Pressurization Problems V1.0.5.0

av8r172

With new CRJ update 1.0.5.0 I can't get the plane to properly pressurize. Coming through FL250, I get a "Diff Press" warning. Delta P is 9 and the cabin altitude is 700 feet at FL250. The packs are on, and all of the bleeds are auto/normal. All doors are closed. Running P3D v4.2.

One interesting thing to note--I don't know if it helps. When I load any panel state, the pack buttons are not depressed in the on position. They are not illuminated off, and the packs sounds are present, but I manually have to reset both of them so they are in the correct position and on.

I believe I have found the root the issue:

I can get the cabin to climb and keep up with the aircraft if using normal time compression. However, if I use 4x or 8x time compression, the cabin pressure will not keep up with the aircraft. In other words, the cabin is reacting to pressure changes as if time compression is set to 1x, though the aircraft is climbing at 4x or 8x. Doesn't really affect the usability of a product, just more of a nuisance as someone who uses time compression to complete more flights.

• Developer

Thanks for the explanation. I will rework the controller so it can cope with x4 and hopefully also x8, but that requires a few days of testing time, so it won't make the upcoming hotfix.

Hans,

I had this issue at 31000ft last night and was wondering if there's a fix?

I was very impressed with the latest update. I have a couple of question, but I'll start a new thread for those.

Thanks.

• Developer

I'm still testing. This is very time consuming as I need to do the full climb and/or descent for every test (30 minutes testing, 1 minute programming, 30 minutes testing,.....)

To give more detail. Following the update, I made 8 trouble free flights. On my 9th flight, I got the DIFF PRESS alarm after approximately 2 hours at FL220. I have made 3 further flights and each time the alarm sounds on the initial climb at or about FL230.

I've had issues with the high differential pressure as well after updating to 1.0.6.  I'm not sure if it's related or relevant, but I also noticed that I was unable to change the landing altitude setting at the beginning of the flight.  Some time later on, after fiddling with the various ECS options, I seemed to be able to change it.  I think I was able to change that in previous versions?

Edit: Oh actually nvm, I see another topic that discusses the landing elevation specifically

)

• 1 month later...

I have flown two flights in a row with this problem.  I receive the Diff Press warning at about 20k altitude when climbing to cruise altitude. Packs were on. I was using ActiveSky if that matters.  P3D 4.2,

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived