Problem with PANC V1.10

Peter Lund

Dear Team,

I tried to install PANC PRO v1.10, but both buildings and runway- and taxiway textures are missing.

The only ORBX using for that area is Global and Vectors.

V1.0 worked without problems.

Correct, it P3Dv4.1.

I ran the setup as administrator and the target directory is Lockheed Martin->Prepar3d v4->Aerosoft which is what the installer comes up with.

So it´s installed in the same folder as P3D.

Sorry, I am not able to take a screenshot of the scenery library.

My Vectors entries are number 176-180 in the priority list where PANC are number 10. So they are far below PANC.

All my ORBX entries are below add sceneries.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Peter I need the following:

- open the PANC configtool, make a screenshot and post it here

- in the PANC installation folder are subfolders and all filled with files?

- post the add-on.cfg file here; there might be two of them at the following locations:

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg

and

C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg

If those folders are not visible in the Explorer, go in the options menu, Folder and search Options, View, Files and Folders -> Show hidden....

Hi Otto,

Thank you for replying.

-Please see the attached screenshot of the config tool.

-All folders in the PANC installation has files in them

-Please see the scenery.cfg and add-ons.cfg attached.

Best regards

Peter Lund

Please login to display this image.

scenery.cfg

add-ons.cfg

• Deputy Sheriffs

The add-on.cfg is missing an entry. Did you check both locations I gave you for add-on.cfg files? There can be 2 of them.

• Developer

Hello Peter,

can you please check the following:

1.) Check under Options->Gerneral the Option "Enable Content Error Reporting" and set Screenshot Format to "JPG"

2.) Start the P3D and go to Anchorage and make a screenshot of the airport by pressing V.

3.) Attach the screenshot here, you find them in "your PC>Pictures>Prepar3D v4 Files"

4.) Stop P3D, if you get a Popup Warning about Content Errors, you find a file named "ContentErrors.txt" under "your PC>Documents>Prepar3D v4 Files", please attach it here.

Hi Oliver,

Thank you for replying.

Please see the screenshots below and the content error log.

Best regards

Peter Lund

ContentErrors.txt

• Developer

Ok,

first of all, when I look into the first add-on.cfg, which contains the addons using the add-on.xml below the Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons Folder,

there is 2 times the entry for Orbx ObjectFlow 2 included:

[Package.9]
PATH=C:\Users\peter\OneDrive\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Orbx ObjectFlow 2
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

[Package.16]
PATH=C:\Users\peter\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Orbx ObjectFlow 2
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

I wonder, why there are two documents folders on your PC

C:\Users\peter\Documents and C:\Users\peter\OneDrive\Documents

Regarding Anchorage: Here it looks like, that on of the Addon you have, has active BGL, where an Exclude is done for the Area of the Airport in Anchorage.

As long as you have all bgl files in the Anchorage Prof Folder (should be 60 Files), then the exclude looks like the only possible reason. Lake Hood is shown on your screens, but this Object has his LAT/LON different from the Airport Objects.

When here is a addon with a higher Prio then Anchorage, this exclude simple removes the Airport objects and you can't see them.

The Problem is, that the last registered Addon gets the lowest Prio of all Addon using the add-on.xml system.

What you can try to change the order is to unzip the attached add-ons.cfg into the C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 folder (make a backup of the existing cfg before)

There I have changed the order, so that Anchorage should get a higher prio then the FSDT Sceneries.

Hi Oliver,

I have no idea why there are 2 documents folders on my computer. I tried removing one of the Object Peopleflow from the add-ons.cfg but was asked if I wanted to enable it when I opened P3D.

Unfortuantely the add-ons.cfg that you attached didn´t work. But when I removed PANC from the add-ons.cfg and installed it manually from P3D it worked.

So now PANC works again :)

Best regards

Peter Lund

• Deputy Sheriffs

IMHO the problem is OneDrive. MS tends to make OneDrive to your default Documents folder. But this is IMHO total bulls..t as it only causes problems with all kind of applications using the Document folder but not being Microsoft.

Archived