AES: Latest Version of Gatwick can't be activated!

Hello,

I just purchased the "UK2000 Gatwick Xtreme" package, which is part of the AES airport list. Problem is that the scenery has been released in version V4 (since September 2017), while AES offers support for V3.x (new version not explicitly mentioned). The button to assign credits remains greyed out, and a message box tells me the scenery "... V3 or above" wouldn't be active - but it definitely is! Any hints or ideas from you experts????

Btw I'm running AESHELP 2.45a.

Thank you

Michael

• Deputy Sheriffs

The last update for AES was indeed for version 2.45a which you're using. As you can see from this link, the latest version of UK2000 Gatwick xtreme is version 3.01, not 3.x. Since you have a later version, that's why the button to assign credits is greyed out. That it appears in the AES Help list simply shows AES is aware some version of the airport is installed, not that it's available for activation. When the dialog states "...V3 or above:" won't be active, it's referring to AES, not the scenery being active in your sim.

As you might know, AES has not been updated past 2.45a since January 2017, so it's no surprise that a scenery released around 8 or 9 months later isn't supported. The sole developer, Oliver Pabst is busy full time updating scenery and P3Dv4 installers for Aerosoft and at this point, doesn't know when he'll be able to get back to AES. Once he does, there's a pretty good backlog of updates for everything released since the January 2017 update.

BTW, please don't double post. If you did so to attract attention to your request, please be aware that especially on weekends, most replies to posts are by volunteers like myself that share knowledge with other users. I locked your earlier post so there's just one place for you and others to see about this issue. ;)

Thank you Herman, and excuse the double posting. It wasn't for attention but my earlier (identical) post seemed to be posted in the wrong place when I found out about the AES support section here.

Regarding activation of the later airport version it seems I will have to wait. Thank you though.

• Deputy Sheriffs

We occasionally see unintended double posts, so no worries there. When Oliver is able to get back to AES, I think we'll hear a collective sigh of relief around the world, or at least the sim world. His many talents are just needed elsewhere for now. We do appreciate your patience and understanding.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived