Mathijs Kok

Alea iacta est.......... Aerosoft A318/A319 professional

Because the previous topic was old, contained a lot of nonsense etc I decided to make a new one.

How many products are this? And what will be the names?

• Aerosoft A318/A319 Professional
  • Aerosoft A320/A321 Professional
  • Aerosoft A330 Professional

The 'Professional' in the title indicates that the product is developed for P3d V4 and partly for the professional market (did you know we sold over 75 educational licenses?). This 64 bit platform is our main development platform and our main market. We are sorry that this might lead to some confusion. In scenery we only use the term 'Professional' for products that are designed for P3d V4 and are ONLY P3D V4 compatible. They are not the same products as the FSX:SP2, FSX:STEAM, P3D V3 versions. For aircraft they basically ARE the same.  One product, one buy and you can install as many times on any compatible sim (as long as it is your sim and not that of a friend).  In other words, you buy the P3D v4 version and get the FSX:SP2, FSX:STEAM, and P3D V3 version for free. A bit complex, sorry about that. 

Are these updates of the old version?

No, they are fully new builds. The 32 bits versions had some code in it that was close to 7 years old and was holding us back.  So we decided to redo a lot of the modules and graphics to modern standards. Around 60% of the modeling and textures are new and more then 75% of the code is new.

So they probably are not free updates, right?

Indeed. But as always Aerosoft will never charge you double for anything. If we replace 50% of a product the update will only cost you half the new price. I this case it's even better because we if you own the A318/A319/A320/A321 and want the newer versions you will be offered an update price of 16.95 Euro (plus VAT when applicable). If you want the A330 and have any of the older models we might be able to offer you an discount as well, not 100% sure on that. The full versions will cost just under 50 Euro. Bundles will be updatable for 24.95 Euro (plus VAT when applicable. Of course prices can always change.

[UPDATE] For pricing and update information please follow up here.

DRM? Online activation?

Of course not. You paid for the files and can do with them (on your own systems) as you want. Feel free to install 20 times or on all of your own computers. As long as you do not share it with anybody else we're fine with it. 

What platforms is this for?

We start with versions for P3D v4.3 (older versions of P3D have a bug that will prevent it to work) and will consider 32 bit versions as long as that makes commercial sense. To be honest the 32bit platform sales are drying up pretty fast and we do believe we got a good product for that platform at this moment. No decision will be made any time soon on that.

What hardware is needed?

We advise the same as Lockheed Martin does for it's simulator. As always things will 'run' at the required hardware and will run best at the advised hardware. We do know that the combination of P3d V4.3 and TrueGlass seems very demanding on GPU memory. Other products released at this moment seem to confirm this and we are monitoring that. We are not worried about that right now and are discussing it with de developers.

Wingflex?

On the smaller busses not (we simply have never seen the high frequency very small movements of the wings done well, they are remarkably stiff wings) and adding it just adds a load of complexity and development cost. Of course the A330 has wingflex, it has much larger and much less stiff wings

When?

I just had a talk with Winfried (who says hi to all people he met in Vegas!) and he told me we need to delay the bus with two weeks. The reason has nothing to do with the product but with the fact we are changing our back office system  (SAP) and one of the last steps of that is to include our outdated warehouse system into the new system. Now please keep in mind that Aerosoft is a pretty sizable company these days and flight sim add-ons are just part of what we do and while this is a very important release for us, we can't reschedule these important internal changes around it.

Obviously as Project Manager, I am not happy about this, but Winfried is not only a good friend he is also my CEO. Of course some people will believe this is a ploy because we are not ready but there is not a lot we can do about that. July 12th is now our goal. 

-------------------

I suggest strongly that we do not waste to much time on discussing this. It's not something we are seeking customer advise on. It is what we decided to do. 

While the dates are not clear, we do have a good idea what will happen after we get the first product online. It's not months away though. Please do not ask every few hours when it will be released as we will always refer you back to this post.

1. A318/A319 Professional
    D-Day
  2. A320/A321 Professional
    5 weeks later
  3. A318/A319 Professional & A320/A321 Profession service Pack 1
    This Service pack will replace the current PFD and ND with newer version that are better in resolution and designed to be used in 2d mode (the other gauges should already work in 2d mode at that time)
    Unknown period later, but we guestimate something like 4 weeks.
  4. A330 Professional
    Unknown period later
  5. 318/A319 Professional & A320/A321 Professional & A330 Professional service Pack 2
    Note we skip the A330 SP1 to keep the names uniform. This service pack will bring all aircraft to the same status and will update the smaller busses with the knowledge gathered in the meantime.

• After this we'll most likely add more A330 models (more engine types etc).
  • Of course, we'll always do hotfixes as soon as they are more or less stable. We promise not to keep them on our systems waiting for a larger update. 
  • Decisions on updates of the 32 bit version has not been taken. We feel that the models we know have are highly competitive in their price range and downloads for the 32 bit platform have tanked totally. When we get to that moment in time we'll look at it again. Please do not ask about this right now as I am not going to say anything else then that we'll look at it after point 5.
  • How updates are handled and at what price is listed in the first post on every page. We'll announce deals on the bundle this week. But don't worry, they will be as sweet as our other update options. 
  • The DC8 should be out before you fly busses. But that one is pretty close, such a lovely aircraft.

So how does it look?

Well we think it looks pretty spiffing. We used the very latest technology to make sure this 'base' product stays viable for some time. 

Here are some of the latest images from our development team (do see them at max resolution) 

Screenshots_A319LHNEU_20180216_001.png

Screenshots_A319LHNEU_20180216_002.png

2018-2-13_18-21-35-595.png

image.png

image.png

Got a question?

It's almost sure that anything you could ask has already been replied to on these forums. So do everybody a favor and use the search option of the forum before asking what has been asked and replied to several times. That way you won't even have to wait for the anwer!
Do not hesitate to ask anything or to suggest something!

Hey, why is my post removed?

To keep these topics 'topical'  we do clean them out every few days.  Of course we love to read 'oh my god that is beautiful' but it does not really help the topic. So please do post it but don't be angry when it deleted a few days later. 

As this forum and certainly this section, is part of our marketing, we are rather strict on content. We have no problems discussing things even if it makes us feel; uncomfortable as long as it is written with respect and is on topic. There are hundreds of forums where we are not the moderators and where rants and raves are very welcome. Heck we know some where they are the norm! Just stay on topic, stay respectful and when you really feel the need to bait somebody, bait me. I get paid to eat stuff, no other moderator, developer, or customer is. I am fair game, they are not.

In the weekly meeting (a  day late because I was lazy) we had some serious discussion on framerates (always on our minds), some standard stuff about progress (never fast enough) and we made a decision on how to handle MCDU 3.

As you remember we now use the second MCDU for options and settings but we were never happy about that. In the new models the A320 and A330 series will have two completely independent MCDU's. In the A330 the third one will be the setting and options we now have in the A320 series. But for the A320 series the third (settings and options) 'MCDU' will be a 2d panel that can be called up as 2d panel using keys or a click zone. As this will look like a real MCDU in the A330 we decided to keep it looking like that in the A320 as well.

image.png

1. Activate keyboard input (to align with other addons the LSK's now are usable with F1...F12, see that we do listen to suggestions? ;))

2. Opens the 'real' MCDU as a 2D panel

3. Opens the third 'settings and options' MCDU 2d panel.

So this is how it will look in the A320 series. 

image.png

I think this new way of using the FMC is good, because when I was flying shared cockpit with my friend in FSX it didn't feel that realistic with only one fully functional FMC. At least now we have 2 FMC that we can use for inputting a route and stuff like that. Thank you for adding that, now it will feel more realistic when flying.

24 minutes ago, Jlunddk said:

Yes, great solution with a third MCDU in the small busses. 

The airac in the MCDU's is from oct/nov 2015, will the they be released with a newer AIRAC?

BTW. Will the old lufthansa livery still be available?

All our initial release come with fully up to date AIRACs so if it is released in March 2018 it will include a March 2018 AIRAC. 
And yes the old (better looking) LH livery is included.

4 minutes ago, 747-400fan said:

Just a little question since v4.2 isnt fully established yet and stable with all the addons will it be compatible with v4.1?

Otherwise i'm earning the more i can for these puppies( 60€ i thonk.)

It will not be compatible with 4.1 anymore, sorry. 4.1 will be a thing of the past very very soon with more and more customers switching over.

On top of that 4.1 got an issue which Lockheed luckily fixed with 4.2 which will render the Airbus inoperative in 4.1, unless we remove some major features. Which we will not do.

We see no issues with 4.2, it is a very good system. Nothing that would prevent us from recommending you to update.

13 minutes ago, 747-400fan said:

Just a little question since v4.2 isnt fully established yet and stable with all the addons will it be compatible with v4.1?

Otherwise i'm earning the more i can for these puppies( 60€ i thonk.)

It really is in the first post I kindly ask you to read before asking....

image.png

Please everybody, just take a few minutes to really read the text. It will save a lot of time.

That said, P3D v4.2 is simply the best version of the sim, It solves a lot of bugs that makes highly complex aircraft add-ons possible. Just the simple fact we are now able to handle an unlimited amount of click zones in the VC is the difference between a 2016 addon and a 2018 addon. We simply can't do what we think we need to do in P3D v4.1 or lower. 

13 minutes ago, walterg74 said:

Aaaand someone asking “does that mean it releases in March?” Will be coming in 3... 2... 1.... :lol:

All our initial release come with fully up to date AIRACs so if it is released in October 2019 it will include an October 2019 AIRAC. 

The deal we have with Lufthansa data systems allows us to do so. No other add-on company has the same. 

2 minutes ago, nextgeneric said:

Are you willing to divulge more information with regard to the discussion on framerates?

We are aiming for a solid 7FPS if you have the latest hardware and put all the sliders full left. ;)

34 minutes ago, Frank Docter said:

We are aiming for a solid 7FPS if you have the latest hardware and put all the sliders full left. ;)

So not having the latest hardware and settings some sliders to the right might give me a liquid 30 fps then?! ;)

Stunning work inside and out...hopefully, the "Bus" will be out by March 31 (end of first quarter).

Now, if something can be done about the paint-kit since everything comes out overly dirty. Wish it was more like the CRJ which is perfect! Btw, can you remove the dirt layer with something besides Adobe Photoshop which is too expensive and complicated for me? 

Darryl

4 hours ago, Haohzh said:

Good news! How about the a330?, the first version only trent700 or all engine type for a330?

The A330 product will contain the A330-300 Trent 700 model. Aerosoft people, correct me if I'm wrong. But I'm pretty dang sure it's the -3 T700 variant for now.

2 hours ago, Labbi85 said:

... would it be possible to just change the content shown on the second MCDU with the soft buttons instead of opening up a second screen?

No, currently this is not possible . That would mean complete new coding of the options, witch lead to more delay.

I don’t know, but maybe this is an option for future updates.

vor 10 Stunden , AA777-200ER sagte:

Stunning work inside and out...hopefully, the "Bus" will be out by March 31 (end of first quarter).

Now, if something can be done about the paint-kit since everything comes out overly dirty. Wish it was more like the CRJ which is perfect! Btw, can you remove the dirt layer with something besides Adobe Photoshop which is too expensive and complicated for me? 

Darryl

Hi Darryl!

I created both paintkits. And in both kits the dirt layer is an extra section, which means it can be deactivated in a split second by a click or faded in fine steps after pleasure by the opacity settings  also within a second?! Would it be a good idea to use this option?

10 hours ago, AA777-200ER said:

I have so far done all my (of course non professional) paintwork with paint.net. Works perfectly fine and is by far not as complicated as photoshop.

9 hours ago, nikita1234 said:

Hello,

Sorry but I am a bit confused. In previous topic it said the new Airbus 318-321 and 330 are coming for 32 bit FSX Steam platforms. So are they still coming or not anymore?

Thank you

image.png

1 hour ago, Er!k said:

On the old Airbus I always used the MCDU on my tablet. Now with the new options (2D popups), will I be able to switch between the options MCDU and real MCDU as well?

The web MCDU is the left MCDU and that will stay like that.

6 minutes ago, 747-400fan said:

Btw will there be those little features like sunshades or wwindows on the a330 that makes us simmers smile? I know the a32x does but I'm not sure about the a330.

They worked with V3. But that is ofcourse no guarantee for the future.

Always appreciate these updates - just a question - did you even consider a separate (none MCDU) window for the controls ?

For me having something bigger and movable to a different screen would my preference.

However, I see that is how you and other devs prefer to implement which I of course respect.

50 minutes ago, 747-400fan said:

That being said since my internet is a complete potato i was just asking if it would be like airports which work in all v4 versions. I had so many issues to get all my addons to work in v4 that this is why i'm asking sine v4.2 is only two weeks old and the biggest part of development was made during v4 and v4.1. Btw will there be those little features like sunshades or wwindows on the a330 that makes us simmers smile? I know the a32x does but I'm not sure about the a330.

As explained, P3d V4 and 4.1 contained an error that made it impossible to extend the VC to the level of detail we desire. It you decide not to update it means you will not be able to use this add-on. 

Hello,

unfortunately one of my questions died unanswered with the previous thread. Can you just have a look? :)

"I have yet another question. In the present bus the altitude callouts like "onethousand" during approach is issued every second when approaching a falling terrain (for example in Stuttgart EDDS runway 07). That led for example to "onethousand ... onethousand ... onethousand" callouts. There is missing a logic that prevents continous same radio altitude callouts when approaching a falling terrain hight or even when approaching a flat ground at 2500ft (with the "twothousandfivehundred" callout). 

Has this also been fixed/reworked or can you have a look at that otherwise? Thanks."

Well I think Mathijs answer is quite clear "No decision will be made any time soon". And when you look at the poll from December stating that only 15% of the customers are using FSX/FSX:SE, while nearly 50% are on P3Dv4, Mathijs answer is fully understandable, when they are still discuusing whether it makes sense to invest a single Euro in a dying plattform. And the investment would be huge, as the P3Dv4 versions have features only working with P3D. So you would need to develop certain parts with reduced functionality in parallel for FSX and FSX:SE. And IMHO this makes commercially absolute no sense.

And the older a sim gets, the less are people willing to spend for it. And of course there still will be FSX users in 2 or 3 years, but they will be an extremly small minority. Same what we currently see with still existing FS9 users.

Decisions on updates of the 32 bit version has not been taken. We feel that the models we know have are highly competitive in their price range and downloads for the 32 bit platform have tanked totally. When we get to that moment in time we'll look at it again. Please do not ask about this right now as I am not going to say anything else then that we'll look at it after point 5.

Another quote from Mathijs on this.

29 minutes ago, nikita1234 said:

Its just not fair because originally the 32 bit was promised. if you promise something than please finish it and only than, in the future products maybe switch to fully 64 bit platforms. 

I believe you have missed that no decision has been made.  Why don't you wait with complaining until that decision has been made? It seems unfair to be angry about something that has not happened yet. For sure the 32 bit version will be done after the 64 bit versions so the decision is some way away at this moment.

I can certainly understand your consideration, regarding any future 32-bit version of the Airbus' should be developed. 

Remember, that porting backwards from Prepar3D V4 isn't something which is done in 5 seconds (contrary to what some I believe). As Prepar3D V4 distances itself further and further from the legacy platforms, if becomes an increasing time-comsuming job of porting addons - not to mention the task of providing support for them...

If the number of customers, who are using 32-bit platforms, are dwindling that fast, it very quickly becomes a question of whether or nor is feasible viable to reserve the time for.