VC lights Issue 2

@Mathijs Kok @etopsbr

This is NOT a CRJ issue but something else!

I did a clean OS install and complete clean V4.2 install. The CRJ is not yet on my system since I wait for the latest update. I faced yesterday the exact same issue in the FSL for the first time ever. Didn't see it till yesterday.

What came with the error was an extremely dark environment (VC and everything else) in the FSL and the NGX. It was so dark that I had to push the brightness of my monitor and even in the sim to almost max to be able to see something in the VC.

After a PC restart, the issue was gone...and I could revert the video settings to normal. Restarting the sim did not do the trick...

2 hours ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

@Mathijs Kok @etopsbr

This is NOT a CRJ issue but something else!

I did a clean OS install and complete clean V4.2 install. The CRJ is not yet on my system since I wait for the latest update. I faced yesterday the exact same issue in the FSL for the first time ever. Didn't see it till yesterday.

What came with the error was an extremely dark environment (VC and everything else) in the FSL and the NGX. It was so dark that I had to push the brightness of my monitor and even in the sim to almost max to be able to see something in the VC.

After a PC restart, the issue was gone...and I could revert the video settings to normal. Restarting the sim did not do the trick...

Yes, It's seems to be a P3D bug.. Thats why I wrote that the V4.2 doesn't fix it. Also reported this in FSL forum. They need to take this issue to LM so they can provide a real fix. It's somehow associated with the DLs that keeps desappearing when you moove the camera position. 

Really annoyng bug! My P3D is almost day ops only! 

• 2 weeks later...

Dear @Hans Hartmann,

there's a hint from another forum that points towards a possible SimConnect issue. I started the sim with UTL on then pointed my camera so that the lights go off (in my case the Taxi Lights illuminating the ground). Killing UTLCLIENT.exe from the taskmanager, the lights instantly turned on.

Maybe this helps further to understand what's happening.

@Hans Hartmann @Mathijs Kok

This is my proof of what happens on my system:

Vanilla P3D (again) only with 1 Addon UTLive: https://youtu.be/9XQLszIbIxQ

Upon resetting UTLive, lights work flawless, UTL fully initialized -> lights go off.

REMARK: This is a standard P3D installation! I have changed NO settings in the sim.

vor 7 Stunden , Hans Hartmann sagte:

Would you mind if I forward that video to the UTLive dev?

Hello Hans,

I already have a topic on their forum and the video is posted also there. In addition I have opened a ticket for this issue. Nevertheless of corse you can use the video.

The user simbol (avsim) made me do another test: he told me to try to decrease the traffic. Magic happened!

I always configure UTL with 50-60 commercial and 30%gen av traffic. It turned out that the light issue was getting better and better which each step I decreased the traffic. Reaching 40% on commercial and 25% gen av, the issue was completely gone!

The explanation could be the new optimisation LM have made with v4.2 in regard to dynamic light. Many Simobjects lead to a decrease in performance and therefore DL gets shut down.

I repeat myself for information: The upper test was on a brand new vanilla p3d v4.2 installation with all sliders on default and only UTL running. My specs are in my signature. It's almost unbeliavable that my system gets bottlenecked so quick. Furthermore I can move some p3d sliders to the right and the effect is unchanged. I also install all the addons and I'm able to load my sim with demanding addons (aircrafts) and the effect is again unchanged. The only thing that counts is how much traffic UTL injects...

I'm obviously no programmer, neither do I understand how the sim works. I wrote this here so it might help you guys to understand what happens. If this will not be fixed, more and more complaints will come in.

Best regards from Bodensee,

Gerald

Archived