Preview: F-16 just before going into beta1

Hi Mathijs,

Can you point me to one FSX aircraft where it is done in a way that works well?

in Aerosoft's/Digital Aviation's KatanaX I like the pilot in the VC. But I agree with you, in most cases the pilot in the VC is a little bit strange :lol:

The F-16 looks really spectacular!! :)

Greeetings

Tim

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aerosoft
Hi Mathijs,

in Aerosoft's/Digital Aviation's KatanaX I like the pilot in the VC. But I agree with you, in most cases the pilot in the VC is a little bit strange :lol:

The F-16 looks really spectacular!! :)

Greeetings

Tim

With the utmost respect to DA, but the pilot in the VC is exactly why I think it is not a very good idea. They done it as good as is possible in FS2004, in FSX we could certainly improve on it as animations are immeasurably more powerful (using bones etc), but it would never look not as good as the rest of the cockpit.

I agree it can look a bit funny in a VC to NOT see yourself, but in the cases where I have seen myself I found it very limiting and strange. Can you point me to one FSX aircraft where it is done in a way that works well?

No, not yet. But I guess anything Aerosoft touched would go well...

Slime.... :lol::lol::lol:

But... there are a few FS9 ers that show hands and feet quite well... and can port

• Aerosoft

No, not yet. But I guess anything Aerosoft touched would go well...

Slime.... :lol::lol::lol:

But... there are a few FS9 ers that show hands and feet quite well... and can port

Okay, point me to to those. I have not seen them. My main issue is that if you do a VC you got to keep the option to move your head (viewpoint) to look at gauges, see out of the cockpit in a tail dragger etc. In all VC's where there is a hand on the stick I am able to see major connection issues between shoulder, arms and hand, even with the head still. Now move your head right and the stick left/forward.

So is all the model and texture work complete for the beta or does it have a ways to like like the pics show?

Not sure I undertand "a ways to like like the pics show", but.... textures are not complete and that also goes for the model. The beta will be an internal one for now, from what I understood.

Thanks

Okay, point me to to those. I have not seen them. My main issue is that if you do a VC you got to keep the option to move your head (viewpoint) to look at gauges, see out of the cockpit in a tail dragger etc. In all VC's where there is a hand on the stick I am able to see major connection issues between shoulder, arms and hand, even with the head still. Now move your head right and the stick left/forward.

The Lago Ultralights for a start. The Solex flying bike too, I think. The Jetpack maybe. There were also one or two freeware gliders with feet on pedals and hands on stick. But as you say, none of these were probably connected to heads and shoulders.

But I am afraid I have removed all FS9 from my PC and am fully "Exed"

I agree - it will be difficult. Especially as some folk will also expect the head to move with the coolie or TrackIR...

The standard method (pilot visible from external view) works well too. Anyway, one day the soft- and hardware will be ready to deliver full pilots in VC.

I think the main gripe folks have with VC (with respect to "crew") is that when they look around, the pilot's seat is empty. But it's no really big thing. Just wishes...

there are a few things

when i see the cockpit and e LAU-129 launchers, i think it will be an MLU version.

In that case you missed the antenna's at front of the cockpit.

And a small notice the gun barrel panel and the gun door are not correct. the gun door has to be bigger and the bun barrel panel has round corners

You're right Patrick, the model shown is a MLU version. And yes it's missing some things, like the antennas. But what you're seeing now is still a pre-beta model. There's still some work to be done. And that's not just the modelling, but also the painting :D Below a few preview shots of the first paint I'm working on. It are early paint work shots, still a lot to be done.

beta_preview_004.jpg

beta_preview_002.jpg

beta_preview_005.jpg

Vin I have to say those pics of the F16 are absolutly remarkable ! I can tell that not only are you gifted

you must truly love your work

8)

Randy

You also forgot Dag.

Mo

What I really like about Vin is that you give him a few ideas and, Bingo, a few hours later he comes up a nice model!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

We luv ya, Vin!! Keep up the attention to detail and the great work. (As ALWAYS!!)

Looks good Vin, i'm impressed!! 8)

Keep up the good work.

The thing im worried about more is what about the HFFM, how does the plane fly?

After using the L F-16 i had to re-arange the whole flight avionics, the way she flies and the HUD.

Made it better as the freeware version of the HUD, 'cause not everybody could see the tadpole for example....

Anyway, if some information needed about the F-16 Mlu/M4 JP-6 just ask..

Maybe we can help...

So maybe if you guys need some more testers give us a call!

Just a helping hand Vin use another kind of Orange colour, the one we use is a bit more to the salmonisch colour..

Further, as soon as this product comes out i'll buy it for shure!!!!

grts

"If its got wings, a motor i'll fly it" "SEMPER VIPER"

Great pictures of a great aircraft. I've never seen such a high detailed aircraft for any flight simulator before. What I can say is, that these aircraft is the best aircraft, I've ever seen for the Flighsimulator before.

I hope it works on the FS2004 too.

You're right Patrick, the model shown is a MLU version. And yes it's missing some things, like the antennas. But what you're seeing now is still a pre-beta model. There's still some work to be done. And that's not just the modelling, but also the painting :D Below a few preview shots of the first paint I'm working on. It are early paint work shots, still a lot to be done.

:shock: Great work as always Vin!

We have not yet decided on liveries to be included.

If so, be fast......there is a new skin from the real demo coming out maybe next year.

By the way, Mathijs...will the flaps be working with the gear?

greetz

Dear people from Aerosoft.

I like the military model of Aerosoft plainly.

It sees the photograph of F-16 this time and it is moved by doing the wonderful. :P

Then, I ordered this F-16. :D

Does this F-16 have the coat of the variation of every country? :wink: :?:

Also, is there a model which doesn't have a parachute, too,? :?:

Thanks!

So you want panel 2405 more rounded at the front (slimmer) and panel 2409 larger and more rounded at the front corners?

The 063 texture screen has the good shape....!