A strange problem with Lightning F6 at 60% fuel...

Fulvio_61

...the engines flames out. There is no way to relight, only bringing the fuel up to 60% using "Fuel and Payload" they start to work again. 

This only happens with the variant F6, not with the others. I use P3D v3.3.

I wonder why . :)

Thanks,

Fulvio.

Hi Fulvio

It sounds like the fuel tanks are not switching when they should , although I don't know why that should be !

which model of the F6, or is it all of them . What are your tank gauges reading when you flame out ?

DR

Hello Dave,
you have hit the target, the problem is that. But I can only transfer the fuel between the wings tanks .... in the fuel situation as seen in the screenshot the engines stopped because the fuel in the two wings tanks is finished: but how can I select the other tanks, considered that does not happen automatically?

Please login to display this image.

The fuel should automatically flow from first the overwings, next the ventral then flaps and finally wings .... your overwings and ventral are still full .

Do you have the problem if you use a model without overwing tanks ?

The fuel logic is hard coded in the mdl so shouldn't ever go wrong, are you doing a normal start with the fuel tanks full ? and what fuel state is your default saved flight .

DR

The problem was exactly the saved flight.
Starting with the P3D default flight, everything is back to normal with full tanks at take off. 

Even the sequence overwings, ventral, flaps then wings is now correct.
Thank you,

Fulvio.

• 11 months later...

I've noticed a similar occurrence with the T-55.  This doesn't always happen, but once the ventral tank is dry the aircraft won't switch to the wing tanks and then fuel is cut-off.  I've found this happens more often at a higher throttle setting (usually in afterburner).   I've never had this happen while flying the T-5 models.  All the patched files for the panel and sound are installed and I'm running P3D4.4.

Jonathan

10 hours ago, JMFisher725 said:

I've noticed a similar occurrence with the T-55.  This doesn't always happen, but once the ventral tank is dry the aircraft won't switch to the wing tanks and then fuel is cut-off.  I've found this happens more often at a higher throttle setting (usually in afterburner).   I've never had this happen while flying the T-5 models.  All the patched files for the panel and sound are installed and I'm running P3D4.4.

Jonathan

Hi  Jonathan

The code for the T-55 is the same as the F6 (same tank)  and so is slightly different  to the T5 which uses the F3 tank.

I suppose it is possible that the fuel consumption in R/H is beating the change over lag  , but I put in an overlap to cater for this , so it shouldn't ..

It is possible your saved flight could be telling the system there is no other fuel available...…. that fixed Fulvios problem (above0.

Cheers

Dave R

12 hours ago, wingman5 said:

Hi  Jonathan

The code for the T-55 is the same as the F6 (same tank)  and so is slightly different  to the T5 which uses the F3 tank.

I suppose it is possible that the fuel consumption in R/H is beating the change over lag  , but I put in an overlap to cater for this , so it shouldn't ..

It is possible your saved flight could be telling the system there is no other fuel available...…. that fixed Fulvios problem (above0.

Cheers

Dave R

The default saved flight is the F-22 and it starts with 100% fuel when I run the flight.  Is there something I should do differently such as saving the lightning as the default flight with 100% fuel?  

Thanks,

Jonathan

1 hour ago, JMFisher725 said:

The default saved flight is the F-22 and it starts with 100% fuel when I run the flight.  Is there something I should do differently such as saving the lightning as the default flight with 100% fuel?  

Thanks,

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan

It's just trial and error  really , but I have a lightning as default and do not have the problem .

Dave

5 hours ago, wingman5 said:

Hi Jonathan

It's just trial and error  really , but I have a lightning as default and do not have the problem .

Dave

Sounds good, thank you.

Jonathan

Archived