Autoland not descending

adamf7777

Whenever I try to autoland the aircraft, which I was able to do successfully until recently, the aircraft doesn't complete the final descent. For instance, it will capture the ILS localiser and begin descending to 2000 ft. It will not go below 2000 feet if that is displayed on the autopilot panel despite being disengaged. I always ensure I capture the

I'm not sure if this is a linked problem but the whenever the go around is set to the correct altitude, e.g. 3000ft for EGAC without being activated, it is not recognising this and the checklist keeps calling out "go-around altitude" on the checklist.

This problems are very frustrating whenever they ruin a flight. This frustration is further enhanced by the fact a flight cannot be saved and loaded whilst maintaining the flight plan which it was saved with. Disappointing that payware from a reputable company cannot fulfill this essential task.

Adam

• Deputy Sheriffs
48 minutes ago, adamf7777 said:

which I was able to do successfully until recently

So the questions is what has been changed on your system. Or other reason, you simply missed an important step.

Try to fly the Tutorial flight again exactly following each step, to find out whether you missed something or the problem lies elsewhere.

14 hours ago, mopperle said:

So the questions is what has been changed on your system. Or other reason, you simply missed an important step.

Try to fly the Tutorial flight again exactly following each step, to find out whether you missed something or the problem lies elsewhere.

Hi,

Nothing has changed on my system with the exception of me deleting and reinstalling the A320 pack to see if that would solve the issue. I have tried completing the landing with the manual beside me. It seemed to work fine until 2000ft when it stopped descending on the ILS. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

TBH, went it worked before, then there is no reason why it should suddenly stop working, other then something has changed on your system (can also happen with a Windows Update.).

Maybe it helps to do a clean reinstall of the Airbus exactly following this guideline

Hi,

Managed to do my first successful ILS landing in around 8 flights. I believe the issue may have been that I was above the GS whenever I should have been intercepting it. My successful landing was at EGLL. I deleted the last waypoint before the GS was reached and this allowed me to be at 2500ft. 

Is there any method to ensuring the aircraft always follows the correct descent and isn't above it?

Thanks

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 minutes ago, adamf7777 said:

Is there any method to ensuring the aircraft always follows the correct descent and isn't above it?

You have to study the approach charts to know the altitudes that are required for you to reach at different points of the approach.

If during the approach you then figure that the autopilot is not getting you there (maybe due to weather conditions) you have to take action as pilot and get your bus manually there.

I'm familiar with the approach altitudes etc just not sure as to the best way to override the plane's descent. Would the best way to take manual control of the descent rate using the autopilot panel whilst allowing the plane to track its own heading?

Adam

Archived