March's ScreenShot Contest - Winter Ops!!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Spring is almost here....well maybe.  This winter certainly has been one of interest, from bone-biting cold weather to endless amounts of snow being dumped on cities, some of which are not even accustomed to seeing snow or experiencing cold temperatures.  So this month I thought it fitting to have a "Winter Ops" theme.    Along with your image give a brief description of what is going on in the scene.

Below I have provided two examples, but with creativity, the options are endless as winter ops can include a multitude of things.  Depending on well this format is received this could be an occasional thing which may help to make the competitions more interesting.

Example 1 - single shot with an explanation/brief description

Early morning departure!  Moderate freezing rain overnight, snow and ice covered Q400, making sure that the deicing crew adhere to the Clean Aircraft Concept

Please login to display this image.

Example 2 - multiple shots (3 MAX) with a short storyline
Short Final into KMSP, just after runways were reopened for snow removal......Braking action is being reported as Medium

Rolling out, the braking action seems closer to Medium to Poor

2 in reverse causing FOD upset

Users are allowed to change their posted image up until the time frame allowing you to do so expires.  If you fail to post an image based on the theme of the month, it is very likely that the image will not be considered during "judgment day".  As Always   - All participants are ONLY allowed 1 image.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!

• Deputy Sheriffs
11 hours ago, edetroit said:

Excellent set Kroswynd! I am very envious of your Maddog.....right up my street! :wub:

Thanks, Ed,  I must say being able to finally fly this bird in P3Dv4.x has been a blessing in disguise.  Just waiting for us to make the Q300  version for P3Dv4.x and FS9.1 will be removed will be officially removed, although she is still a robust platform....long live FS9  :D

Taking off from secret ice runway during Cold War training during years of 1950s showing FSX generated ice lake (please click on the screenshot to get sharper view of the screenshot)

Taxiing at Amsterdam, we are on time.

We took off at scheduled time, cya Amsterdam :)

A great sun rising above Pakistan, 1 hour before our descent to Delhi

11 hours ago, Aharon said:

Moderator:   I cannot change my post so please delete my previous post above and here is my winter entry:

WTF! Your previous post was on the 10th March. You get one chance to post. If you then come up with a better one later you cannot then swap it.

Perhaps it's best to wait until the end of the month to post so to be sure you have your best entry. B)

6 hours ago, edetroit said:

WTF! Your previous post was on the 10th March. You get one chance to post. If you then come up with a better one later you cannot then swap it.

Wrong 

Read the screenshot contest rules: Users are allowed to change their posted image up until the time frame allowing you to do so expires.

When the time frame expires, I assume it means March 31 deadline.

1 hour ago, Aharon said:

You assume incorrectly. The time frame is approx 1 hour after you post. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 hours ago, Aharon said:

Wrong 

Read the screenshot contest rules: Users are allowed to change their posted image up until the time frame allowing you to do so expires.

Hello Aharon,

This was a hearty discussion a few months back which led to the final decision of allowing users to change their images within the expiration time of the image being locked as a final entry (which is usually within about an hour of the original post).  Allowing users to change images up the deadline date would be a very unfair process as it would allow for one to change their image after other entries that could stand a better chance of winning are viewed by the user.   Apologies if I may have misled you.

I will remove the last post that was entered since it was several days after your original post.

Cheers

Kroswynd,

Not a problem.  No need to apologize.  I never knew there was one hour limit for changing screenshots. Thanks for clarification and explanation of "time frame".  When I read time frame expires, I thought it means last day of the month.  LOL

Regards,

Aharon

Hi everbody,

I make a trip along norway's coast line to bring a necessary X-ray apparatus to Hammerfest. My first flight brought me from Stavanger to Trondheim, it was a hard one, after takeoff the weather changed and I flew into a heavy snowstorm...

...I had to go around two times...

...but after a safe land I picked up the X-ray apparatus with a short delay. Now it's time to start the engines again, luckily the weather changed. ;)

Next stop is Bodo.

Good luck too all! :lol:

Elly,

Thanks for useful easy guide map pointing out the specific hanger to me.  Will look for it in my scenery.

Regards.

Aharon

Nothing stops raw behemoth  "The Mighty RUSLAN" creating its own weather! :)

The epic quality Mr.edetroit touch to this old model gives it a new lease of life!! #Fs9er

All the Best to All Members.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Aviator_86

• kroswynd unpinned and pinned this topic
  • Deputy Sheriffs
On 3/12/2018 at 9:26 AM, edetroit said:

Perfect camouflage for the departure of Cavok Air An-12. B) If you would like to see the full flight Montreal (YUL) to Keflavik (KEF) check here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4WdkKFoJOc

Congratulations to Captain Picasso on winning March's screenshot contest - which truly captured the theme of "Winter Ops".

Email to follow shortly.

Archived