Preview: F-16 just before going into beta1

Hello !!!

Have you forgotten to release ? :D

I thought end of september or early october !!!

Remember,

They had to see how SP2 would affect development....

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aerosoft

Remember,

They had to see how SP2 would affect development....

Indeed and the effects are rather big. So that's why we done the Seahawk first. That was a project we knew we could close without many problems and still making this the chopper to beat. But Tim and the others are back on the F16 now.

Nasty trick by MS - they know full well we want SP2 now and will even by that darn addin just to get hold of SP2.

In Germany that situation could be taken to court under the rules of unfair trading...

SP2 is a service pack to "fix" initial production slip ups, not a "must py to have".

SP2 is a service pack to "fix" initial production slip ups, not a "must py to have".

I could not agree more, Chris. Shame on Microsoft/Aces Studio to make customers have to pay for a necessary Service Pack for poor coding to begin with...they should make it available via download NOW.

Let us postpone judgments until we know why Microsoft has this release policy. Quick and easy judgments get us nowhere. If SP2 is released before Christmas it will be less than two months after Acceleration, and we will still get it for free. FSX is running by and large satisfactorily with SP1. We do not need SP2, it is nice to have. Let us remember FSX is a game, not resister relief. I have seen in other forums what harm pushy or impatient talk can do. Let’s not do it here.

SP2 should not be far from what I4ve understood it is the localization of the SP2 that makes the delay, while every localisation is being done for every language on the Acceleration Pack, it seems they can't make the SP2 translation at the same time, If I understood correctly the answer phil made me on this blog. Anyway it'll be here soon, as it is included in the Acceleration Pack it is easy to assume that SP2 is ready too.

Enough ranting about SP2 :lol: Here are some more paint previews for you (something this topic was actually about):

(please comment on the paints only, not on the model as this is all still pre-beta and quite some things are still missing)

beta_preview_017.jpg

beta_preview_020.jpg

beta_preview_022.jpg

beta_preview_012.jpg

beta_preview_021.jpg

Nasty trick by MS - they know full well we want SP2 now and will even by that darn addin just to get hold of SP2.

In Germany that situation could be taken to court under the rules of unfair trading...

But you wouldn't have a case to take them to court because they are releasing the fix for free. Just like anything else though, if you want to be an early adopter then you'll have to pay. If not then you will still get it for free shortly after. Like it or not that is the way of things these days. From a business perspective it's a brilliant move. People seem to forget that Microsoft is a business first.

@ Vin- the paints look great. I especially like the "Red Air" tail.

Great paints Vin, superb work. Make sure you check which aircraft has the Falcon Star doublers on the spine. Acually I have shots of BAF F-16AMs with only the "banana" doublers at the rear of the air refuelling receptacle.

I sure hope I get my PC back soon :roll:

Best

I have definete plans for an RDAF one. Let's see what models there'll be first. There are so many different models of the AM, every country has it's peculiarities. Taking different loadouts on each into consideration there would be a myriad of models and I have no problems with that. Does Aerosoft, that's the big question?

On weapons/stores configs there are also peculiarities. This applies to, among others, IR AA missiles, targeting pods, recce pods and weapons pylons (sta 3/7). Some already use later generation equipment.

I'll make a list one of these days if I can find the time. That may even include type of helmet worn.

One thing's for sure, for the last payware F-16 published (by L&%#§), there never were a true RDAF model, I feel maybe this time there should be, as well as a Belgian one for that matter.

Best

• Aerosoft
I have definete plans for an RDAF one. Let's see what models there'll be first. There are so many different models of the AM, every country has it's peculiarities. Taking different loadouts on each into consideration there would be a myriad of models and I have no problems with that. Does Aerosoft, that's the big question?

On weapons/stores configs there are also peculiarities. This applies to, among others, IR AA missiles, targeting pods, recce pods and weapons pylons (sta 3/7). Some already use later generation equipment.

I'll make a list one of these days if I can find the time. That may even include type of helmet worn.

One thing's for sure, for the last payware F-16 published (by L&%#§), there never were a true RDAF model, I feel maybe this time there should be, as well as a Belgian one for that matter.

Best

Dag, if it is not in the original release it should not be a major issue to make one for you. This time the files are well organized and it will be mostly a matter of packing things together. Keep in mind we are as always less flexible on the systems, most likely there will be only one cockpit.

Mathijs;

Sounds cool with me. I talked to Tim earlier about an an A-model without the MLU specific modifications but with the MLU cockpit, I don't care that much about the cockpit. Makes tons of additional paints possible (earlier ones). And that's fine with me.

A release of a base package with expansion packs later on would be cool.

Best

• Aerosoft
Mathijs;

Sounds cool with me. I talked to Tim earlier about an an A-model without the MLU specific modifications but with the MLU cockpit, I don't care that much about the cockpit. Makes tons of additional paints possible (earlier ones). And that's fine with me.

A release of a base package with expansion packs later on would be cool.

Best

Right, as we need to keep the price down (bloody Euro to Dollar rate makes it real hard to give our US customer a good deal) we have decided to move some of the weapons options to a expansion pack as well. Most likely free of charge. It'll work out.

There will be different versions of the cockpit, AMLU with the black painted style and C version with the Grey, different radios, lighting panels, and other little stuff, also different ejection seats. Maybe if it not to difficult, and time permitting we may also have the block 40-42 with large HUD, keep your fingers crossed.

There will alot of variations, so get your internet connect ready, cause when the download starts all of the various MDLs will be rather large.

Tim

Vin.... between you and Dag, do I dare ask for another repaint ?!?!?!?!?!? Might look pretty kewl!

Also, thought some of you might like to read a little blurb ajock friend of mine sent me.... I can attest to most of it as being the truth!!

WHY IT'S GREAT TO BE A FIGHTER PILOT

[*]Flying close finger-tip formation in a flight of four.

[*]Flying acro in the clouds in a section (2-ship).

[*]Losing an engine in an F-84F while taxing back to the ramp after a mission.

[*]Terminating afterburner at 1.85 Mach in an F101 and experiencing deceleration so hard that I flew off of the seat and into the harness so hard that I had strap bruises on my body, and needed a change of underwear. 

[*]Full afterburner take off in a clean F101 in 20 below zero weather at night.

[*]Doing formation join-ups in the F4 around big beautiful columns of Cumulus out of every fighter base. 

[*]Jumping a flight of 4 A-7’s in a clean F-4.

[*]Forgetting to lock your harness on a carrier landing and winding up with your helmet stuck under the glare shield and your O2 mask kissing the top of the stick’s trim button.

[*]Sunrises seen from the high flight levels that make the heart soar.

[*]Cruising mere feet above a billiard-table-flat cloud deck at mach .86, with your chin on the glare shield and your face as close as you can get to the windshield.

[*]Knowing you got to land a fighter on a five thousand foot runway, that is covered with hard packed snow, and no drag chute.

[*]Knowing you got to land a fighter on a 200 foot long steel rectangle at 152 knots with a pitching deck and it’s 200 and a half.

[*]Punching out the top of a low overcast while climbing 10,000 feet per minute in AB.

[*]The majesty and grandeur of towering cumulus.

[*]The delicate threads of St. Elmo's Fire dancing on the canopy at night.

[*]The twinkle of lights on the Japanese fishing fleet far below, on a night crossing of the North Pacific.

[*]Cloud formations that are beautiful beyond description.

[*]Seeing the approach strobes appear through the fog on a 'must do' zero, zero approach when there is no other place to go.

[*]Seeing geologic formations that no ground-pounder will ever see.

[*]The welcome view of approach lights appearing out of the mist just as you reach minimums.

[*]Finding yourself in a thunderstorm with 750# bombs hanging on your wings.

[*]Lightning storms at night over the Midwest.

[*]The soft, comforting glow of the instrument panel in a dark cockpit.

[*]The dancing curtains of colored light of the aurora on a winter-night North Atlantic crossing.

[*]The majestic panorama of an entire mountain range stretched out beneath you from horizon to horizon.

[*]Lenticular clouds over the Sierras.

[*]The brief, yet tempting, glimpse of runway lights after you've already committed to the missed approach.

[*]Watching a fellow pilot do an engine out flameout approach and making it in an F-100.

[*]Seeing a "dumb" bomb you drop hit a target and knowing you had all the parameters right.

[*]Squall lines that run as far as you can see.

[*]Exotic lands with exotic food.

[*]Maneuvering the airplane through day lit canyons between towering  cumulus clouds.

[*]The deep blue-gray of the sky at FL 510.

[*]Sunsets of every color imaginable.

[*]The tantalizing glow of the flashing strobe lights just before you break out of the clouds on approach.

[*]Yosemite Valley from above.

[*]The almost blindingly-brilliant-white of a towering cumulus cloud.

[*]A cold San Miguel in Angeles City after a long day's flying.

[*]The Diamond Horseshoe at Itazuke.

[*]Ocean crossings and in-flight refueling.

[*]Hearing every sound a single engine fighter makes at night over the open ocean.

[*]Seventy-thousand-foot-high thunderstorm clouds in the tropics.

[*]Sipping Pina Coladas in a luxury hotel bar, while a typhoon rages outside.

[*]The smell of winter kimchee in Korea.

[*]Wake Island at sunrise.

[*]Icebergs in the North Atlantic. 

[*]Contrails.

[*]The camaraderie of a good crew.

[*]Mono Lake and the steep wall of the Sierra Nevada range when approached from the east.

[*]The Long Bar at the Raffles.

[*]Heavy takeoffs from the "cliff" runway at Guam.

[*]Mexican Village on weekday nights in North Island.

[*]Secretary’s Night on Thursday night at NASA Houston.

[*]NAS Miramar O’Club on Friday night.

[*]The Downwind bar on Sunday night at NAS North Island

[*]German beer.

[*]Oktoberfest.

[*]The white cliffs of Dover

[*]Brain bags crammed with charts, pubs and in-flight meals.

[*]A unrestricted climb in full burner in an F-4 at max-trap weight.

[*]The quietness of a fighter cockpit on Cat 1 while on night alert.

[*]Cross-wind landings at 29 Kts/90 degrees

[*]Good RIO’s.

[*]Watching countless rounds of 23/37/57 MM being shot at you, at night, and ALL missing.

Hi Bart,

By all means, just ask.... get good reference, we wanna be accurate :D

Now can that FS rig of mine please be ready soon.... :shock:

Best