strange sound of friction when taxiing CRJ 700

Hi,

is somebody concerned by a strange noise in the cockpit , perhaps a friction sound when taxiing or take off or landing the CRJ ?. This sound don't appear all the time.

thanks for yours replies.

Michel.

HI,

i searched in the sound menu of CRJ and i have found that sound: It is one of the TSS Bump 1..10. I can't explain why i hear it sometimes when taxiing and landing.

Somebody can explain me ?

Thanks for yours replies

Michel.

Hello Mathijs

thank for your reply. I use ORBX Base pack , open LC europe, america, global trees,mesh south america and global vector. I have P3D V4.1.

Michel.

HI,

I see in the CRJ P3D V4.1 cfg, a line GroundFriction=1 What that mean ? 1 is the the default status ? is that statu to do with the wav sound Tss bump.. i hear ?

Thanks for a reply

Michel.

Hello Mathijs

thank for your reply.

It seems that i get the sound in all the airport. I try now.

The fix can be moved in another location, but in a CRJ folder ?

Hello Mathijs,

i try in anothers airports and there is the same problem.

I cut the 10 TSS bump files and i paste them in another file or in the folder digital aviation, and i have problem :P3D don't work , numerous returns on the desktop.

Michel

Hello Mathijs,

it seems than the problem exist with airports LFPO, LFPG , in the Paris area. I don'use any others scenery than ORBX: global base, european airports,open LC europe and so on....Conflict with basic scenery of P3Dv4.1 ?

Michel.

• Developer

It's a taxi sound, not a landing sound. It originates from recording a real CRJ-900 (in fact all 10 bump sounds do) and it's what you hear when you roll over an uneven bit of the ground. In fact it's much much louder than what you currently hear when you sit in the cabin.

There's absolutely no problem here. It works as intended.

Take a look at this. Recorded by myself in a Lufthansa CRJ in EDDM from row 2:

Archived