Preview: F-16 just before going into beta1

• Aerosoft

Jump directly to Vins livery sample:

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/viewtopic.ph...sc&start=68

Loads of small details to see. Much more than an FS2004 aircraft could ever have! Don't worry about the frame rates to much, a lot of the smallest details will not be shown if you are more then a few meters away (so when you look at the wingtip from the cockpit you will see less detail that you would see when you looked from a external viewpoint closer to the wingtip).

This product is going into beta1 this week (small beta, don't bother to get ask for a beta status now).

preview113_fsx.jpg

preview114_fsx.jpg

preview117_fsx.jpg

preview118_fsx.jpg

preview119_fsx.jpg

preview120_fsx.jpg

preview121_fsx.jpg

preview122_fsx.jpg

preview123_fsx.jpg

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow it looks so hot, cant wait to fly it :D Maybe we can see a preview Movie with some effects or anything before it will be release? :)

You know my position on the Falcon, but I just wanted to say "hats off" to the developers 8). Hope this kind of detail will be available on other Aerosoft-products :wink:.

• Aerosoft
You know my position on the Falcon, but I just wanted to say "hats off" to the developers 8). Hope this kind of detail will be available on other Aerosoft-products :wink:.

Well too be honest, this is a product from our 'show off' department. Every year we do at least one product that is as far as we can push it. That makes not a lot of sense commercially as the investment is rather big, but we like to see what will be mainstream in the second half of 2008. It's also a good test to see how far we can push FSX until it gets too slow. At this moment this one runs at a solid 20 fps with medium to high scenery settings (aka FS2004 max settings). With some tweaking we feel we can keep those frames with the required high to very scenery settings.

Dear people from Aerosoft!

I am in the beta tester program for the Falcon :-)

Can you please explane to me how i can get the beta copy of the Falcon,When she is released?

Greetings Matthias! :-)

WOW!!! I will say it again WOW ,looking at those pics above make my mouth water your company and its "Artists"

continue to amaze me ,I hope the A10 (my favorate) is going to be comparable,any word on the A10?

So far I've staid away from jets, because I'm not that much of a pilot - but this looks too good to be ignored ... can that thing be reasonably controlled without going through 100 pages of manual and 200 hours of practice?

Thanks!

• Aerosoft
So far I've staid away from jets, because I'm not that much of a pilot - but this looks too good to be ignored ... can that thing be reasonably controlled without going through 100 pages of manual and 200 hours of practice?

Thanks!

Absolutely. FLYING the Falcon is real easy, just point the nose and feed it some fuel, even starting up is a two button affair. Landing is tricky because of the weird nose up attitude, but what's life without some challenge?

Most fighters are easy to fly because you don't want to spend a lot of time on systems when you got a bogey on your tail.

• Aerosoft
Dear people from Aerosoft!

I am in the beta tester program for the Falcon :-)

Can you please explane to me how i can get the beta copy of the Falcon,When she is released?

Greetings Matthias! :-)

When we got room in the team we'll let it be known here.

just saw the jayhawk pix and suddenly an idea came to my mind:

will the F-16 come with an (working) Aircraft carrier (hook + Arrestor Cables)? (I'd welcome it and be prepared to pay about 40€ [maybe a litlle more])

I'm looking forward to the F-16 being released (will be prepared to pay up to 35€ for a version without aircraft carrier - or will i have to be preparde for more?)

Chris,

I don't think the F16 will be released with a carrier, it would be rather unrealistic.

While the f16 does indeed have a hook, it would break it's gear when trying to land on an aircraft carrier. The hook is only used to be able to come to a stop on a normal runway (eg when the viper is out of breakes)

• Aerosoft
just saw the jayhawk pix and suddenly an idea came to my mind:

will the F-16 come with an (working) Aircraft carrier (hook + Arrestor Cables)? (I'd welcome it and be prepared to pay about 40€ [maybe a litlle more])

I'm looking forward to the F-16 being released (will be prepared to pay up to 35€ for a version without aircraft carrier - or will i have to be preparde for more?)

although without a carrier capability, our model will have the hook and when you pull the lever it will extend.

• Aerosoft
Are there going to be pilot bits visible in VC?

That is one thing missing in VC screenies.

I agree it can look a bit funny in a VC to NOT see yourself, but in the cases where I have seen myself I found it very limiting and strange. Can you point me to one FSX aircraft where it is done in a way that works well?