ENG Stop doesn't work P3D4.2

Latest version of CRJ and P3D. After land and correct checklist. On APU ENG stop button doesn't work. Can't stop engine ;-)
LNAV issue - correct fix.

• Developer

The STOP buttons stop the engine startup process (for example in case of a fire or hot start), they don't stop the engines. That's done with the fuel cutoff levers on the throttle quadrant.

• 3 weeks later...

To be honest, no other customer encounters such an issue it seems.

Could you make a video please and show us the video of the issue? We really need to see what you see to be able to give you some feedback on this.

I once had this issue but was induced by myself by mistakenly pressing the START button instead of cutting the fuel.

What happened: I just arrived at my GATE and wanted to shut down the engines. Instead of cutting the fuel only, I mistankenly pressed the START button of one engine. After this mistake I was unable to shut down that particular engine neither cuting the fuel nor pressing the STOP button. If I remember corectly the engine spool up sound was also looping endlessly.

It might be that @jodle is pressing START instead of STOP by mistake.

From the Tutorial, page 2-1-80:

4. THRUST LEVERS ................................................................................ SHUT OFF

Lower Pedestals

Set the thrust levers to the shut off detent – use the right mouse button to unlock the lock switches and then shut off the engines by moving the throttle lever to the shut off position.

It works, except you have to use the LEFT mouse button to unlock the lock switches, then left mouse button to lower the throttle(s) to shut-off position while the lock switches are still unlocked (ie: up.) You've got less than 3 seconds so be quick.                                     

Dear @Mathijs Kok and @JerryJet,

I know how it works since I've done it a dozen of times!

I have wrote that I had one time I could not shut down one engine because I pressed by mistake the START switch instead of cutting the fuel! In this one ocasion the engine remained on regardless of what I did with the fuel.

For none believers here a Video that shows MY MISTAKE!!!

40 minutes ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

I know how it works since I've done it a dozen of times!

My reply was aimed at the OP. And also to show that the Tutorial is wrong.

Archived