replace the Tool.

Then it should work correct as it should.

Small diffenence, big result. Sorry for that. I hope we get the Installer changed soon.

• Developer
5 minutes ago, Ifikratis said:

Hello and thanks for the quick fix. Is it going to be an updated version soon? I ask because I would prefer to install a corrected version.

I hope, but the officetime of Aerosoft is over, so it could need time until tomorrow morning MET. I will post here, when I get the info that the installer is corrected.

But when you install as I explain it above, you get the correct situation for now. As long as you don't click any checkbox after the Tool pop's up while the install and just exit it, nothing will happen with the files.

• Developer
1 hour ago, guenseli said:

So, tame your configurator and invest a little bit in quality control and beta testing ;)

The Beta Testers made a good job! But after your request in the this Thread here to make the Window movable, I must change the Exit procedure in the last minute, an oversee a small part.

So what we learn: Never change a runing system in the last minute to make anybody happy B)

• OPabst pinned this topic
vor 10 Minuten, OPabst sagte:

But after your request in the this Thread here to make the Window movable

Ha ha, ok, I feel very guilty! :lol: ;)

vor 11 Minuten, OPabst sagte:

The Beta Tester made a good job!

Only one? And no, otherwise he has been nagging about the non-moving window ;)

Just kidding...

Thanks for the quick fix, Oliver!!!

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, guenseli said:

Only one? And no, otherwise he has been nagging about the non-moving window ;)

Of course there were more then one, but TBH I myself had never the Idea to check whether the Window can be moved. But from now on this will be another point to check in the next test. ;)

• OPabst unpinned this topic

Archived