Mathijs Kok

Alea iacta est.......... Aerosoft A318/A319 professional

14 minutes ago, CuzIm_Tom said:

Will the buses come into Tier 1?

Posted 4 hours ago

" Btw, after talking to PMDG we have decided that we'll go for tier 1 in there exciting new Global Flight Operations project. 

It should fill up these bit nicely!....." 

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, lacsa01 said:

Hi Folks,

sorry, but you can call me dumb - but I understand nothing about what you´re talking about - with 63 it´s hard to understand all that special names for anything and that makes me feel like an idiot - what the hell is "Tier"?

Can anybody please be so kind to explain it to me? I would be happy if I can follow your post...

Sorry about this question ....

Have a nice evening!

Greets

Bob

PMDG is offering other developers Tier 1 or Tier 2 level of involvement in the Global Operations Center.  Aerosoft producys will available themselves of Tier 1.

30 minutes ago, tlvid said:

How will the cockpit and exterior options be configured (for example the DME equipment below the backup instrument display and antennas outside)? Via FMC like PMDG?

There is no config option. You just load the preferred model.

The DDRMI was removed completely, as newer aircraft IRL are also missing this analog instrument.

Has a new virtual co-pilot been implemented on the new Airbus Professional series like the previous Airbus?

There is no need for a new one, as the old one (from the current Airbus series) is already quite good ;) 

And that one will of course also be sitting next to you in the professional series.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Tom A320 said:

There is no need for a new one, as the old one (from the current Airbus series) is already quite good ;) 

And that one will of course also be sitting next to you in the professional series.

Are able to turn it off completely if we dont want it?

22 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

In fact it is a lot more advanced at this moment.

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, 09tir98 said:

I'm assuming you'll need to purchase PMDG Global Flight Operations for the ACARS and CPDLC functionality in the Aerosoft Airbus?

I do not think PMDG has the commercial model. But if you want to use what they have to offer you will have most likely have to pay.

9 minutes ago, Kai-Uwe said:

I'm assuming you'll have to program this PMDG Global Flight Operations feature into the new airbus yet? Will it be done after initial releasing or will the release hold back until this feature is licensed and implemented?

They do not yet have any code or servers we can work with so for sure this does not affect the release date. At this moment only P3D V4.3 matters in that aspect

• Upvote 1

Interview with Lockheed Martin discussing amongst other things the upcoming v4.3 release.

For anyone asking about what is coming in the latest P3D update. Suffice to say, it is mostly going to be small updates, bug fixes to the ATC etc...

Also before posting it is wise to read at least 5 pages back from the last page in this thread as 99.9% of every question being asked has already been answered. As the questions keep getting answered again, you can guarantee your answer has been discussed within the last few pages :D 

• Upvote 2

vor 4 Stunden , Max182 sagte:

Has a new virtual co-pilot been implemented on the new Airbus Professional series like the previous Airbus?

If you want to know about this finction please have a look into

Regards,

Rolf

vor 3 Stunden , Patrick Almeida Helzer sagte:

PS by MOD:

One link to a picture was enough here, all those links clutter up the forum and were 7 or more years old and do not reflect the new Airbusses that are delivered now or reflect the AS Airbus Professional. This is the preview forum for said aircraft and not the older V1.31

You are one post away from moderation if you keep trying to make this preview about you so please stop that. 

THANK YOU. But why couldnt this just already be written within the edited post? This confused me a lot. I do apoligize for making this preview about me but I was just seeking answers especially after Mathijs just wrote "This topic is closed".

Again Im sorry.

• Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, macca22au said:

But I am confused more than usual:  does the wait for 4.3 mean the A318/319 is to be delayed beyond the given time of June 26.

Considering that the planned release date of June 26 was based on P3D v4.2 and not v4.3, which was only announced recently, one can conclude that, yes, the A318/319 will be released after the 26th of June. If I recall correctly, they have some tweaking to do to make it v4.3 compatible, which will push back the release dates of the A320 family.

11 hours ago, AA777-200ER said:

Mathijs, is there going to be more than one type of satellite dome "zits"? I noticed that there are several types used including the smaller version shown in your preview. 

I think we model the one on the LH busses now, we;ll check if there are other models.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, europe.au said:

Considering that the planned release date of June 26 was based on P3D v4.2 and not v4.3, which was only announced recently, one can conclude that, yes, the A318/319 will be released after the 26th of June. If I recall correctly, they have some tweaking to do to make it v4.3 compatible, which will push back the release dates of the A320 family.

Indeed but we are talking days, not weeks. 

• Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, Kai-Uwe said:

Assuming 4.3 comes along with some new features (I don't know if you mean features but saying options?): is it done only with recompiling or will you try to implement these "new" features (I don't know yet what this could be of course, like you don't know it too)? I ask because many of us (macca22au maybe too) are afraid waiting again a lot of time ( I'm not speaking of a couple of days).

You refer of a customer buying the product shortly before. Do you mean P3D or the bus? Existing P3D-user could easily decide using P3D4.2 with the bus or P3Dv.3 without the bus. I believe this is what most uf us wanted to say.

mfg Kai

I believe Aerosoft is aware of the new features coming with V4.3 and they are ready for it but the release version of P3D's update to 4.3 may still be different from the pre-release version that P3D has shared with Aerosoft so they will refrain from releasing the Airbus until they've had the chance to test it and adjust it for the release version of the V4.3 update. That way the Bus will be ready for the latest in P3D advancements. 

And as Mathijs has said 5 posts above yours, it's expected to be a delay measured in days, not weeks. So you don't have to fear having to wait again a lot of time. Cheers,

• Upvote 2

I have been reading this thread and the earlier ones with great interest for months now and must congratulate the Aerosoft guys for their determination to launch a fantastic product but also doing it in such an open fashion. I trust it will be worth the wait and have a lot of sympathy with them on being on the bleeding edge of technology when it comes to having to catch up with LM with 4.3. 

What at I have seen so far of the new ‘buses they look wonderful and worth the wait, keep up the good work and do it properly. 

Malcolm

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Lousbec said:

Would I be able to run the new Airbus with:

Intel i5-3470 3,2GHz, boost 3,6GHz.
16GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB?

Perhaps. Although, the graphics card is a bit old...

But, as been said a number of times - if you can run the current Airbus, you probably won't have major issues running the new version.