Preview: F-16 just before going into beta1

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There will be different versions of the cockpit, AMLU with the black painted style and C version with the Grey, different radios, lighting panels, and other little stuff, also different ejection seats. Maybe if it not to difficult, and time permitting we may also have the block 40-42 with large HUD, keep your fingers crossed.

There will alot of variations, so get your internet connect ready, cause when the download starts all of the various MDLs will be rather large.

Tim

Hmm I love the way you're thinking Tim and I like Mathijs' "weapons configs expansion", sounds like an awsome project. Mind you, many C-models are also NVG adapted with black cockpits. Looking fwd. to it :D

Best regards

Hi, there!

The Model images are looking good

But is there some more info ready yet on the avionics... the MFD's, the HUD, the digital HSI or RWR , maybe with some screenshots please.

And how far is the VC ready yet?

Is there a little trailer maybe?

I'll give you also a link to a site with pics from FX accelerated, scroll down and be amazed!!

http://www.flightsimworld.com/forums/index...28136&st=40

Give us some more info please.

• 2 weeks later...

Gents,

If i may say............

I'f seen the F-16 on our FS weekend in Holland and i have to say, THIS IS A BLOCKBUSTER dudes!!!!!!

So our patience is going to be rewarded for sure!

THANX Mathijs for showing me.

GRTZ

T

Hello people,

Awesome work on the F-16s! Now, as I said in the other thread, I'm currently going through fighter pilot training (Officier Vlieger kort model) for the RNLAF, and I've got a request for a skin. Some time ago, we lost a great pilot and a man defending our freedom in Afghanistan. I'm not sure if it's in proper taste to post his name here, but I would love to see his livery included in your fantastic product as a final salute to this pilot and the men and women he died defending. I think it's important for us here in The Netherlands to show that he, and all the others that died for our freedom ('our' meaning Western and Eastern civilisation alike), are not forgotten. I would say portraying "his" aircraft in your product would be a suitable way to acknowledge their sacrifice by simply showing we remember them.

The fighter jet in question was 'J-364', which was destroyed in the crash that also killed its pilot somewhere in the Ghazni-province in Afghanistan. Here are some pictures of that specific Viper:

It was the rather famous '90s RNLAF solo-display F-16:

0730804.jpg

f16_j364_photo_by_robert_dahler_3.jpg

0734129.jpg

20020919_lfbc_nlaf_f16a_j364_jvb_mt01.jp

RedStorm-anu.jpg

Take-off in Afghanistan...

RedStorm-j364_het_toestel_van_kapitein_d

RedStorm-donkervoort.JPG

Forgive me for the big pictures. Also please note that the second to last and last pictures (this one and this one) are the most accurate representations of what his plane looked like before the fatal crash.

I'd appreciate it if you'd consider it! Thanks in advance,

Maka

Hey MAKAVELI,

Where you at, at the moment, Woensdrecht or the states??

Guess your busy on EMVO or beyond that.

Annyway, as soon as this plane comes, out even if they dont have the money or time to spent on the skin, its gonna be made by me for the vRNLAF anyway , so we'll keep intouch then!

check ya later

TAFKAM

313 for live!

Hey TAFKAM,

I wish! Just starting KMA. Sorry, I should've been more clear when I said "pilot in training", what I meant was, "pilot-in-training-but-not-yet-'wings'-worthy"! ;)

Anyway, I take it you're active over at Volkel, sir? The only hours I've made so far are Frasca 141 simulator and PVS Slingsby Firefly... :)

Hope to meet you one day over at 313sqn! If I had a choice, 313 would be my first pick - Tigers lead the way! ;) Volkel is also an awesome airbase.

Ah, but let's not get too carried away now... KMA, EMVO and The States to go! Hopefully by the time I get through, Volkel will still be there. I can't believe they're actually thinking about closing our beloved EHVK! That'd only leave us Leeuwarden as an active F-16 hub. Such a shame!

Hope to hear from you soon,

PS. What exactly is the vRNLAF? I'm interested in joining you guys, but I'm not sure if you'd have me, as I'm not really in active service with the RNLAF yet. You do look like a great bunch of guys, though, and I love the look of your website!

Hey Makaveli,

Well, first of all i'm retired some years, but a lot of the boyz ar still in tha hood!

I mean a lot of our guys are still active in the KLu!

The vRNLAF is set up by some persons from the real live RNLAF.

We fly together with FS online and fly the real routes /rules above Holland as well as through-out the whole world with atc and so on.......

Well anyway ..good luck in Breda and with the whole training programm 'cause you'll need it!!

A friend of mine is already busy on EMVO......

We would be glad to have ya on board...just give us an e-mail and we'll se what we can do!!

Take care and again good luck!!

Check ya six later!

TAFKAM

Who wants to know that ?

This thread is about the F-16 beta !!!

I want to know that! Maybe a contribution to the project was possible. Do you have a problem with that? This attitude just want to make me wanna leave the project.

Dag, Fulcrum may have been a bit curt, but I think he has a point. The talk about who is where in the Dutch Air Force gets the character of a private conversation. I too would like to see this thread return to its core. And to make this an attitude issue is a bit of a quick judgment I would say.

Dag, Fulcrum may have been a bit curt, but I think he has a point. The talk about who is where in the Dutch Air Force gets the character of a private conversation. I too would like to see this thread return to its core. And to make this an attitude issue is a bit of a quick judgment I would say.

stickshaker,

I'm sorry for taking this thread off-topic, however my skin request was a genuine one and idle chat(ter) can often lead to friendly 'this-whats' and 'how-fors' all too quickly - as was the case here.

However, I personally do not think our posts could have been too offensive. They were about the project in a broad sense, and community spirit in a more direct manner. If all we were allowed to reply in these threads was something directly pertaining to the original post, this would be a very cold community indeed. I believe the odd off-topic post or two is a very small price to pay for having an open-minded community with members who take the time to listen to one another.

Moderators will deal with posts that are truly off-topic, that is not a job for members to do. If you truly feel my (or anyone else's) posts are off-topic, simply report them. No harm done to anyone, the moderators will sort it out. Notice right now that the discussion about whether or not our posts have been offending forum rules is actually taking more replies than the original posts themselves.

But not to venture even further off-topic, any word on some nice new screenshots or videos? ;) I would love a quick update on this amazing looking bird and what she'll be able to do in FSX!

Sorry,

I don´t want to make somebody angry !

But this thread is about the status of the F-16 and not a private conversation thread. If you want to make a private conversation then open a new thread. Where is the problem ?

Or have i understand something wrong ?

Sorry,

I don´t want to make somebody angry !

But this thread is about the status of the F-16 and not a private conversation thread. If you want to make a private conversation then open a new thread. Where is the problem ?

Or have i understand something wrong ?

But it is not your task to govern this. It is the moderators'. Let them do their job, they know what is blatant spam and what is acceptable within the confines of this thread.

Anyway, what I was wondering was, would it be possible to see a quick animated movie of an F-16AM's engine nozzle going from idle - to full thrust - to afterburner? Just in a GMax window, needn't be in-game, I'd love to see what the full animated swing of the tailpipe looks like. Thanks!

Makaveli, good post (your second last one). I certainly did not find any of the posts concerned offensive and understand that a little chat adds to the atmosphere. So it never occurred to me to report to the moderator, although I considered leaving this thread alone for a while until it had resumed its original course. I sometimes make posts that venture from the topic myself. The positive side of this exchange of opinions is that it makes us remember the need to balance the preservation of the course of a forum thread with one’s desire to express individual thoughts and opinions. Let’s always evaluate the added value, and possible side-effects, of what we want to say for the community as a whole when we formulate our post. I won’t say anything more on the matter and just wait for new information on the beautiful bird.

On an entirely different matter: I flew the Acceleration F/A-18 yesterday and when you move your head up or down (I have TrackIR) the HUD-symbology moves with it. That makes, for example, the horizon line and the Flight Path Marker virtually useless. How will this be in the F-16? The Iris F-15C shows it is possible to keep the HUD almost (not entirely) stable despite head movements. From flights in professional fighter simulators I know that the HUD-symbology stays stable relative to the outside world, despite head movements.