Two Airports at BIKF

rowcoach

Hello,

I just purchased and installed Aerosoft BIKF. I am running it alongside ORBX Iceland demo.

When I fly around the airport, I see two different layouts depending on my altitude. If I am on the runway or just after takeoff, I see the runway as depicted in the aerosoft AF2 file. As I gain altitude, I get a different runway.

I have no clue where the other runway is coming from. I've deleted all the FTX/ORBX files I can find. I have turned off BIKF in the Vector's AEC. I have now run out of ideas. The odd thing is, no matter what airport bgl I open up with ADE, I can't find that little addition just to the left of the runway. Which leads me to believe I have an extra BIKF bgl kicking around and I have no idea where it is hiding.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Please login to display this image.

Cheers,

colin

• Deputy Sheriffs

In the Orbx Compatibility forum, there are a number of threads concerning conflicts with their Iceland Demo. And of course, suggested fixes. Best to head there, do a search for "Iceland" and "Keflavik" and see if one of the search results helps. I found this one that suggests there are a lot of things you need to do to make both add-ons play nice together.

When you were looking for files to turn off (BTW, I hope you just changed the extension by adding something like ".OFF" instead of deleting them), did you also check the "E:\P3D\ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU8\Scenery" folder? There's a BIKF related file there.

Hello Herman,

Thanks got the reply. Firstly no, I didn’t delete the files from my computer. I deactivated as suggested (adding .off) Secondly, I had tried the fix suggested on the German site, but it didn’t work the first time around. As per your suggestion, I read the entire posting and found there were updated versions of the fix. The first one I tried had me turn off the elevation file in scenery/world/scenery, but there wasn’t a replacement file. 

This morning I found the most current fix and followed the instructions, but still getting the same result.

Cheers,

colin

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 hours ago, rowcoach said:

Herman,

Okay, so it was a PICNIC issue - problem in chair, not in computer. I forgot to turn off one of the elevation files in scenery/world/scenery.

All is good. 

I haven't seen the "PICNIC issue" phrase before. Thanks for sharing it as I got a good chuckle out of it.

Thanks for sharing where you looked and what you did in your troubleshooting. That's bound to help someone else.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived