Mathijs Kok

Alea iacta est.......... Aerosoft A318/A319 professional

3 hours ago, MerlynUK said:

Hi

I would like to know whether FS2Crew integration with the new Airbus is actively being worked on? 

This has been asked previously and the poster was refered to the FS2Crew forums. However, last week FS2Crew indicated on the forum that there will be a product, but don't provide any timeframes,. https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/536513-fs2crew-ans-aerosoft-airbus-professional/

On the current Aerosoft Airbus as the option for FS2Crew integration is in the Airbus Configuration tool,  I would assume that both sides need to work together to enable the integration? Is this beinbg worked on currently or will it happen sometime after release?

Many thanks and looking forward to the release next month!

Mark.

Not to be the annoying person, but to be honest, your question is still best answered at the FS2Crew forum.

The FS2Crew integration, depends on an SDK (which I assume Aerosoft will provide, when they release the product - perhaps some developers get it ahead of time), but since an SDK was released with the current Airbus, I don't see why that should change...

9 hours ago, koploper77 said:

Hello Mathijs, I know that sometimes you are very busy working on this project and other things, but is there new information about the testing? You said on friday that there could potentionally be a few bugs gone if the tests from the weekend confirm that. My apologies for asking if people don't like it.

We were a bit handicapped because it was nice weather in most of Europe and some of our testers had to spend time with family on barbeques and other related matters, but in fact there was good progress on a part that worried me, the semi intelligent co-pilot and the audio checklists. I think I explained this but debugging that is very hard because often you have it takes 45 minutes to check one single issue. But Rolf (who helps us with that) did a fantastic job in fixing stuff (and he is not at all a programmer) and I ma now not at all worried about that. Half the open issues were solved in a few days.

As many of our testers are real pilots or customers with hundreds if not thousands of hours on record they tend not to use the co-pilot functions. The are really intended to assist users. In my mind also to greatly enhance the realism because it let's you experience what a real crew does far better, but some people think they can do it all alone. 

Let me show you. These are the showstopper issues:

image.png

The simply have to be sorted out. If you check back you will see this list is na lot smaller than before.

This is the critical list:

image.png

These issue have to be sorted out before release or in the first week after release. 

We will SHOW these issue daily when we release so you can decide what is a good point for you to buy the product. 

I will not show the list of Major, Minor, SP1, and SP2 issues. It's long.  All in all I'm still comfortable. I spend the day working on the Checklist sound files. We got 3 PF and 3 PNF sound sets ready on release with many more to be done. As default we now chosen sets that are very easy to understand. In terminology (it differs a lot between airlines) we have moved it all to what a major German airline uses.  As the PF (captain) voice is now done by a real pilot I also believe it simple sounds a bit better than before.

ASC_PF_ATCRecive.wav

Tomorrow I'll work on the PNF (co-pilot) default sound set).  That's the one with the Scottish accent. Call me silly but I wanted that.

4 minutes ago, Polo said:

It is not called more PNF, it is now PM (Pilot Monitoring). 

I am trying to tell them that for four years now Polo. ;) 

Will the new Aerosoft A320 family have beacon light illumination on the wing? Fs labs already has this feature but it looks not good. Im sure it can be done better I mean AZAL464 already did a good illustration of new beacon lights in this video http://sendvid.com/okm8aknb

Its not like in the real one but its close to that. Only timing of the red flashes and what parts of the wing and engine exactly are illuminated by the red lights needs optimization.

Below are two photos from Brazil to show how it looks like in the real one :)

Wing without beacon light illumination

IMG_5946.JPG.5d13b57cb147874059827c446063bc40.thumb.JPG.0e716c840db20db5d01967f1cbc36e79.JPG

Wing with beacon light illumination. (on the upper part of the wing, on the winglet, on the flap track fairings)

IMG_5947.JPG.45aceac793d4e83a07357d04bd8b68f5.JPG.c81851dd558ba2fe3027227a1403eb87.thumb.JPG.305453484af7dc6c5a10c112fd3a2758.JPG

IMG_5947.JPG.45aceac793d4e83a07357d04bd8b68f5.JPG.c81851dd558ba2fe3027227a1403eb87edit.jpg.ab9a1fefec26dd495efa6bb8087d09b6.thumb.jpg.4c9d244c1216e12b5fe2d38ef7f75ab8.jpg

If this feature is currently not part of the product no stress it can be added later after the release. If this feature will not be part of the product that would be a pity as it would look pretty nice when switching to the wing and outside view but of course its just eye candy.

The only issue that disturbs the party: Those lights in the sim are not able to cast any shadow. So making the lights such bright that they reach the wingtip in that intensity makes the bus a flying disco. People would claim THIS then looks more unrealistic :-). The visible beacon radius already extends farer than the engine housing now.

vor 2 Stunden , Patrick Almeida Helzer sagte:

So its just technically still not possible to create something like this without exaggerating it and also without understating it so that people cant claim that it looks unrealistic?

I would not rate it in such a BLACK or WHITE way. With Prepar3D V4 we came much nearer what we want from Sim for the future, f.ex. 64 bit memory management and real dynamic lights which just werent existing in FSX. Now we actually moved a large percentage step into the direction of a higher visual perfection. Of course there is still a way to go, but i think there will be further development....

21 minutes ago, Caribbean_Redz said:

I really just want to commend you guys for having done such a great job thus far.... to the Admin and his associates... guys keep up the great work... Doing this and having your families to also look after, it has to be a serious juggling act - even if you're single lol your own mental destressing has to be taken care of...

I look forward to both releases, the small buses and the 330... keep pushing and have a great weekend.

Regards'

P'Rez

Very kind of you to say!  On behalf of everyone working/helping with the Airbus projects... THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!

Question:

What's the refresh rate of the gauges for the Airbus Professional products?

Also, will it be possible to change it or is there any limitation on that?

I'm asking this because a recent product for V4 locks the maximum refresh rate for gauges to 18hz which make the gauges look laggy.

3 hours ago, 747-400fan said:

Actually do you know what carriers use  the 333 RR? 

Just google it, there is a lot of info on the web concerning this. 

42 minutes ago, *Bastian* said:

But please note that it seems that system has not installed the complete files because it lacks almost all of the lights we worked on for many many months. It shows our product rather horrible. I am very sorry this happened. Our aircraft does have wing light, tail light and a full functioning VC lighting (all dimmable). It is as far as I am aware the most complete lighting ever done for an p3D aircraft.

I am in contact with Calum and I hope this is corrected very swiftly.

To explain why we believe preview is not showing the product off correctly...

11.png

We really like to show the VC with the correct lighting and all the subtle detail (it really is a work of art):

22.png

In the external screenshots the tail lights and wing lights are off close to the ground (with ANY airline thats is a big nono).

I really and honestly do not want to make a big stink about this as Calum is a friend, but please look at our screenshots and not at what is shown other sites. 

I am sure Calum will replace the images as it is pretty obvious the correct files are not installed. For now I asked FSelite not to post any more previews until I can confirm that the person making the images has everything installed as we intend. Note I do NOT insist on checking the image before they are posted but these make me reconsider that idea.

15.png

Please accept my promise that our Bus is not a black blot in the sky but has ALL the navigation lights, wing lights (that should be on here), tail lights (that should be on here). Really this is not as it looks and I am very sorry for a preview like this. 

I've removed the article in question and in contact with Mathijs. 

Hi Folks, looks like this new bus is looking great.

I have a query regarding use of dynamic lights, which appears to have undergone a ui tweak in P3d v4.2

Does the “landing light illuminating ground” feature require dynamic lighting to be enabled?

I think in the lighting option screen for P3D v4.1, worked by deselecting the dynamic lighting option automatically disabled the adjacent illuminate ground option.

Upon installing P3D v4.2 last week, I spotted that the options screen allows for dynamic lighting to be disabled whilst keeping landing light illumination enabled. I don’t know if this might relate to any changes in dynamic lighting ‘under the hood’ in 4.2.

(Btw I saw on a recent twitch stream, a certain long-awaited longhaul jetliner lighting the ground, with the streamer insisting dynamic lighting was off. This would appear to match the revised P3D 4.2 lighting options ui).

Many Thanks & greatly looking forward to this new era for the Aerosoft Airbus.

Chris.

Hello, the RealLights can be optional? why in much good computers dont works fine. 

9 hours ago, Frank Docter said:

Like Dave said, this concludes the FSElite talk. If anyone has a beef with someone talk to them via PM. All futher posts regarding this will be removed. 

Thanks

Things have been discussed with Calum. Stuff happens and we moved on. We are still big fans of FSELITE.

I already knew that the current liveries will fit the new busses, But is there any possibility to get higher resolution paintkit (like 4096)?

We do not plan that. Not big fans of them as they are so incredibly memory intensive and you need at least 6 gb of graphics mem to be able to utilize them properly.  Always keep in mind that the difference between an 1k texture and a 4k texture is not 3k but 15k.

And lets not forget that is not only a color map you have to do at that size. For gloss effects and bump mapping add another two maps at least that is then 3x1024 or 3x4096, which makes the 4096 a runaway much more.

Beside the memory requirements there is a computational requirement, as the pixels of the maps have to be processed in several ways: Projection onto polygons, then light calculations, gloss calculations, angle calculations for reflection effects...

To get mad about the size of the texture is a sure way to wreck performance. While those 4096ers work good as single material texture for a whole small aircraft, its not a good idea for large aircraft. They look good as stills at a PR website, but the smoothness they run with in realtime stands on another sheet of paper...

To the people who complain about our wild idea about showing coffee... we were actually intending to show this:

image.png

But serious, this afternoon a A340 pilot (who flown 320's for a very long time) flown the beta with me looking over his shoulder. We do this to make sure we are on the right track. This is a guy who loves the PMDG stuff, serious hardcore. He was wearing a head tracker (as we always do for these tests so we know what the testers are looking at) so I could see that when he heard the door chime he immediately looked at the screen to see who was at the door. He then opened the door and was looking at his coffee afew seconds later. He actually (no joke) thanked the cabin crew member for the coffee. I think he did not even noticed doing so. I can't tell you how happy this made me. We fooled a real pilot. There is a rather rude saying that perfectly expresses how I feel. Happy as a dog with two willies. 

After the session we discussed things and he said he really loved how we try to make the cockpit come to life. He complained bitterly about the clinical simulations that seem to be the norm. He said they were very accurate simulation of sim rides they do to train but have little to do with how they fly day to day. And that's EXACTLY where we want to be go. We have no interest in training a dual engine failure at the same time as your cockpit partner gets a heart attack. We want to show how it is to fly and Bus. With coffee, with a live copilot.

I do realize some people feel that ECAM messages that simply have NEVER been shown on a real A230 are more important and for those people there are other products. If you want to simulate simrides this is not a product for you as we really do not care for events that have not happened in real life. If you want to simulate the job of a bus drivers, this might work for you. 

Out of interest, will this new Pro version STILL have the built in assist mode where it simulates a co pilot going through all the checklists and switches being armed or turned off?

1 hour ago, bradley27 said:

Out of interest, will this new Pro version STILL have the built in assist mode where it simulates a co pilot going through all the checklists and switches being armed or turned off?

Yes sir!

On 5/8/2018 at 3:11 PM, Tom A320 said:

;) 

Here’s a question just out of curiosity, why did you guys to model the new style cockpit instead of the old one with the round corners of the displays?