VC Tablet: Weights & Fuel Reset

Hi,

I have V1.05 installed, and the update is appreciated.

I find that I cannot enter passenger, cargo, or fuel values in the tablet any longer, for they keep resetting.(must now use the CRJ's Manager utility; x64).

Fabio

• Developer

A first test resulted in no problems here. Did you have the engines or APU running when you tried? Because those can theoretically influence the fuel numbers.

APU yes, though I had no issues with prior iterations.

If I change the values in "Dave", they simply pop back to where they were after a second or two.

Same problem here, thanks for looking into a solution. One question: would it be possible to get external power without the generator noise? A generator is normally not used when you are at a gate, and the noise is really disturbing on Vatsim.

Thanks,

Peter

vor 9 Stunden , qqwertzde sagte:

Same problem here, thanks for looking into a solution. One question: would it be possible to get external power without the generator noise? A generator is normally not used when you are at a gate, and the noise is really disturbing on Vatsim.

Thanks,

Peter

Hi Peter,

did you look into the CRJ Manager? There is a slider to tune the soundlevel.

5 hours ago, ritzi said:

Hi Peter,

did you look into the CRJ Manager? 

Hi Sven,

no, why would I? :P

Thanks for pointing that out to me. I was so used to Dave that I completely forgot that the manager can also be used to set other options...

Just did a flight on Vatsim, the volume is much better now.

Peter

Is this manager issue fixed yet? The numbers are still reverting back to default when I Click on "Set Fuel & Payload In FS" I can't even manually change the numbers in FSX.

OK I did retry the manual route to change the fuel load in the FSX menu. It seemed to work, but I did not carry out the flight so not sure how this change holds up. But it does seem that the Load Manager still needs to be fixed.

What the heck is that flashing yellow  "set payload and fuel". I manually set the payload and fuel thew flashing stops and I press "set payload and fuel" and it again reverts back to default 19725 Fuel load in lbs. The Load manager and DAVE are totally useless for me anyway. This is so frustrating and disappointing that I cannot even manually enter the load information in FSX. If I do, DAVE does not accept it and changes the FSX load data back to default. At least give us the option to load the aircraft either manually or by using the Load Manager, if it works, which I doesn't in my case. I hope I'm not looking at another 6-8 week wait to get this fixed, if that is even possible. Such a waste of time setting up a flight with this product, only to have the load manager do me in. Is there a way to do a flight without the use of this load manager or am I Forced to fly with a FULL (default) tank of fuel every time? Please let me know because I do not know of one. We should not have to do work arounds either, to cover for these inefficiencies. That is totally unacceptable. PLEASE FIX IT! At least give me the ability to manually load this aircraft through FSX, otherwise it is unflyable for me. Who wants to go with a Max load every flight. Highly unrealistic. I'm done with this aircraft for now, with the hope that aerosoft can eventually get it right.

BUMPITY BUMP BUMP! Just wondering if Hans is working on a fix for this issue. I rolled back to v1.0.5, as I had applied the hotfix previously. I wanted to see if the hotfix was the culprit. Not to be. I still have the same problem where I cannot either manually enter the Loads nor do the same using the CRJ Manager.  I cannot believe that Loading is such an issue at this point, when it was not in previous versions. Have a good weekend

• Developer

I tried, and tried again, and I see no issue. The numbers change to what I select and then I have 120 seconds (after the last change) to click the Set Payload & Fuel button (thus the yellow text - to remind you that you didn't set it yet). But as usual, I only tried in P3D v4.2. I'll give it a go with FSX again...

I appreciate that. Thanks for your help. I get an unfavourable result though, when I click the Set Payload & Fuel button while the yellow text is visible. Before v 1.0.5 I had no problems with the Load manager. Maybe I am mistaken, but every time a new updated version comes out more problems crop up with an aspect of the sim that worked OK before the update (seems that way to me anyway). It's a shame I am that close to being able to do a flight with this sim, but I cannot because who wants to fly with a FULL Load. Remember as well, I do not have the hotfix 1.0.6 applied. But rolling back to an earlier version so I can use the the sim is not an option for me at this time. It does not fix my problem at this time. Here's what concerns me though, your quote: " But as usual, I only tried in P3D v4.2". Quite frankly, I get the feeling Aerosoft maybe does not give, shall we say,  enough love & support for FSX products anymore. In a way I do understand that, because in the near future I plan on upgrading to P3dv4 and maybe I won't have these problems.

Regards

I believe I have figured out my problem with the Load Manager. My flight was to Depart CYYJ (Victoria) which is a freeware airport I installed a while ago. I had the CRJ parked close to a fuel station and I am sure that is what causes the fuel to default to full even when I changed the fuel amount either in FSX or through DAVE. I think FSX automatically fills aircraft fuel tanks if they are a certain distance from the fuel station. This seemed to happen irregardless of what gate I was parked at unless I was a great distance away from the fuel station. Anyway while parked at a different airport, payware Simmaddons CYXS I tried loading the CRJ using the Load manager and it worked OK. So the problem is, with FSX, at some airports the fueling station area can cause the fuel load to change. But, I found there is still a problem with the values reported on the CRJ Load manager vs. DAVE \ FSX. Here are the values I had (LBS.):

ZFW:               DAVE & FSX:  55,180    LOAD MGR.: 54,212

FUEL:              DAVE & FSX:  9,604      LOAD MGR.: 9,604  (OK-SAME)

TOW:               DAVE & FSX:  64,736    LOAD MGR.: 63,819

CARGO:          DAVE & FSX:  430         LOAD MGR.: 2,250  (FWD & AFT)

PAX & CREW:  DAVE & FSX:  9,999      LOAD MGR.: 7,225

PAX #:              DAVE: 50                       LOAD MGR.: 35

My conclusion, other than the "value" discrepencies between the Load Manager and DAVE shown above, is that the Payload and Fuel Management System works for me after all, if not for this occasional flaw in FSX. I apologize for any undo concern this may have caused.

Regards

• 5 weeks later...

Archived