P3D 4.2 Dynamic Lighting

I get a performance hit no matter what addon plane I use. I was wondering if their is an option to get taxi/landing lights to show up with dynamic lighting off? The new update is great but just need to see where I'm going at night. 

Ok no problem. I'm just curious if it's difficult to put legacy lights into the model. Some people say on avsim they get a performance hit some don't. I hope LM optimizes it. I experimented with settings and it doesn't make a difference. 

It is again a lot about the settings and the expectations we have. I simply use the graphic presets option to have reasonable FPS when flying in dusk/dawn or night time: I have a graphic preset called "Day Max" using pretty high settings and shadows enabled for almost everything providing me good FPS in daytime and during dusk/dawn and night, I use a preset called "Night Low" where I turned down shadow drawing distance and dynamic reflections, 4xMSAA instead of 4xSSAA and pretty much all shadow drawing settings unticked (no need for building shadows in night time flying, no?). Like this, I almost get the same FPS when sitting around a bigger airport (e.g. EDDF) in night time and yet the visual difference is almost deniable...

BTW: I use one of those "$1000 graphic cards" and the DL performance is still horrible. Only possible improvement would be another of those graphic cards, but SLI is also not properly supported. And I doubt that the DL performance would be much better on professional GPUs such as the Quadro series or the Titan V by nVidia...

Archived