Mathijs Kok

Alea iacta est.......... Aerosoft A318/A319 professional

11 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

...July 12th is now our goal. 

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.  While not to sneer at the A318/319, I'm waiting for the A320/321 myself and one little tidbit we all seem to be forgetting in the anticipation is that the 'Buses still run beautifully in FSX. ;)

July will be a very good month; lots of birthdays here too (myself included) and looking forward to the new arrival once she finally appears!

A quick question to you on that new goal Mathijs, since this is a back office delay, will this also delay the A320/321 + 2 Weeks?

Cheers

• Upvote 2

5 weeks between the A318/A319 and A320/A321? Are the service packs charged updates or free?

They are of course free of charge as you already paid for the new version before.

Just like with the service packs of the current version (1.10, 1.20, 1.30, 1.31) which were also for free.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, macca22au said:

Only 6+ days to go....

The release date had been shifted yesterday:

19 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I just had a talk with Winfried (who says hi to all people he met in Vegas!) and he told me we need to delay the bus with two weeks. The reason has nothing to do with the product but with the fact we are changing our back office system  (SAP) and one of the last steps of that is to include our outdated warehouse system into the new system. Now please keep in mind that Aerosoft is a pretty sizable company these days and flight sim add-ons are just part of what we do and while this is a very important release for us, we can't reschedule these important internal changes around it.

Obviously as Project Manager, I am not happy about this, but Winfried is not only a good friend he is also my CEO. Of course some people will believe this is a ploy because we are not ready but there is not a lot we can do about that. July 12th is now our goal. 

hello,

I do not understand the release date of 318 319 when? June 26 or July 12?

• Downvote 13

And what exactly do you not understand? Simply read Mathijs post linked above.

• Upvote 1

23 days to go, and this is the most left-field showstopper of them all.  And if your migration to a new 'better' accounting system goes like many similar in the business world I suspect 23 days may be an optimistic estimate.  Oh Glory.

• Upvote 3

You can delay it till the 22nd of July if you want, would be a nice birthday present :D

On 19.6.2018 at 13:34, Mathijs Kok sagte:

July 12th is now our goal.

That's my birthday :o It would be awesome if it's ready for release until the 12th, so i can buy it as my birthday present B) :wub:

• Upvote 1

vor 3 Minuten, Haleef I sagte:

Hi. Just to make myself sure, the Airbus package will also be released for FSX isn't it, along with the P3D version?

The first release on the 12th of July will only be for P3Dv4. A 32-bit Version could be released later.

Just now, StarGames said:

The first release on the 12th of July will only be for P3Dv4. A 32-bit Version could be released later.

Thank you for this! Just needed to make sure. :)

9 minutes ago, Haleef I said:

Hi. Just to make myself sure, the Airbus package will also be released for FSX isn't it, along with the P3D version?

The first post in this article, which is linked on top of every page gives the exact information to this question.

On 2/21/2018 at 5:18 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

[...]

What platforms is this for?

We start with versions for P3D v4.2 (older versions of P3D have a bug that will prevent it to work) and will consider 32 bit versions as long as that makes commercial sense. To be honest the 32bit platform sales are drying up pretty fast and we do believe we got a good product for that platform at this moment. No decision will be made any time soon on that.

[...]

• Decisions on updates of the 32 bit version has not been taken. We feel that the models we know have are highly competitive in their price range and downloads for the 32 bit platform have tanked totally. When we get to that moment in time we'll look at it again.
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Haleef I said:

We have not yet decided. It's a lot of work to scale down the project with less graphics, all converted back to 32 bit etc. Keep in mind this is one of the very few aircraft that were designed for 64 bits and not converted 32 bits aircraft like virtually all others.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Please read the few posts on this page, or the first post of this topic, which is linked on top of every page. Thank you.

Could you please stop answering every question on this topic with "Read a few pages back" or "This question was already answered on this topic" 

It's anoying

How about you answer the guy's question instead of indicating where the answer is?

This way you would be much more helpfull

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 46

If I may just add... I agree 110%. There is a pinned topic that contains all the information for the very repetative questions on here all the time that bog up the thread.  However I must say, if I was a new person, the pinned topic title doesnt stand out enough to have relevant information.   Perhaps if it said, 'Most commonly asked questions' in bold, or Current information as of xx.xx. date. Just a suggestion

• Upvote 3