Preview: F-16 just before going into beta1

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear mathjiskok,

Will this F-16 be compatibile with FSX Accelerations DX10 graphics :?:

I ask this because many current payware are not - They suffer with Alpha Channel color errors and .bmp not in the correct 8-bit file formats.

eg.

Thank you.

It is already...

:D

Well I tried, because I have such a system and I fly it every day on that system but not at that monitor resolution. Anyway.... I leave it up to Mathijs to indeed confirm that I fly it on such a system.

Best

• Aerosoft
Dear mathjiskok,

Has this model been, or is being, tested in the DX10 Preview Graphics Mode of FSX Acceleration on a VISTA (DX10) Graphics Card(s) and Operating System (OS)?

[

It is being tested on that during development, but how it will be released is not clear at this moment. First of all, the DX10 option is just a preview and not everything is fully supported yet, secondly, what is supported has many bugs. If these are solved we might fully support what is available. We'll see.

Mathijs,

I've been trying to piece together compatability / incompatibility from this thread, and am a little confused. If possible could you (or someone from the development team) please confirm the following with regards to the F-16:

FSX RTM : compatable

FSX SP1 : 100% compatable and optimized

FSX Acceleration : compatable

FSX SP2 : compatable providing the release actually is identical to Acceleration SP2

I've been holding off on installing Acceleration due to all the issues reported. Which version of FSX do I, or will I need to get the most out of the F-16 package? Will there be any differences (aside from DX10) having it installed on the various versions?

Thanks in advance.

Gentlemen,

Thank you for your responses. I understand that not all is known at this time. This gives me an idea of the kind of development considerations that you are undertaking and am looking forward to the release and wish you best of luck. :D

PS: I use the larger 3840x1024 Resolutions, now; with a far higher-end system than the average user because I use it for certification as well and for fun. 8)

Thank you very much.

Gents,

:D I'm tracking the developement process of this unique bird since the beginning and you already have convienced me that one of my dreams is going finally to be true.

I Just need a clarification - I saw the pictures of the Hellenic and Polish air forces given by Vinflyer. If I remember correctly it is written somewhere that the model used for the repaints and is present in various pictures is not necessarly the correct one but it's just used to help painters to prepare their projects. Is that correct? If yes simply Ignore the below.

If no, and I'm not causing any problem, please permit me to ask if we can do something to fix the below.

1. Polish AF is using block 52 plus aircraft with drag chute strictly. That means that the correct model should have the P&W exhaust pipe (like the one shown in other pictures presenting the Belgium or Norway or Dutch AF) but in black color and the small mouth intake. Because of the Drag Chute it has the wide Vertical Stabilizer base of the Block 25 and above but with the addition of the Drag Chute housing(Again like Belgium or Norway or Dutch AF).

2. Hellenic AF Model presented in these pictures is 95 precent correct to show a block 30 or block 50 model that truly is used (The Serial No belongs to a Block 50 aircraft of 347 squadron) and the rest 5 percent is again the C model wide base of the Vertical Stab followed by the drag chute housing. Hellenic Af is using offcourse the block 52 plus model and for this case pargragraph 1 above applies fully. From outside Polish and Hellenic block 52 plus vipers are 99 percent identical (There are some small changes on some antennas due to different self defense systems) selected.

Indepentently from if and what are you going to do for the above Thank you very much for your time. :D

Chris

• Aerosoft
Mathijs,

I've been trying to piece together compatability / incompatibility from this thread, and am a little confused. If possible could you (or someone from the development team) please confirm the following with regards to the F-16:

FSX RTM : compatable

FSX SP1 : 100% compatable and optimized

FSX Acceleration : compatable

FSX SP2 : compatable providing the release actually is identical to Acceleration SP2

I've been holding off on installing Acceleration due to all the issues reported. Which version of FSX do I, or will I need to get the most out of the F-16 package? Will there be any differences (aside from DX10) having it installed on the various versions?

Thanks in advance.

FSX RTM : non of our programs is expected to work on that at this moment.

FSX SP1 : 100% okay

FSX Acceleration /SP2 : probably okay, but it would be very cool if MS solved a few issues. It will be slower than SP1 in any case, such is the nature of the beast.

Thanks for the response. It's too bad SP2 has inherent problems. It may split the community (and developers) into two mindsets. I hope ACES addresses the issues.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello

I read much about the 'clothes' and the HUD from this upcoming F-16 product. Is it able to find a thread about the avionics and systems?

I am flying all versions of Falcon 4 past over 5 years, and I am very interested obout all the knobs and switches and the deep of the functionality. What will the MFD show? Will they have the same screens like the real F-16?

And however it sound sadism: Will it be able to drop a bomb or a A-A-rocket? Will the HUD display all the correct system-information, espacially the IR- and Radar symbol, bomb-fall-line and -pipper? Can the pilot lock a target (even he won't destroy something)?

As owner of the Thrustmaster HOTAS-Cougar: Will it be possible to program the knobs of my HOTAS to use the stick-systems like in real-life?

• Aerosoft
Hello

I read much about the 'clothes' and the HUD from this upcoming F-16 product. Is it able to find a thread about the avionics and systems?

I am flying all versions of Falcon 4 past over 5 years, and I am very interested obout all the knobs and switches and the deep of the functionality. What will the MFD show? Will they have the same screens like the real F-16?

And however it sound sadism: Will it be able to drop a bomb or a A-A-rocket? Will the HUD display all the correct system-information, espacially the IR- and Radar symbol, bomb-fall-line and -pipper? Can the pilot lock a target (even he won't destroy something)?

As owner of the Thrustmaster HOTAS-Cougar: Will it be possible to program the knobs of my HOTAS to use the stick-systems like in real-life?

Well FSX is limited in many military aspects of course, the radar will lock on AI targets, but we do not intend to go very deep in the weapon modes of the hud as FSX simply is very limited there. Simply put, you will be flying, not fighting. We could never compete with Falcon in that aspect. You will be able to use all the standard key commands and link them to buttons, but again, FSX is limited in that aspect.

All in all, this is an aircraft for FSX, not Falcon moved to FS. We can't get close in systems, but our model will look a heck of lot better and will also have far better flight models.

• Aerosoft
Your F-16 is looking great! Here is my question: how did you go about creating the flight model? Do you have any prior or current F-16 pilots or flight instructors testing the flight model?

Thanks

It is based on a development that has been going on for many years and it is being tested by many virtual air forces and a good number of real F16 pilots.

Are you going to make a Royal Bahraini Air Force paint?
If you can supply us with some decent photos I might make one. Although it's one of those countries with very few F-16 in service. It might not appeal that much to the bigger audience.

The one in pixel camo (like some of the USN/USMC F/A-18s are finished in) looks difficult.

Best

Indeed, but i think i gonna need more (and better /higher resolution / more detailed) pics than that to make some decent repaint. Unfortunately there aren't that many pics of the Bahraini AF.