Double Jetways UK2000 EGLL V3

Good evening,

I recently updated UK2000 Scenery EGLL Extreme to the latest update V3.3. I have noticed that at Terminal 5, the Satellite B pier on one side has 3 jetways at some of the stands. These are not A380 stands as one of the jetways is a static jetway that doesn't seem to be removed after activating AES. With previous versions of UK2000 EGLL Extreme, I don't recall seeing the static jetway still there, in other words, AES had removed the static jetway allowing AES to function properly and have 2 jetways. The rest of EGLL is just fine, its only this one area that seem to still show the static jetway.

I have attached a screenshot so that you can see what I mean.

I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards

Gavin Moss

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Have you checked with the UK2000 support site to see if this is caused at their end, since this cropped up with their latest change which suggests AES didn't put the extra jetway there? It's also possible this latest change to EGLL might be in conflict with AES, which was last updated in January 2017. Your feedback on whether the other gates work as expected would be appreciated. 

Hi Herman,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I have been in conversation with UK2000 on their support forum for a number of days. At first they said they were A380 gates which I had to correct them and point out the problem. After numerous discussions, they have said that it isn't a problem their side hence why I have now posted here.

I did try to rectify by uninstalling and reinstalling EGLL V3.1 first and trying without their latest update V3.12 but problem was still there so then did the update V3.12 and still there also. V3.1 is the earliest update that I can download from my orders there.

The rest of the gates at EGLL are absolutely fine and work fine, the problem seems to be just that one side of that satellite terminal. Maybe I should try uninstalling AES and reinstalling, what do you think?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Gavin Moss

• Deputy Sheriffs

I don't believe you can uninstall AES per se. It's not on the Programs and Features control panel, so you'd have to try a work-around. No guarantees on this, but you could try unchecking the AES entry in the Scenery menu followed by moving the AES folder to some temporary place outside your FSX folder. Then reboot and see if AES is indeed inactive. I would save opening the AES control panel last in case doing so breaks something. All this give you the best chance to reverse the process if necessary. If you decide to go this route, I strongly urge you to give this a few more days in case someone drops in on this thread with better (or maybe safer) ideas.  

Based on the responses you received from UK2000, it still seems to me the best bet is that it's somewhere there. Any way you could get another user who doesn't have AES to see what that terminal looks like? Looking at Google Earth, it almost seems like they picked up the A380 type gates from the C terminal on the same side. Odd.

Hi Herman,

I have tried with unchecking AES and the scenery is as it should be developed by UK2000 Scnery, showing 2 jetways and looking on Google Earth, it looks the same.

The problem being is that when AES is installed, it adds 2 moveable jetways that do work and the static one that doesn't move that should be removed from the scenery but is not removed. I have attached 2 screenshots showing EGLL without AES and with.

Kind regards

Gavin Moss

• Deputy Sheriffs

I don't have the UK200 Heathrow scenery (I went with the SimWings/Aerosoft one), so I can't do any more testing than you've already related. Thanks, though, for your very helpful testing to date. I'm not aware of a similar issue between AES and other airports, but what you've done does seem to point to AES. To help Oliver with his troubleshooting when he's able to get back to AES, what did you do to deactivate AES? 

Hello;

Do you have My Traffic installed,I had the same problem at several airports,had to disable the afcad file in My Traffic for the airport.

Hi Herman,

I tried both ways of deactivating AES, first unchecking EGLL in the AES control panel and starting FS9, second I unchecked the AES folder in the scenery library and deleted the AES folder in FS9.

Also in relation to any afcad, I have Ultimate Traffic but I do ensure that every time I install a new airport, I delete the Ultimate Traffic afcad located in the Addon Scenery/scenery folder. I also use scanafd to make sure.

Kind regards

Gavin Moss

Archived