Mathijs Kok

Alea iacta est.......... Aerosoft A318/A319 professional

12 minutes ago, Kihew said:

Thanks Mathijs and Sproson, it seems then that there are two ways of assigning a control to the Airbus Tiller - direct assignment to Throthle #3 within P3D, which sounds simple, and via FSUIPC. 

Cheers

FSUIPC lets you save different profiles for different aircraft, and they will be loaded as you select each aircraft. You cannot do this with P3D only. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Kihew said:

Thanks Mathijs and Sproson, it seems then that there are two ways of assigning a control to the Airbus Tiller - direct assignment to Throthle #3 within P3D, which sounds simple, and via FSUIPC. 

Cheers

First, I apologize for not answering your questions directly, my SmartPhone was acting dumb and I couldn't get my post to, well, post so I reached out to Grant who is far more knowledgeable on FSUIPC than I am.

Thanks to Mathijs and Grant for answering!

As @walterg74 said, you can save settings to an General Profile (which will affect all aircraft) or to an Aircraft Specific Profile.  You'll find a check box (which needs to be checked before creating the setting) for "Aircraft Specific" and that will link the setting to the aircraft you are loaded into.

FSUIPC can be daunting for some people, and there are several VERY good FSUIPC How To videos on YouTube, and there is also a FSUIPC Forum just for FSUIPC questions, and those are the best places to get FSUIPC questions answered.

Officially, Aerosoft's advice is to use P3D Control Settings, but this will not all ow you to use a separate tiller so if you venture into FSUIPC then I'd refer you to the videos and FSUIPC forum.

Best wishes!

• Upvote 2

I assume the paint-kit is the same as previous releases, 1k exterior but adding 2k VC textures.

It's a shame you don't have a "Dirt-O-Matic" utility allowing for personal tastes...hard dirt (currently used), lighter dirt (used in the Eurowings demo and similar to the CRJ) and no dirt (only supplied by Holgi). I'm surprised this cannot be done since it's a single layer in the paint-kit.

Just a thought, Darryl

@ Darryl

The point i am trying to make is that the " problem " is not the paint kit as you seem to think but the painter of whatever livery you are commenting on . It is very simple to tone down the level of dirt on any part of the fuselage you want , or leave the dirt as the maker of the paint kit made it .

I stand by my statement that there are very few " spotless " Busses around , they all have some level of dirt on them - in the air they make money - on the ground they cost money , it's as simple as that .

John

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, AA777-200ER said:

The problem is the Aerosoft Airbus aircraft paint-kit is actually too dirty, only aircraft from China are this sooted such as AF & BA A380's etc. The perfect dirt is found in the CRJ paint-kit...just right. Never count stand Mcphat, and actually paying more for this!

Btw  I'm an airplane photographer with over 100,000+ pictures, Most aircraft are somewhat clean with very lite dirt but they come with faded (non-glossy) paint.

Depends on where you fly, China isn't the only ones that don't bathe their aircraft on a regular basis :-)  In my case the dirt isn't nearly enough ;-).  Apparently we only bathe ours after the C Check, or maybe before so they can see what they're looking at.

6 hours ago, uadriver said:

With the ngx, using P3D4's new "steering (66818) set" & "rudder (65696) set" axis assignment for tiller & pedals respectively (set thru fsuipc's "send to fs" but still with fsuipc calibration) is in my opinion the "equal" of using the "send to fsuipc" assign.

Just keep in mind FSUIPC is absolutely not needed for the busses

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Just keep in mind FSUIPC is absolutely not needed for the busses

I understand that the programming options of FSUIPC are not needed for controls but could you confirm that FSUIPC will still work for the ACARS of the Virtual Airlines that use this.

• Upvote 1

I'm looking forward to see and test the busses.

Impressive feat, Aerosoft!

And quite admirable project management, to meet the 'deadline' so close as you have. ;)

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Dino1945 said:

Please, insert the Alitalia livery in the Airbus that will be released this week. Many thanks for all.

Not all liveries will make it in the installer, as it should not exceed a certain size. But you can always download it from the forums download section.

33 minutes ago, klisura said:

About 2D PFD, ND and Ecam displays, I read that initially they will work "partially". May I know exactly what do you mean for partially?

Thank you very much 

Not all panels will be available in 2d version. Will make a screenshot later today.

• Upvote 1

Are liveries already available for download? or should we wait after the Airbus exit?

You can use ALL existing liveries ;) 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Miguel_V said:

My question was in relation to Mathigs point 3,....

3. A318/A319 Professional & A320/A321 Profession service Pack 1
 This Service pack will replace the current PFD and ND with newer version that are better in resolution and designed to be used in 2d mode (the other gauges should already work in 2d mode at that time)
Unknown period later, but we guestimate something like 4 weeks.

I understand that I have to wait for the package of the A318/319/320/321 to be able to apply the corresponding discount? And as it says about four weeks? Post-departure A320/321

If so, buy as I did in his day the package, today I report an inconvenience.

But hey, all wait if it is for good, good wait will be, as you paste in the A318/319 sure will have as the previous tests, the PCs and configurations are not the same as those of the end users.

Please take also a look into this post:

On 7/3/2018 at 10:30 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

All further posts that are answered by this one will be deleted.

____________________________________________________________________________________

If you have no previous products:

• Aerosoft A318/A319 Professional 50.38 Euro (plus EU VAT when applicable)
  • Aerosoft A320/A321 Professional 50.38 Euro (plus EU VAT when applicable)
  • Bundle 67.18 Euro (plus EU VAT when applicable)

If you have either the current A318/A319 or A320/A321:

• Aerosoft A318/A319 Professional 25.17 Euro (plus EU VAT when applicable)
  • Aerosoft A320/A321 Professional 25.17 Euro (plus EU VAT when applicable)

If you own either the new A318/A319 or A320/A321 and want the A318/A319 or A320/A321:

• Aerosoft A318/A319 Professional 25.17 Euro (plus EU VAT when applicable)
  • Aerosoft A320/A321 Professional 25.17 Euro (plus EU VAT when applicable)

If you own the current bundle:
The bundle will be made available a few days after the A318/A319 for new users and people that update. This delay is for administrative reasons.

If you did not buy the bundle you can not use the bundle update. 

• Bundle 33.57 Euro (plus EU VAT when applicable)

_________________________________________________________________________________________

It doesn't matter where you bought the product, except if you bought it on STEAM. Unfortunately STEAM version are not eligible for updates outside STEAM. We are not the publisher for that release, if there ever might be a new version on STEAM we can discuss it with Dovetails.

The A320/A321 will initially NOT be available but is expected to be released within 5 or 6 weeks of the release of the A318/A319

I strongly recommend you read this before buying: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/881-whats-not-completed-what-are-we-working-on/

• Upvote 2

I just updated the posts with things that are not completed and things we are still working on. There is important stuff there (that why we advise you to read it before you decide to buy) but also stuff that even amazes me... How about this one: "Fuel temp calculation needs to take into account the temp of fuel which is already filled in the tanks during refueling." We have come a long way in flight sim.

So please read this before clicking the buy button.... It will be updated till the last moment: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/133133-whats-not-available-whats-wrong/

Keep in mind that we'll use our ultra simple updater so with three clicks you will always get the latest files: See here: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/131484-the-manual-or-rather-four-pictures/

• Upvote 3

On 7/7/2018 at 11:25 AM, Hanse said:

Hi Peter,

the problem with TOPCAT and Airbus in comparison to Boeing is that Airbus does not release any data which is required to prepare such data. I asked Christian nearly 1 1/2 years ago and he answered:

Wie Sie sicherlich bereits wissen, enthält TOPCAT einige Boeing Typen, aber nur einen Airbus Typ (A320-214). Grund hierfür ist die schwierige/nicht vorhandene Datenlage bei Airbus. Boeing veröffentlich den gesamten benötigten Datensatz in einem Flight Planning & Performance Manual (FPPM), welches man relative ‚leicht‘ bekommt.Für Airbus gibt es nichts vergleichbares - selbst als Airbus Pilot/Lehrer ist es mir nicht möglich, die benötigten Daten zu bekommen.Es war schon äußerst aufwendig, die Daten für den A320-214 zu erhalten; teilweise musste auch interpoliert werden, um akzeptable Ergebnisse zu bekommen.

As you probably already know, TOPCAT contains some Boeing types, but only one Airbus type (A320-214).

The reason for this is the difficult / non-existent data situation at Airbus. Boeing publishes the entire data set required in a Flight Planning & Performance Manual (FPPM), which is relatively'easy' to obtain - even as an Airbus pilot/teacher it is not possible for me to obtain the data required - it was extremely complex to obtain the data for the A320-214; in some cases interpolation was required to obtain acceptable results.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Regards,

Rolf

Hi Rolf,

Thank you for your reply on my request, also to Matthijs, and your explanation between Airbus and Boeing, very much appreciated !  Actually I knew all this information about Airbus but I was thinking by myself why not asking Aerosoft.  I thought there could be possibly a chance that you (AS) had already more information in the meantime, because you worked with real pilots to develop (and stil do) and since the release of Topcat in 2008, which is already 10 years ago.  Anyway, if there is à chance in accordence with Christian, the better it is for us Topcat users.  If there is none, there’s nothing to do about it.  We’ll see what the future will bring us.  But to be honest, I don’t dare to bet my money on it, hehe.

Thanks again, and I wish you all the luck with the release and the further development of the A32x family and the later coming A330.

Peter

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jd_jay said:

Hi Mathijs.  Could you please clarify this.  Are you saying aerosoft Is providing a full copy of RAAS Professional, like you have worded. or is it the free locked version like in the older airbus's.

Many thanks in advance and good luck with the launch soon.

It will only be a locked version.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Mathijs for the list. We can see what issues you're dealing with and I am happy you are up front with us. I also can make a guess that the support staff and yourself will be having to deal with customers who never bothered to read the list, complaining about known issues. Good Luck. It's a no question purchase for me.

• Upvote 2

I have followed this thread checking it everyday...loving all the wonderful updates and cursing at every delay (LOL to my computer ofcourse ) but as the the big day approaches i just keep getting more and more excited... it has been too long not flying this fantastic BIRD. A HUGE thanks to Aerosoft for at least being very open through all the process wish other developers followed the same model.

will be buying this bird as soon as as it gets release for us previous packaged owners 

manuel 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, aharonn said:

i have the last 320/321 only.

now i want to buy the bundle for p3d.

is it an option?

You can of course buy what ever you want. But if you are asking for an update option please refer to this topic and some of the explanatory answers in it to the same question:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/132584-pricing/

12 hours ago, Topi04 said:

Hello 

I was wondering, that will you include the new gsx level 2 features in an update later for the buses. (Like the thing that the counter of passengers on board is syncronised with the amount of passengers arrive and enter the plane by gsx.)

All the best: Bence

If they have an SDK that usable I think that will not be an issue.

Hello,

Just noticed that the platform has changed from P3D V4.2 to V4.3. I was under the assumption that the bug preventing the buses from working was in V4.1 only. So just confirming that this Professional product series is only for P3D V4.3 and will not work even in V4.2? Many thanks.

Nikhil