Mathijs Kok

Alea iacta est.......... Aerosoft A318/A319 professional

Yes, the Logitech 3D Pro has throttle and rudder (not realistic but still something) and is a good investment especially for the price.

Guys, to answer your questions about repaints: As Mathijs already said, the installer should not exceed a certain size. If there is some room left, additional repaint(s) will be added. For the rest check out the download section of the forum, there are towns of repaint avaialble. Also many painters will deliver other repaints in the future, this is an ongoing process.

If you still miss a certain livery, you can post a request in the appropriate section.

9 minutes ago, OVI said:

Guys, in new Bus the "Preselected speed" function will be available to make NADP 2 correctly?

Yes, preselected speed is implemented incl. FMA indication.

10 minutes ago, Jespersson said:

Hi!

Just a quick question about this. I was looking through the PMDG NGX FCTM the other day and in that document they stated that they choose not to simulate the cockpit door lock realistically because of safety purposes and that the only people who need to know how to operate it are the ones who are supposed to be in the real cockpit. Now I do not know if it makes any difference or not but I was just curious of your opinion on this as regard to Mathijs earlier post. 

Looking forward to realase!

Kind regards

Jesper

First of all, on YouTube are a lot Videos and the FCOM is available in the Internet.

We only simulate the part in the cockpit to open the door in normal circumstances. There are other requirements/methods which are not simulated.

2 hours ago, Jespersson said:

Just a quick question about this. I was looking through the PMDG NGX FCTM the other day and in that document they stated that they choose not to simulate the cockpit door lock realistically because of safety purposes and that the only people who need to know how to operate it are the ones who are supposed to be in the real cockpit. Now I do not know if it makes any difference or not but I was just curious of your opinion on this as regard to Mathijs earlier post. 

As long as all that information nis available in YT video's.... 

17 minutes ago, Woodrow said:

I’ve searched but it’s been a long day. Can we fly this beauty from the right side including simulating all the systems from that side. 

Yes, especially because this will be a Connected Flight Deck aircraft.

All the features in the previous Aerosoft Airbus are still present, but for the record the difference from the Captain to the FO side is simply a change in view (in any flight sim aircraft), so even if we didn't include that particular view (and we did) you can always create a view for yourself in P3Dv4.

Best wishes.

We NEVER say it's 'ready when it is ready' because that is rather insulting to potential customers.  Just read the first post in this tread and you have all information.

15 hours ago, gustavoaguiar said:

Awaiting a true Neo version for the A320 family made by Aerosoft, with CFM International LEAP-X ou Pratt & Whitney PW1100G engines, and A318 with PW 6000

Impossible at this moment because not enough information is available. Just as with the 350 and 380. A lot of the details we need are only available on locked iPad that pilots and maintenance use.

1 hour ago, Rocksen said:

I've always wondered. After how many years does Airbus usually make the documents public or lifts the "NDA"?

As far as I know they never do.

1 hour ago, jenstt said:

Do you notice anything different in the cooperation with Airbus after their decision to license simulation products? Are they more open now in sharing their information?

Sorry that is confidential.

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 5:54 AM, Tom A320 said:

Off Topic posts (like this) are getting deleted from time to time. As the first post in this topic clearly states. 

This is somethings the mods occasionally do to reduce clutter and make the thread more concise and somewhat easier to follow. Pruned again on July 6 to hide messages that ask questions already answered, the multiple requests for clarification on release date, and the thanks/complements messages on preview pictures. We appreciate the latter and the mods and developers can still see them.

As a measure of all the repeated questions and answers (OK, some are overcome by events) and the number of arguments, there are 124 pages of total comments in chapter 5 of this thread. Compare that with however many pages regular members can see.

Gentlemen, please do not start a discussion about the reasoning of the delay.

Aerosoft has decided to delay the release of the new Airbus because of internal processes. Once they are done all hands are free again to get the new Airbus on the road. That requires a lot of people (ERP, Shop, QA, Support, Marketing, etc. pp). 

The release is around the corner now, so please just wait the last few days for it. Thank you for you understanding.

10 hours ago, Guitarman said:

As Christian is (was ?) a real Airbus pilot and the developer, is there any chance that the A3xx family will be added (I prefer first) into Topcat and PFPX ? 

Our of our hands, sorry. We will speak to them of course.

36 minutes ago, Kai-Uwe said:

But this is guilty only for the upcoming airbus?! Just bought a product during the weekendsale. For these and all other products which are sold the SAP-rollout was fullfilled already, it seems.:unsure:?

Kai

No it is not. We got people in office at this very moment.  We did not close shop for this, but we do try to avoid releasing very big projects while doing so. And the busses are without a doubt one of the bigger once of this year.

12 hours ago, Guitarman said:

Hi AeroSoft Staff,

As you can see I'm not a "many writer" on the forum but I read all the messages every day.

I know that my question has never been asked before.  On one side it has actually nothing to do directly to the Bus but otherwise in the sim it's linked to the aircraft.  So here it comes ....

As Christian is (was ?) a real Airbus pilot and the developer, is there any chance that the A3xx family will be added (I prefer first) into Topcat and PFPX ?  I am a Topcat user since the first hour and still love it as I use it only for (yes still !) the MD-11.  Please don't tell me to use àn Airbus from the list in Topcat.  I see this as trickle because the parameters are not the right ones for your recent and coming Bus.  I'm not asking that Topcat should be released with the Bus, it may be done later but please not a year or so later. I ask my question here because the Topcat forum has closed on Christian's website and I don't find it here, unless I have overseen it, sorry in this case .....

Many thanks in advance for your reply,

Peter

Hi Peter,

the problem with TOPCAT and Airbus in comparison to Boeing is that Airbus does not release any data which is required to prepare such data. I asked Christian nearly 1 1/2 years ago and he answered:

Wie Sie sicherlich bereits wissen, enthält TOPCAT einige Boeing Typen, aber nur einen Airbus Typ (A320-214). Grund hierfür ist die schwierige/nicht vorhandene Datenlage bei Airbus. Boeing veröffentlich den gesamten benötigten Datensatz in einem Flight Planning & Performance Manual (FPPM), welches man relative ‚leicht‘ bekommt.Für Airbus gibt es nichts vergleichbares - selbst als Airbus Pilot/Lehrer ist es mir nicht möglich, die benötigten Daten zu bekommen.Es war schon äußerst aufwendig, die Daten für den A320-214 zu erhalten; teilweise musste auch interpoliert werden, um akzeptable Ergebnisse zu bekommen.

As you probably already know, TOPCAT contains some Boeing types, but only one Airbus type (A320-214).

The reason for this is the difficult / non-existent data situation at Airbus. Boeing publishes the entire data set required in a Flight Planning & Performance Manual (FPPM), which is relatively'easy' to obtain - even as an Airbus pilot/teacher it is not possible for me to obtain the data required - it was extremely complex to obtain the data for the A320-214; in some cases interpolation was required to obtain acceptable results.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Regards,

Rolf

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Btw, please check this out before buying (when the moment is there): http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/881-whats-not-completed-what-are-we-working-on/

I really admire this honesty and integrity from Aerosoft - and also I think their communication with the sim community through this forum really sets them apart from other developers.

Hello,
as I read that the new Airbus (at least in part) will come next week so I decided to write my first post. I have 2 questions and the search-function did' nt bring sufficient results.
Currently I have a A320 homecockpit with Jeehell. Most of the panels are connected with Mobiflight and arduino-cards. It is reasonably easy to create the In- and Outputs using the Jeehell-Offsets. But it would be very interesting to run the cockpit based on Aerosoft-Airbus and its new and fantastic features.
So my questions are:

- Is it possible to do these In- and Outputs (Led's) with the LVars from Aerosoft-Bus (and if yes - HOW in detail?)

- Is it possible to move the coming 2D gauges (PFD, ND...) to various monitors?
I think these two are preliminiary the most important requirements to see if it makes sense to make a try. Furthermore I guess that CP-flight will bring the driver for their very popular A-320 FCU within the near future! Together would that be a very good base, other remaining tasks could be done step by step .
I am very thankful for any help and info!!
Regards/ Günter

We do plan to release a SDK with all variables but it is not a project intended for that market so we do not make adaptations for it. The 2d panels should undockable as any others.

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 2:50 AM, DaveCT2003 said:

..... you can alternately set a tiller via FSUIPC (Registered Version) if you wish.

Dave

I am keen to hear more on the options and / or recommendations on how one will assign / calibrate nosewheel steering (tiller & pedal) and rudder (pedal) control to match the "real" attached .... given one has separately twist axis hardware / pedals hardware.

I guess the question to ask is will one be using the P3D4 "steering set" axis unlike the previously mentioned 32bit used throttle #3 axis or not ..... and alongside the P3D4 "rudder set" axis and subsequently if you choose calibrate each with fsuipc (axis' assigned to sim, not direct to). This P3D4 method alone unfortunately does not limit pedal nosewheel steering to <6o, nor does it properly "washout / blend" tiller steer with increasing rudder control at higher speeds.

Using fsuipc's "send direct to" assign / calibrate for tiller & rudder along with MaxSteerSpeed can be an option & gives a good simulation of those limits / washout / blend expected .... but as expected (the tiller axis is a duplicate rudder axis) the animations (tiller twist moves rudder) & probably the ecam display of rudder movement will not be correct (?).

I recall the A320 32bit using throttle #3 worked well, but then FSX had no separate tiller/steer feature.

cheers

john

nws.pdf

This is a whole new venture for me - where can I start to understand this option of creating an extra control for the tiller? Will this be in the manual? Is there any other source available?

Cheers,

Alex

Dave has asked me to reply to this,

Within the airbus options there is a feature to seperate the tiller from the pedals, once this has been done you should use the 'Send as FSuipc axis' and select steering tiller. This will then alow the seperate hardwae to interface with the coorect assignment.

3 hours ago, Kihew said:

This is a whole new venture for me - where can I start to understand this option of creating an extra control for the tiller? Will this be in the manual? Is there any other source available?

Cheers,

Alex

Of course is it in the manual.... basically it is very simple, if you have any axis (not button) on your controls you are not using you can assign it to throttle 3 in the simulator and use it to control the tiller. I am using this one:

image.png

We experimented with the new P3d axis for this but found no advantages. This worked fine for years and still does.

I highly recoomend looking into FSupic.

It gives you much more functionality in being able to smooth out and trim your assignments. Takes a little work with the bus,but its worth it